Anyone read any good books?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Michael5482

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 08.42.34.png
Just finished The Four Kings for anyone into boxing. Older book but came across it on the shelf in Waterstones. Great era of boxing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:46 am

Just finished The Four Kings for anyone into boxing. Older book but came across it on the shelf in Waterstones. Great era of boxing
Not a book, but one of my favourite sports writers. This is Hugh Mcilvanney's piece in the aftermath of the Ali v Foreman " rumble in the jungle".
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... the-jungle
Michael5482

greenmark wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:09 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:46 am

Not a book, but one of my favourite sports writers. This is Hugh Mcilvanney's piece in the aftermath of the Ali v Foreman " rumble in the jungle".
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... the-jungle
Thanks a good little read
jamesg46

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

A SUPERB resource in my opinion for book lovers is OpenLibrary.org as its Free To Use

Clearly Euler's book is not available to borrow on OpenLibrary.org as it hasn't even been published yet :D

My current 2 borrows are (borrows from 1 hour - 14 days)
megarain

There are 5 books in the series .. A good thief’s guide to xxxx, by Chris Ewan and the audio version on audible adds about 20% to the original work.

It’s just delightful. Save them for particularly trying days.
ShaunWhite

Not quite in the discount bin at $17,500 :shock: but interesting for well-heeled collectors of gambling related books.

https://www.sophiararebooks.com/pages/b ... ts-in-play

It's hard to imagine that in just 300yrs mankind has advanced to the point that we now have Trading In The Zone :roll:
WelshMage

trading in the zone is a must read for all traders even though it's nothing to do with sports trading. It helped me with the psychology of trading; it stopped me getting out of trades too early and panicking. It is essentially about self-belief once you've done your research.

Recommended.

Away from trading, Angela Marsons' detective series of books are great. DI Kim Stone is the main character. I read 16 of them one after the other. The 17th is out in November!
Crazyskier

Away from trading, I've recently gotten into Joe Abercrombie's 'First Law' series of books. Really left-field fantasy themes and very different to Tolkien, Feist, Martin, et al. Highly recommended if you have some time for beautifully-detailed escapism.

CS
Mastermind

Hi everyone,

I´ve read this post yesterday evening and get some interesting book ideas from the Peters and all the others. Thanks for this. But what I have missed, and as I´ve said I for myself am coming from the stock markets, is this one ..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reminiscences- ... C69&sr=8-6

A must-read classic .. I´ve read it ten times I think ... all 2 or three years once ... and I still find pages which I read twice to think about it or catch myself under the shower thinking a thought after a page I´ve read which I´ve not thought the times reading it before.

It´s an absolutely timeless read and finding yourself starting to think about trading as a young boy standing on a ladder and writing with chalk share prices at a backboard before the first world war is absolutely mindblowing. I´ve read it end of the eighties the first time during I started to work at a bank .. and yes .. it addicted me for the rest of my life. I am a trading idiot. I am a trader and nothing else, some say I cannot do proper anything else. And maybe in some cases they are right. A little bit undiagnosed autism should have also to do a little bit with this.

My way and Peters way have some similarities, espacially in the beginning. Including if some one asked me what I do for living, the latest version was to say "I am something like a journalist" .. because I really don´t want everytime on the middle of a stairway all talks stopped and then to discuss with all people all the nonsense which people are thinking about things they not even slightly understand.

So that book is recommendation number one. Espacially in the point with the "bucket shops" in this time, because its nothing else then the bookie shops now.

This book about the life and thoughts of Jesse Livermore, one of the greatest traders on Wall Street during the first half of the last century, is a great and in my case very helpful read.
motorhead

thanks for the suggestion.
Kai

Found my next book... "The Stoic Mind" by Addy Osmani, a whizz-kid Google engineer!

It's not often I say that, and it's not really a book either, it's more of a visual guide.

The only books I have ever read were "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" back in high school, due to peer pressure.

This is completely free on Google Play, Apple Books etc. I'm being peer pressured again so this one must be incredible!

Return to “Chill Out Area”