Hobbys

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
ShaunWhite

Soup, jigsaws, sheds and exercise. :roll: ...... This isn't exactly a great advert for the jetsetting hedonistic lifestyle of a successful trader. Perhaps a life lived vicariously, watching other people do exciting things everyday, is enough?

It's not a new theory......
We know from endocrinology that our hormones engage when watching sports, as they do in the presence of any competition: testosterone, adrenaline, cortisol, and oxytocin are all active in fans.

And articles like this, "Our brain on sports"
.. https://grantland.com/features/this-your-brain-sports/

I've looked into this before to try and understand why I'm not interested in sports to the same extent as some people are when it might help a bit with the job. I was trying to learn how to be more interested.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:53 pm
Soup, jigsaws, sheds and exercise. :roll: ...... This isn't exactly a great advert for the jetsetting hedonistic lifestyle of a successful trader. Perhaps a life lived vicariously, watching other people do exciting things everyday, is enough?

It's not a new theory......
We know from endocrinology that our hormones engage when watching sports, as they do in the presence of any competition: testosterone, adrenaline, cortisol, and oxytocin are all active in fans.

And articles like this, "Our brain on sports"
.. https://grantland.com/features/this-your-brain-sports/

I've looked into this before to try and understand why I'm not interested in sports to the same extent as some people are when it might help a bit with the job.
Yup, why do you think I tell so many jokes when trading etc

To crack myself up... Because trading is, ultimately, boring

It does get exciting at times with good markets around, but humour clearly seems to be my copium

The one benefit I noticed is that it makes accepting losses overall that much easier, while the main drawback is that you can annoy everyone around you :lol:
ShaunWhite

"copium" :D
ODPaul82

Music production (trance, techno, hard house) had a few bits released but nothing to be major proud of, definitely no big labels.
Movies
Walking
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:14 pm
"copium" :D
Just one of those new millennial words, a very fitting amalgamation of the words 'cope' and 'opium' I think :)

Copium (Internet slang, neologism, derogatory, humorous) A fictional or metaphorical opiate taken in order to cope when one is faced with loss.
goat68

My hobby is automated trading !

I do also enjoy running and cycling
Emmson

One of my new hobbies is watching the tide come in up close, its hard to explain without sounding soft in the head but I find it brings an unusual tranquillity.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:46 pm
One of my new hobbies is watching the tide come in up close, its hard to explain without sounding soft in the head but I find it brings an unusual tranquillity.
I wouldn't say you're totally insane. Many people go to bed to the sound of waves hitting the shore or rain landing on the roof and distant thunder. You can even download the mp3s. One of the things I miss about my old studio flat (in the attic) is the sound of rain at night.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:46 pm
Good for you.
There's nothing "soft in the head" about having self-awareness and an appreciation of beauty, nature and you're place in it. I'm not sure when the mark of a "man" became the scratches on his knuckles or pride in being brutish or insensitive? I don't think you need to be apologetic for not being a Neanderthal or care what a few people who are insecure about their masculinity think.
Crazyskier

The plural of 'hobby' is 'hobbies'.

You wouldn't change would it would you please Michael - my OCD is playing up everyone time I read the forum.

Personally, I enjoy F1 and golf in the summer and skiing in winter.

Thanks in advance,

CS
weemac

Typing random letters into the Youtube search box makes for a serendipitous pastime.
Michael5482

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:30 pm
The plural of 'hobby' is 'hobbies'.

You wouldn't change would it would you please Michael - my OCD is playing up everyone time I read the forum.

Personally, I enjoy F1 and golf in the summer and skiing in winter.

Thanks in advance,

CS
My OCD doesn't stretch to spelling but I feel you pain. No issue at all changing it but I've looked and have no idea how to change it!
Derek27

I don't think you can change a topic title and moderators charge a £20 admin fee for doing so. ;)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:31 pm
I don't think you can change a topic title and moderators charge a £20 admin fee for doing so. ;)
You can't change the title, just the topic ;)
ShaunWhite

My favourite hobbys.
Screenshot_20230213_180351_Google.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chill Out Area”