Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:40 pm
Archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:21 pm
napshnap wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:00 pm

One totalitarian asshole won over another totalitarian asshole. The lesson is - mind your own bussines and avoid any crazy asshole being it eastern, western or from dimension X. And that what Germany is trying to do (kind of), what you, Mothers Courages, can't understand.
Your philosophy would not have worked out too well for the world 80 years ago, if everyone just minded their own business and let the assholes get on with it, eh !
Stalin helped beat Hitler after Hitler rampaged into his country.
If you put NATO or Ukraine into the same category as either of those dictators napshnap, I fear for your sanity.
And it's now Putin that has invaded a neighbour and definitely does not have right on his side.
Ukraine may be fatigued but they won't cede anything to Putin without a fight. And NATO will provide as much support as they can.
The Russian tactic of hitting Ukraine's energy system in winter is deeply cynical. Russia no longer has the balls to fight on the battlefield.
All of the measured response has come from Ukraine and NATO. NATO could supply long range missiles, Ukraine could use what they've got to attack Russia directly. That hasn't happened and won't.
Russia hasn't the resources or friends to maintain this project. The sooner Putin backs down the better.
If you put NATO or Ukraine into the same category as either of those dictators napshnap, I fear for your sanity.
[/quote]
Surely after 9 months of waste there should be negotiation. Surely? Who has profited from this? Weapon makers and undertakers.
Why is it so hard for you to calc 2 + 2? Btw, 4 is approximately that many times more Germany pays for american LPG now, thanks to the mysterious pipes destroyer.
And it's now Putin that has invaded a neighbour and definitely does not have right on his side.
We discussed earlier, roots of the conflict. I remind you, that significant part of the people lost their representation in the gov and decided to move towards autonomy. Aaaand, here begins quite shady field of international law where the logic of actions and decision-making resembles more a shell game and not a law.

Imagine that jews and gypsies were not evenly spread in german society, but occupied a certain regions, then you will get the picture.
Ukraine may be fatigued but they won't cede anything to Putin without a fight.
viewtopic.php?p=319792#p319792
The Russian tactic of hitting Ukraine's energy system in winter is deeply cynical.
I agree, that was at least questionable decision.
Russia no longer has the balls to fight on the battlefield.
Following your logic, or narrative, whatever - why then some countries decided to send more modern heavy weaponry?
Russia hasn't the resources or friends to maintain this project.
Some big international oilfield services companies still operate in Russia and make good profit, huge fleet of tankers being bought, agricultural products and rare metals
are sold, pipes in the conflict area still function normally. So it's not so dark. Business is business.

Btw, funny story - do you remeber those 300bil dollars that the west now tries to "put to good use"? This is money for the resources bought from Russia, in fact, this is a debt that is now refused to be recognized and paid. This is called a default.
greenmark

Russia as an energy supplier is finished.The supply line that was sabotaged has had a neglible effect. Putin knows it.The power of the Putin oligarchy is crumbling. This explains the Ukraine conflict. Putin has no other strategy than to invade neighbours and kill to maintain his corrupt regime.
But it is a flawed strategy based on a warped mindset that deserves to fail. And it will.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:00 pm
Russia as an energy supplier is finished.The supply line that was sabotaged has had a neglible effect. Putin knows it.The power of the Putin oligarchy is crumbling. This explains the Ukraine conflict. Putin has no other strategy than to invade neighbours and kill to maintain his corrupt regime.
But it is a flawed strategy based on a warped mindset that deserves to fail. And it will.
It's not how it works, greenmark. I'm not saying that this is completely impossible within some conspiracy narrative, but if we'll try to look objectively, the country has a shitload of resources (some of them are very rare) and great experience in nuclear power and the rest of the world, the part that did not find a place on a "pedestal of a moral high ground", is very interested to buy or resell it.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:25 am
greenmark wrote:
It's not how it works, greenmark. I'm not saying that this is completely impossible within some conspiracy narrative, but if we'll try to look objectively, the country has a shitload of resources (some of them are very rare) and great experience in nuclear power and the rest of the world, the part that did not find a place on a "pedestal of a moral high ground", is very interested to buy or resell it.
"great experience in nuclear power" the words Mayak and Chernobyl spring to mind.
And yes economy-wise both Russia and us will find ways around the economic problems the "special operation" has created.
But the point is - none of the deaths or demolitions of cities or global economic disruptions or plunging swathes of Ukraine into cold darkness during winter were remotely necessary.
Give me one good reason for the above carnage.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:07 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:
"great experience in nuclear power" the words Mayak and Chernobyl spring to mind.
And yes economy-wise both Russia and us will find ways around the economic problems the "special operation" has created.
But the point is - none of the deaths or demolitions of cities or global economic disruptions or plunging swathes of Ukraine into cold darkness during winter were remotely necessary.
Reptilians illuminati global portfolio reshaping ;) ? But... it's not a "good" reason for us, working class people, of course.

Btw, check out this crazy stuff -

"How Europe needs freight trains to cross Russia from China

- Weapon systems rely on rare earth elements controlled by China
- EU data show Russian rail a key conduit for strategic metals"

36k tons in 2022 vs ~13k tons in 2021!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... from-china
Last edited by napshnap on Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:46 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:07 pm
napshnap wrote:

Reptilians illuminati global portfolio reshaping ;) ? But... it's not a "good" reason for us, working class people, of course.
I can give you a long list of good reasons why Putin should not have done this.
There are no winners here. And any "victory" would be definitely pyrrhic.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:57 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:14 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:01 pm

The link is behind a paywall. Can you copy/paste or summarise?
Lmao looks like you can beat the paywall by just clicking on "stop loading page" as it's loading, can't believe that worked :lol:
:lol: I didn't realise you can do that. They must have some webmaster on that site!
Works every time for me now!! :lol:

Paywalls nowadays

greenmark

Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:57 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Lmao looks like you can beat the paywall by just clicking on "stop loading page" as it's loading, can't believe that worked :lol:
:lol: I didn't realise you can do that. They must have some webmaster on that site!
Works every time for me now!! :lol:

Paywalls nowadays

What are you on about? I'm debating with napshnap about the costs of people dying for an uknown cause. And you are drivelling.
napshnap

I may be wrong but Kai, maybe saw or head enough to get tired of this sh*t, so I can understand this attitude.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:16 pm
I may be wrong but Kai, maybe saw or head enough to get tired of this sh*t, so I can understand this attitude.
"This sh*t" is of Putin's making. Don't expect me to stop critcising Russia under his control any time soon. I actually moderate my language toward Putin in deference to the forum.
Putin is a boil on the face of humanity.
Russia is being let down badly by Putin.
Derek27

Russia says sending tanks into Ukraine is dangerous!
Euler

Seems like an escalation, but I guess the west now feels Russia is weak enough that it can apply further pressure.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:16 pm
They should know
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
They should know
I always thought they were designed to be dangerous. :)

A former British army colonel says learning to operate the Leopard 2 is playstation stuff, 3 or 4 buttons to control and fire the gun. :D
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
They should know
That's top quality Kai. :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”