How does Dallas know EVERYTHING???

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jimibt

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:05 am
Slightly off topic, but Dallas mentioned he started 14 years after Bet Angel was released but wondered if Peter or the team have any screenshots, videos or marketing material for the very first version of Bet Angel?

Would be interesting to see what it looked like.

Iambic
just use the waybackmachine (https://web.archive.org/):

https://web.archive.org/web/20060209094 ... BA/bap.htm

seems BA was then under Optic??
iambic_pentameter

Hi Jimibt,

Good man - thanks for this.

Cheers,

Iambic
Anbell

Dallas is incredible for his knowledge of the software, obviously, but his other superpower is that he is always more polite than the rest of us, and never gets frustrated with a newbie, or a troll, and never gets in the mud with a pig.
ForFolksSake

Fugazi wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:47 pm
Many thanks for the reply Dallas. I'm heading back to the manual this week as there are still gaps in my knowledge particularly with servants as they are something I have never had much interest in but can probably get a lot of benefit out of once I understand them
still gaps in my knowledge particularly with servants
Yes, you are definitely missing a trick
Servants allow you to analyse data and invent/test as many strategies as you can think of ;)
Last edited by ForFolksSake on Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ODPaul82

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:15 am

seems BA was then under Optic??
That was the parent name back then for the overall company that the software was run under, my first years subscription which I still have receipt for was a year after Dallas.
Note the cost now is exactly the same as it was all those years ago

I've also kept the sole email Peter ever sent me where I offered up Excel/VBA help on the forum. I'm still awaiting the multiple kisses for the tranche of tennis data I shared last year though.
I do try and give back to the community myself certainly not to the extent that Dallas does, and I know I come across like a prick frequently (alcohol and down-time from tennis answers a lot to that).
Feel we all in a way give back to the community by assisting though, there is a community spirit here albeit fractured at points but what friendship/relationship isn't at points.
optic.PNG
pw email.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

this was guardian 15 years ago (I have stolen this from an old youtube video)
old guardian.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

sorry for yet another post, one of the things I really remember back from then was you could not see market depth past the 3 current market prices either side of the book.
Say for example you'd see something at odds of 3, the you could see 3.15, 3.1, 3.05 3, 2.98, 2.96 & 2.94 and nothing else, you wouldn't know what volume there was to match elsewhere on the ladder
Kai

ODPaul82 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:15 pm
I know I come across like a prick frequently (alcohol and down-time from tennis answers a lot to that).
Nah you're good ;)

As a fellow fan of deadpan humour I would be amazed if anyone's meticulously keeping a book of grudges

If you can't be yourself around like-minded individuals what's even the point 🤷‍♂️
conduirez

Kai wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:48 am
ODPaul82 wrote:
I know I come across like a prick frequently (alcohol and down-time from tennis answers a lot to that).
Nah you're good ;)

As a fellow fan of deadpan humour I would be amazed if anyone's meticulously keeping a book of grudges

If you can't be yourself around like-minded individuals what's even the point 🤷‍♂️
My downfall as well is one or two too many glasses of Smirnoff, or a bad days trading, it makes me come across as a prick as well.
Fugazi

conduirez wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:12 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:48 am
ODPaul82 wrote:
Nah you're good ;)

My downfall as well is one or two too many glasses of Smirnoff, or a bad days trading, it makes me come across as a prick as well.
Smirnoff yuck.

Ciroc berry? Yum.
Euler

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Slightly off topic, but Dallas mentioned he started 14 years after Bet Angel was released but wondered if Peter or the team have any screenshots, videos or marketing material for the very first version of Bet Angel?

Iambic
I have some old stuff somewhere, but can't immediately find it. Will have another look with a fresher mind and see if I can locate it.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:28 pm
iambic_pentameter wrote:

Iambic
I have some old stuff somewhere, but can't immediately find it. Will have another look with a fresher mind and see if I can locate it.
That would be interesting to see.
I joined Bet Angel in 2008. I've probably forgotten what it looked like

One of the things you didn't have then, which I suspect everybody uses, especially with automation......was the introduction of a volume column in Guardian. That one addition alone was a huge upgrade on the software for most traders

Return to “Chill Out Area”