Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:03 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:51 pm
I'm starting to think these type of threads should be in a separate part of the forum. I've 'contributed' myself to this and other similiar threads but they have nothing to do with trading.

My suggestion would be that only trading related topics show under 'new posts'.
It is in the chill out area. Ironically.
Remined this))

greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:08 pm
greenmark wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:51 pm
I'm starting to think these type of threads should be in a separate part of the forum. I've 'contributed' myself to this and other similiar threads but they have nothing to do with trading.

My suggestion would be that only trading related topics show under 'new posts'.
Remined this))

It seems to me that you see NATO as a threat. You're wrong.
Look inward. Putin's solution to the failed Russian sponsored violence in the Donbas in support of Russian seperatists was to wade in with the full might of Russia which has resulted in the killing of thousands Ukrainians and Russians and terrible destruction which will take years to repair.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:59 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Remined this))

Look inward. Putin's solution to the failed Russian sponsored violence in the Donbas in support of Russian seperatists was to wade in with the full might of Russia which has resulted in the killing of thousands Ukrainians and Russians and terrible destruction which will take years to repair.
It is not nato what bothers me, it is its military infrastructure near the country's borders.

You see them as "Russian seperatists", I see them as a part of once divided big family. If you dont understand that, then what if I'll say "Welsh or Scottish seperatists, N Ireland seperatists"?
Seems like you didn't watch John Pilger video I gave link to, so you don't know about pre-conflict 60,000 ua fighters concentration and the beginning of people of Donbas evacuation.

I think we should stop here. It won't get us anywhere. We just see things differently, from different media, historical, national interests angles.
Last edited by napshnap on Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:47 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:59 pm
napshnap wrote:

Remined this))

You see them as "Russian seperatists", I see them as a part of once divided big family. If you dont understand that, then what if I'll say "Welsh or Scottish seperatists, N Ireland seperatists"?
Seems like you didn't watch John Pilger video I gave link to, so you don't know about pre-conflict 60,000 ua fighters concentration and the beginning of people of Donbas evacuation.

I think we should stop here. It won't get us anywhere. We just see things differently, from different media, historical, national interests angles.
OK. Redrawing borders could transform Europe - way beyond the USSR, Nazi Germany, Austro-Hunagarian Empire, Prussia, the Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire.
It's all historical crap that should not result in people being killed. Surely, in the 21st century we are better than this.
It's medieval, brutal but most of all wasteful of the greatest resource we have - life.
And I agree we should stop here but I still hope events will lead us both to the same place and we can agree. I wish you well.
napshnap

Alright, greenmark. At least you and I agree that the sooner this conflict will be de-escalated the better. I wish you well too.
Derek27

WTF is Turkey doing helping Putin? Whose side are they on?
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:25 am
Turkey has always been dodgy. They pissed off they cant join the European Union.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Possibly to do with energy. Russia has a large footprint in Iraq producing Oil & Gas which Turkey relies on and is exported overland through Kurdistan. Likewise, the Iranians provide Turkey with a simillar service.
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Realpolitik + pan-turkism.
Archery1969

Russia confirms its war aims past east Ukraine.

Won’t be long and we all be at war.
Trader Pat

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:00 pm
Russia confirms its war aims past east Ukraine.

Won’t be long and we all be at war.
Not me I'm a pacifist...

As in when all the men are at war I'll stay behind and help pacify the women
Derek27

The CIA and MI6 have dismissed reports that Putin's in poor health!
greenmark

"Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov, on a diplomatic offensive in Egypt, has dismissed claims that Moscow caused the global food crisis. "

Liar.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:01 am
"Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov, on a diplomatic offensive in Egypt, has dismissed claims that Moscow caused the global food crisis. "

Liar.
Talking of liars, Russia has shown footage of the bomb attack on the Odesa port claiming it was a military target, but at the same time denies having anything to do with the attack on Odesa. A Ukrainian official called Putin a 24/7 liar, but unfortunately, we have a politician who matches that description. :)
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:01 am

Liar.
You are afraid of a nuclear holocaust, so, think what would be first steps to start it? - justify it for masses by dehumanization (vilifying) you opponent (or whipping boy): hypocritical fashization - check, culprit of the global food crisis - check. What's next? "Russians are aliens in disguise! But not a handsome ones like E.T., more like Rancor ones."

Return to “Chill Out Area”