Excel Advice

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
thecaptain

All

I am using BetAngel to place straight set and forget lay bets due to the number of bets I place each day, as it is faster than using Betfair directly. I pick my games in the morning using my own criteria, which as an example could be lay price between 3 & 5 on half time score. I then look at the game 5 minutes before kick off and if the criteria is met I place the lay bet.

I have been having a play with guardian automation and have managed to work out how to automate this process which is good. Ultimately I would prefer to use an excel sheet to link with Betangel instead as this would be much simpler for me long term.

Therefore, my question is, can I do the same from a spreadsheet as I can from guardian automation. ie 5 minutes from KO, check the lay price is between 3 & 5 and if so place bet at best market price?

Many thanks for any assistance.
Euler

You can do pretty much anything from Excel. Automation is a simplified version of the sort of stuff you can do in Excel. You would probably using an IF statement to trigger around certain conditions in Excel.
thecaptain

Many thanks for this.

So would it be possible to have a sheet where I could paste in say 20 games and it would place a bet if any of them meet the criteria (eg lay best market price if Half Time 1-1 lay market price between 3 & 5 with 5 mins to kick off) ie what I'm getting at is do I need to have a sheet for each game or would one sheet suffice?

Many thanks
probro

I am not familiar with football markets but as I know you have to make sheets for every market you want to monitor or automate. So if you want to watch 20 football markets you will need 20 sheets inside the one excel file.

But of course you can direct all the data into 1 sheet from the other sheets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”