Stuff to watch

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:06 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:02 pm
This England

The long anticipated 5 part drama based on what when on inside govt as covid-19 hit begins on 21st Sept on Sky Atlantic

Bit of a odd name, I'm quite sure someone must have been able to come up with something better than that or even just left it with it's original title
I've seen the trailer, absolutely amazing likeness for Johnson, Sunak and Cummings. I just hope there's no shagging in it, that's the last thing we want to see!
Don't have Atlantic sadly. I imagine its going to be fairly uncomplimentary about the protagonists.
Read John of Gaunt's speech from Rchard II (from which both titles came) and you'll see what I mean.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:25 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:06 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:02 pm
This England

The long anticipated 5 part drama based on what when on inside govt as covid-19 hit begins on 21st Sept on Sky Atlantic

Bit of a odd name, I'm quite sure someone must have been able to come up with something better than that or even just left it with it's original title
I've seen the trailer, absolutely amazing likeness for Johnson, Sunak and Cummings. I just hope there's no shagging in it, that's the last thing we want to see!
Don't have Atlantic sadly. I imagine its going to be fairly uncomplimentary about the protagonists.
Read John of Gaunt's speech from Rchard II (from which both titles came) and you'll see what I mean.
I've just had a look. It's not available on Virgin. Not that I'm bothered, we've seen and heard enough of these gits.
Kai

Bite-sized philosophy clips from Jordan Peterson about critical thinking. "Writing is formalized thinking. First, you need a problem..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0vUsxhMczI

https://youtu.be/ttbKfWLcjt8?t=43
Kai

The philosophy and history of cynicism explained in 5 minutes : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utzym1I_BiY
Kai

Making errors 15% of the time is the ideal failure rate for Optimal Learning : 4min video by Andrew Huberman
jamesg46

Watched Horsepower on Prime the other night… what a great watch & highly recommend.
Kai

Quite possibly the best intro in television history : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfokPqeSNcw
Dublin_Flyer

The Welcome to Wrexham series about Deadpool guy and Mac from It's Always Sunny taking over Wrexham is one of the most watchable things I've seen in a long time. The interviews with players/staff/locals give it a real everyday man/rags to better rags but not riches type of vibe.

Seriously thinking of adopting them as my 2nd team, it's only 20ish miles from Liverpool which is an hours flight from Dublin, plus duty free smokes in the airports and flights so it'd pay for itself with the tax I'm saving on smokes! :)
WelshMage

I binged watched This is England last week. Very good indeed. Get to see how Cummings was finally caught out with his lies about visiting that castle when he should have been in London.

I'd recommend it.

:P
Kai

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:33 pm
It's Always Sunny
Just seen the last season recently, hard to believe they're still going strong :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22O6Nmjt-mw
Archangel

Anyone watching the Dahmer series on Netflix ?
WelshMage

Speaking of stuff to watch. As I am a Spurs fan, I am watching the Spurs game live on BT Sport. The clock said 53 mins played on my tv which I have no doubt is correct. But the one click screen says 47 mins played.

How can the BA timer clock for an event be wrong??????
Derek27

WelshMage wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:17 pm
Speaking of stuff to watch. As I am a Spurs fan, I am watching the Spurs game live on BT Sport. The clock said 53 mins played on my tv which I have no doubt is correct. But the one click screen says 47 mins played.

How can the BA timer clock for an event be wrong??????
Did you switch to the market before the game started?

If you navigated to the market 5 minutes into the match and it wasn't already in Guardian, that may explain the time difference.
WelshMage

Ah, thanks Derek, that's probably what happened.
Euler

Return to “Chill Out Area”