Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:37 pm
Xi Jinping has invited Putin over to China. Perhaps the west can strike a deal with China. Putin for Taiwan. ;)
Maybe this is the beginning of a resolution. Chinese pragmatism telling Putin he's being a colossal knob.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:52 pm
I would first ask him what is he trying to achieve.
"I'm trying to create safe buffer zone of limitrofes, cause nato was a bitch and refused invite us to the partaaay (some dude named Derek says it's because we stink, but he forgets that Turkey snuck in somehow and nobody gave a single flying fish about it)."
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
"I'm trying to create safe buffer zone of limitrofes, cause nato was a bitch and refused invite us to the partaaay (some dude named Derek says it's because we stink, but he forgets that Turkey snuck in somehow)."
A safe buffer zone from what? Putin supported the Russian seperatists in Donbas. He stoked that conflict. Ukraine as it stood was created by sanction from Putin's predecessors. Russia has no right to be in an inch of Ukraine territory.
But we are where we are.
Slaughter and waste.
Don't keep throwiing this idea od a NATO threat around. NATO has only supported when rquested (and in a lot cases has refused the request for arms from Ukraine).
You and Putin are fooling nobody. Putin is the aggressor. Only his objectives are in question.
Is waging war in Europe a clever plan to be allowed into NATO? I think not. You're bloody lucky you're still in the UN.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:14 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:
"I'm trying to create safe buffer zone of limitrofes, cause nato was a bitch and refused invite us to the partaaay (some dude named Derek says it's because we stink, but he forgets that Turkey snuck in somehow)."
A safe buffer zone from what? Putin supported the Russian seperatists in Donbas. He stoked that conflict. Ukraine as it stood was created by sanction from Putin's predecessors. Russia has no right to be in an inch of Ukraine territory.
But we are where we are.
Slaughter and waste.
Don't keep throwiing this idea od a NATO threat around. NATO has only supported when rquested (and in a lot cases has refused the request for arms from Ukraine).
You and Putin are fooling nobody. Putin is the aggressor. Only his objectives are in question.
Is waging war in Europe a clever plan to be allowed into NATO? I think not. You're bloody lucky you're still in the UN.
Aggressor, aggressor...

Is there a big difference between Colin Powell holding up a vial containing "anthrax", Bill Clinton looking at notorious photo of massacre victim in Kosovo, the president reading reports about people burned down alive at Trade Unions Building in Odessa?

Where is the threshold, greenmark?
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
napshnap wrote:

But we are where we are.
Slaughter and waste.
Aggressor, aggressor...

Is there a big difference between Colin Powell holding up a vial containing "anthrax", Bill Clinton looking at notorious photo of massacre victim in Kosovo, the president reading reports about people burned down alive at Trade Unions Building in Odessa?

So you would support Saddam still being in power?
I don't understand your Kosovo reference.
Odessa was a spat. Stupid violent pointless but strategically irrelevent. You are grasping at straws to justify stupid brutailty. You're not fooling anyone.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 pm
napshnap wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:56 pm
greenmark wrote:

But we are where we are.
Slaughter and waste.
Aggressor, aggressor...

So you would support Saddam still being in power?
I don't understand your Kosovo reference.
Odessa was a spat. Stupid violent pointless but strategically irrelevent. You are grasping at straws to justify stupid brutailty. You're not fooling anyone.
I personaly dont care was it still saddam the dictator or maasdam the cheese.
I read that Clinton made a decision to get involved in conflict after seeing one awful photo. This was the last straw.
I don't justify anything, I'm trying to understand and rationalize narratives, add dimensions to the story.
napshnap

"...
Speaking in London on Monday, Minister of State for Defence Annabel Goldie said some of the ammunition for the Challenger 2 battle tanks that Britain is sending to Ukraine includes armour piercing rounds which contain depleted uranium."
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 023-03-21/

Fk some ruritania soil and water, fk tanks crew (who will inhale toxic dust)!!

But really fun thing is - it looks like Russia still supplies nuclear products to UK. Crazy stuff!
Derek27

If I got shot through the head, would I be in a worse state if the bullet was coated in depleted uranium? :lol:
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:14 pm
"...
Speaking in London on Monday, Minister of State for Defence Annabel Goldie said some of the ammunition for the Challenger 2 battle tanks that Britain is sending to Ukraine includes armour piercing rounds which contain depleted uranium."
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 023-03-21/

Fk some ruritania soil and water, fk tanks crew (who will inhale toxic dust)!!

But really fun thing is - it looks like Russia still supplies nuclear products to UK. Crazy stuff!
Does Russia supply nuclear products to the UK?
Derek27

Sooner or later, one of those Russian guards that do the high-kicking march before opening the doors for Putin will kick him in the nuts. :D
Archery1969

The UK confirmed it would provide Kyiv the armour-piercing-depleted-uranium shells alongside Challenger 2 tanks - but insisted they have a low risk of radiation.

Russia has now said, basically, gloves are off, if the UK sends depleted uranium shells to Ukraine. Its worth noting that the USA has said it would never send such shells to the battlefield in Europe.

My question here is, and I do flipping hate Putin, what the hell is the UK upto, provoking Putin into doing something rather stupid ?
Archery1969

Its well documented, in March 2022, a special convey of 35 miles, was hit and lost 2000 tanks, 67000 soldiers, 8000 missiles, 300000 shells, 1200000 small arms rounds. Plus logisitics. Russia lost famous tank regiments from the second wold war and 3000 spetsnaz special forces. Its the main reason the war or special operation has continued 12 months on. Thats allot of stuff to lose overnight. Only one country in the world could achieve on its own or help others achieve. Makes you wonder, on paper and in public NO but behind the scenes is the USA really, aleady at war with Putin and Russia ?
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:00 pm
Russia has now said, basically, gloves are off,
Putin actually said, "there will be consequences". He's been saying that for the last year but the only real consequences that arrive are the shit marks in his underpants.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:23 pm
Its well documented, in March 2022, a special convey of 35 miles, was hit and lost 2000 tanks, 67000 soldiers, 8000 missiles, 300000 shells, 1200000 small arms rounds. Plus logisitics. Russia lost famous tank regiments from the second wold war and 3000 spetsnaz special forces. Its the main reason the war or special operation has continued 12 months on. Thats allot of stuff to lose overnight. Only one country in the world could achieve on its own or help others achieve. Makes you wonder, on paper and in public NO but behind the scenes is the USA really, aleady at war with Putin and Russia ?
I mentioned earlier on this thread, that convoy was in disarray, no communication, inadequate maps, presumably no GPS, bogged down in the mud and they all made their way to the same road. The equipment failed as well, old shredded tyres caused it to ground to a halt. They have a leader who thinks he's god, even high-ranking commanders didn't have time to prepare because they were led to believe it was a training exercise, so it was always going to be a disaster.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:30 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:00 pm
Russia has now said, basically, gloves are off,
Putin actually said, "there will be consequences". He's been saying that for the last year but the only real consequences that arrive are the shit marks in his underpants.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”