Stuff to watch

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Emmson wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:54 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:44 pm
This isn't stuff to watch, its just the latest example of people reporting someone else's personal tragedy as some sort of morbid entertainment.
Shaun is reprimanding me there and is certain he knows what is in my head :roll: well he is 100% wrong if he believes I viewed that as entertainment. Martina Navratilova brought it to me via her twit and then I brought it here, sunlight on America's gun problem is not unethical.

On the other hand it probably is too heavy for this thread so will edit it out. :|

PS Running tired of this place, too many enjoy throwing their supercillious darts out of the shadows. Saw that in cricket threads (which can & now will die) and seeing it other places.
I get it, chief! It is actually an appalling endictment of modern life.
The view that a gun is a 'solution' to a neighbourhood/familial dispute almost moves me to tears.
It is such an inappropriate use of lethal force that it beggars belief.
Quite how the killer's attorneys can be claiming self defence staggers me.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
This isn't stuff to watch, its just the latest example of people reporting someone else's personal tragedy as some sort of morbid entertainment.
I didn't view it like that, if I did I wouldn't have responded to it.

To me Emmson was highlighting it rather than posting it as something we can all rubberneck at.
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
I didn't view it like that, if I did I wouldn't have responded to it.

To me Emmson was highlighting it rather than posting it as something we can all rubberneck at.
Me neither but maybe because it was on Twatter and not a news feed people make up there mind etc.

The video probably helped a conviction etc.
ShaunWhite

Genuinely don't care what anyone watches, just my usual uninvited opinionated claptrap...I just thought it wasn't in the spirit of the thread really. Maybe we need a trash TV/social weirdness thread.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 pm
Genuinely don't care what anyone watches, just my usual uninvited opinionated claptrap...I just thought it wasn't in the spirit of the thread really. Maybe we need a trash TV/social weirdness thread.
That could get very ugly, very quickly! :)
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 pm
Shaun, your post's are things I always look at. Intelligence, insight, humility are all things I have come to expect from you.
I think Emmson has pointed to something quite important here. The resort to lethal force, as though fetching some ant killer, over a 'domestic' is to me really quite shocking and worthy of discussion by clever people like yourself.
Emmson

Reservoir Nans ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDC

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:27 am
Another listen rather than watch, haven't heard it yet but it might be interesting.

Screenshot_34.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. Should be a good listen.

A podcast I liked was the BBC's Missing Crypto Queen. 9 episodes each about 40 minutes in length all about Dr Ruja Ignatova and OneCoin, one of the biggest scams the world has ever seen and linked to horse racing via Phoenix Thoroughbreds.

As for the Twitter clip, I agree not really in the spirit of this thread, a warning about what the link was linking to would have been good. Thankfully I closed it before anything was really shown.
Kai

The more bystanders are present, the less likely someone is going to help a person in distress. But why the hell is everyone pulling out their phones instantly, to post it on their boring Instagram account later?? "OMG just saw a man drown and nobody helped. TRAGIC! Like if you agree!"

The fact we're living in a society where clips of people dying are nonchalantly shared and then casually commented or joked about is disturbing enough SMH.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:34 am

The more bystanders are present, the less likely someone is going to help a person in distress. But why the hell is everyone pulling out their phones instantly, to post it on their boring Instagram account later?? "OMG just saw a man drown and nobody helped. TRAGIC! Like if you agree!"

The fact we're living in a society where clips of people dying are nonchalantly shared and then casually commented or joked about is disturbing enough SMH.
I used to have friends that were into video clips of people dying. They showed me one where a guy was sliced in half at the waist following an accident (didn't see the accident) and lying on the pavement. Okay, he was beyond help but believe it or not he was still conscious and looking around. Nobody tried to comfort him, they just stood filming it. Then one idiot placed a chocolate bar on his chest. Sick!
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:47 am
I used to have friends that were into video clips of people dying. They showed me one where a guy was sliced in half at the waist following an accident (didn't see the accident) and lying on the pavement. Okay, he was beyond help but believe it or not he was still conscious and looking around. Nobody tried to comfort him, they just stood filming it. Then one idiot placed a chocolate bar on his chest. Sick!
There was a forum on Reddit called r/WatchPeopleDie until they banned it. Reddit has a lot of controversial and messed up communities.
Trader Pat

Here's something to try and restore some balance

https://youtu.be/LXb3EKWsInQ
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:31 pm
Here's something to try and restore some balance

https://youtu.be/LXb3EKWsInQ
Absolutely beautiful!
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:31 pm