Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:02 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 pm
The attached shows you what would happen in the UK if Russia dropped 1 x biggest nuke they have ever tested. It wouldn't take many to wipe everyone in the UK off the planet. Those that do survive will probably wish they hadn't.
The 50-megaton Tzar bomb was nothing more than an experiment. It was so big the aircraft had to leave its doors open and drop it by parachute. It was never deployable and they don't have nukes of that size. They now use MIRV to scatter smaller yield bombs over an area.
It was just to give an example, unfortunately I cant test MIRV as its not available as an option in the test software matrix.

But if anyone wants to test different bombs in different parts of the world then knock your socks off, so to speak. :lol:

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:11 pm
unfortunately I cant test MIRV as its not available as an option in the test software matrix.
You can individually. Just test a smaller nuke, like 100 kilotons, at every military target in your area and see where your house stands. :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:20 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
unfortunately I cant test MIRV as its not available as an option in the test software matrix.
You can individually. Just test a smaller nuke, like 100 kilotons, at every military target in your area and see where your house stands. :)
No military targets within 30 miles of my house/bunker. So as long as i dont take a direct hit within 5 miles i be fine in my bunker. Everyone else above will probably suffer 3rd degree burns. I can up my periscope and decide who I want to save. :lol: That sentence sounded all wrong but you know what I mean. :lol:
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
No military targets within 30 miles of my house/bunker. So as long as i dont take a direct hit within 5 miles i be fine in my bunker. Everyone else above will probably suffer 3rd degree burns. I can up my periscope and decide who I want to save. :lol: That sentence sounded all wrong but you know what I mean. :lol:
You'll be too late. They'll all be burnt hags.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:35 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:

You'll be too late. They'll all be burnt hags.
:lol:
Derek27

There is a launch multiple button.
greenmark

The answer is so simple. Let us sit down and talk. We've done the "let's slaughter each other". How thick do we have to be to continue with this pointless waste of effort. FFS imagine if Russia and Ukraine and NATO and the EU and the UN had been working together for the last year with the resources that have been squandered on killing. Fuck me......am I in paralell universe where noone understands common sense???
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:43 pm
The answer is so simple. Let us sit down and talk. We've done the "let's slaughter each other". How thick do we have to be to continue with this pointless waste of effort. FFS imagine if Russia and Ukraine and NATO and the EU and the UN had been working together for the last year with the resources that have been squandered on killing. Fuck me......am I in paralell universe where noone understands common sense???
You're living in dreamland greenmark. You can't have meaningful talks with a deranged lunatic who thinks he's been attacked by Ukraine.

If 100-kiloton nukes are dropped on my local RAF bases I'll at least live to rant about it. :)

Screenshot 2023-03-20 205315.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
You're living in dreamland greenmark. You can't have meaningful talks with a deranged lunatic who thinks he's been attacked by Ukraine.

If 100-kiloton nukes are dropped on my local RAF bases I'll at least live to rant about it. :)

Cobblers! You can and should always talk. It is not only the most moral solution, it's also the most sensible.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:17 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Cobblers! You can and should always talk. It is not only the most moral solution, it's also the most sensible.
The West hates Putin and everything he stands for and Putin hates the West and everything it stands for.

Putin wants Ukraine and all Soviet era countries and land back under a new USSR, he personally believes its his and Russia destiny. In that regard he has the same mentality as Hitler. Both of them are/were unhinged. You dont talk, negoatie or hold hands with people like that and dance around the mapple tree swigging vodka and/or cider.

There is only one solution to the problem, Putin's death, how that happens be it FSB, Ukraine or NATO doesn't matter. But it needs to be done.

Not everyone in the world thinks like a Liberal. Putin certainly doesn't.

Greenmark, if you were allowed to be in a room with Putin then how would you convince him that his views are wrong and yours are right exactly ?
Archery1969

*** Breaking Monday Night News ***

A train carrying Russian Kalibr-KN cruise missiles with an operational range of more than 2,500km (1,550 miles) on land and 375km at sea has been destoryed in Crimea by drones operated by Ukraine forces.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's very naughty of the USA repositioning satellites.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How coud they possibly do such a thing when China is visiting Russia. Have they no shame.

greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:17 pm
Derek27 wrote:

The West hates Putin and everything he stands for and Putin hates the West and everything it stands for.

Putin wants Ukraine and all Soviet era countries and land back under a new USSR, he personally believes its his and Russia destiny. In that regard he has the same mentality as Hitler. Both of them are/were unhinged. You dont talk, negoatie or hold hands with people like that and dance around the mapple tree swigging vodka and/or cider.

There is only one solution to the problem, Putin's death, how that happens be it FSB, Ukraine or NATO doesn't matter. But it needs to be done.

Not everyone in the world thinks like a Liberal. Putin certainly doesn't.

Greenmark, if you were allowed to be in a room with Putin then how would you convince him that his views are wrong and yours are right exactly ?
Does anyone know what goes on in his head? At this point he seems to have stopped at Crimea and Donbas as objectives. His veiled threats to Sweden and Norway had no effect. The attempt on Kyiv was ridiculous. This is not the Nazi war machine that romped across Europe because Europe was unprepared. The landscape is radically different.
I would first ask him what is he trying to achieve. Perhaps he has identified some benefit for Russia in the "special operation". But its hard to fathom that at this point. Maybe he sees the world moving away from oil and gas and that leaves Russia very diminished. So the solution is expansionism but that isn't going to happen, so logically working together (as we have done over Afghanistan and work in the ISS) would be more sensible.
But, yes, you have to be very concerned with a world leader that changes the law to allow him continue in power.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:52 pm
I would first ask him what is he trying to achieve.
He's already comprehensively answered that. He's trying to "denazify" Ukraine, who started the war by attacking Russia!

The only way to make him see his wrongdoing is to force a gun into his mouth and pull the trigger. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:12 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:52 pm
I would first ask him what is he trying to achieve.
He's already comprehensively answered that. He's trying to "denazify" Ukraine, who started the war by attacking Russia!

The only way to make him see his wrongdoing is to force a gun into his mouth and pull the trigger. :D
I find it impossible to believe that is his objective. Might be a feeble to attempt swing opinion behind his real objectives by suggesting he's doing us all a favour by crushing neo-naziism. But that won't wash with anybody..
I read an article suggesting he sees Kyiv as the birthplace of his religion and he wants it back.
But all these supposed objectives don't justify what has happened, even for him. He's not daft. Quite the opposite. So what is he really after? It's obvious even to a numpty like me that he has zero chance of re-establishing the USSR. Both militarily and idealogically Russia is not anything like the USSR.
Derek27

Xi Jinping has invited Putin over to China. Perhaps the west can strike a deal with China. Putin for Taiwan. ;)

Return to “Chill Out Area”