Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:10 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:01 am
"Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov, on a diplomatic offensive in Egypt, has dismissed claims that Moscow caused the global food crisis. "

Liar.
You are afraid of a nuclear holocaust, so, think what would be first steps to start it? - justify it for masses by dehumanization (vilifying) you opponent (or whipping boy): hypocritical fashization - check, culprit of the global food crisis - check. What's next? "Russians are aliens in disguise! But not a handsome ones like E.T., more like Rancor ones."
I don't think being called a liar would be sufficient justification for a nuclear strike. Lavrov still denies there's a war going on in Ukraine. He's more than just a liar, he's suffering from severe mental delusions. :)
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:24 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:
"Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov, on a diplomatic offensive in Egypt, has dismissed claims that Moscow caused the global food crisis. "

Liar.
You are afraid of a nuclear holocaust, so, think what would be first steps to start it? - justify it for masses by dehumanization (vilifying) you opponent (or whipping boy): hypocritical fashization - check, culprit of the global food crisis - check. What's next? "Russians are aliens in disguise! But not a handsome ones like E.T., more like Rancor ones."
I don't think being called a liar would be sufficient justification for a nuclear strike. Lavrov still denies there's a war going on in Ukraine. He's more than just a liar, he's suffering from severe mental delusions. :)
These are first steps: liars, fascists, (now) starvers, nonprogressive (hurdle for the "progress", "they sabotage our green policy!", "they don't give their children drugs for gender change!"), uncivilized - not humans, vermins... And (parallel to this): "a nuclear winter is a bullshit!", "we totally can outgun them if we'll strike first!"
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
napshnap wrote:

These are first steps: liars, fascists, (now) starvers, nonprogressive (hurdle for the "progress", "they sabotage our green policy!", "they don't give their children drugs for gender change!"), uncivilized - not humans, vermins... And (parallel to this): "a nuclear winter is a bullshit!", "we totally can outgun them if we'll strike first!"
Cannabis is supposedly a gateway drug, the first step toward crack cocaine and heroin.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:43 pm
Cannabis is supposedly a gateway drug, the first step toward crack cocaine and heroin.
Cigarettes are more of a 'gateway drug' to cannabis than cannabis is to crack or heroin.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Liar.
"You are afraid of a nuclear holocaust" - Yes I am!

"vilifying) you opponent". We don't have to, Lavrov and Putin have done so by their own decisions. pronouncements.

""Russians are aliens in disguise". Nonsense.

But one point I will concede. Russia is using energy as a weapon in the same way as sanctions have been deployed against Russia.
But both are better than the worst alternative and nowhere near as good as the best alternative.

Remember that best alternative? We all try to get on and collaborate to deal with global problems.
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:43 pm
napshnap wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I prefer good ol shrooms (check out the avatar).
Archery1969

The US is sending another $179 million worth of HIMARS and Phoenix Ghost drones to Ukraine in the coming days via multiple different entry routes into the country.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:41 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Liar.
"You are afraid of a nuclear holocaust" - Yes I am!

"vilifying) you opponent". We don't have to, Lavrov and Putin have done so by their own decisions. pronouncements.

""Russians are aliens in disguise". Nonsense.

But one point I will concede. Russia is using energy as a weapon in the same way as sanctions have been deployed against Russia.
But both are better than the worst alternative and nowhere near as good as the best alternative.

Remember that best alternative? We all try to get on and collaborate to deal with global problems.
""vilifying) you opponent". We don't have to, Lavrov and Putin have done so by their own decisions. pronouncements."

I didn't hear them advertising a global starvation.

"But both are better than the worst alternative and nowhere near as good as the best alternative."

I agree, a robbery is much better than a murder.

"Remember that best alternative? We all try to get on and collaborate to deal with global problems."

I heard BRICS announced the creation of new reserve currency to avoid inadequates. So, the bigger part of humanity are movin in that direction. Hope that the luckiest part of humanity will stop making trouble out of nowhere (or will run out of hoops for the people) and join in.
greenmark

What's your ideal outcome for Ukraine/Russia and more widely Russia's realtionship with Nato/EU/UN?
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:48 pm
What's your ideal outcome for Ukraine/Russia and more widely Russia's realtionship with Nato/EU/UN?
The west and Russia create "de-escalation zone" "demilitarized zone" on the territory of limitrofes which Russia borders and seal it with official agreement (for both countries) to stop any military or political interference into limitrofes lives. And that's it, all Russia asks is to remove a burning bag of shit out of its doorstep.

While typing that I sadly realised how unlikely this scenario is, but you asked for an "ideal".
If only our politicians have (really working) reset buttons...
Last edited by napshnap on Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:30 pm
greenmark wrote:
The west and Russia create "de-escalation zone" "demilitarized zone" on the territory of limitrofes which Russia borders and seal it with official agreement (for both countries) to stop any military or political interference into limitrofes lives. And that's it, all Russia asks is to remove a burning bag of shit out of its doorstep.

While typing that I sadly realised how unlikely this scenario is, but you asked for an "ideal".
Russia's bordering the west, why doesn't Russia demilitarize? Putin is the only one who either threatens or invades.
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:50 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Russia's bordering the west, why doesn't Russia demilitarize? Putin is the only one who either threatens or invades.
Because in this world of "hungry jackals" there is militarized Russia or no Russia at all.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:54 pm
Derek27 wrote:
napshnap wrote:

Because there is militarized Russia or no Russia at all.
Possibly the saddest statement on here I've read. I'm so sorry you feel that way. Nato is not a threat to Russia.
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
napshnap wrote:

Because in this world of "hungry jackals" there is militarized Russia or no Russia at all.
The only country that wouldn't exist if it wasn't militarized is Ukraine, Putin would have just walked in.
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:02 pm
napshnap wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

The only country that wouldn't exist if it wasn't militarized is Ukraine, Putin would have just walked in.
Why didn't he "just walked in" in 2014? It was way way easy back then (their main force was kaput, they fought with sticks and shovels and the world didn't care what those crazy slavs do to each other), but he didn't (and he was heavily criticised for that by some circles).
Last edited by napshnap on Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chill Out Area”