Excel - fix order market

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Khloec

Is there a way to fix the order of the market in excel so when betfair decides to update the positioning it doesn't cause havoc with any code written say in VB.
I could possibly rewrite what i have done and search on that first column for names etc and take form there but if there an easier method, settings/lock columns i would much prefer to do!
nigelk

If you've copied a list of the runners into another sheet, you can always use the 'Match' function to get the row number, and the Vlookup to get the price.
No matter where Poets Society appears on the Bet Angel sheet, it will always point to the correct row, so even if it moves to the end of the list, the correct row number will be returned.

If you want to back Poets Society, for example, in vba i would write something like:

RowNum=sheets("Sheet2").Range("B2")
Sheets("Bet Angel").cells(RowNum,12)="Back"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mandymoozle

I have a related question. I use vlookups in guardian to feed the pricing data for each horse back to some rules in another sheet and that works fine in terms of making sure the pricing for the right horse is updated regardless of whether betfair moves the order.

the problem is if a bet goes on for a horse and then they move the order guardian doesnt realise i have already bet on that horse and if it passed the bet rule requirement the first time, unless price has changed a lot very quickly, it will pass the second time as well. eg the attached screenshot shows two bets on black medick two minutes apart. ie in that two minutes black medwick moved from row 19 to row 21 and i bet on it in both rows.

This didnt use to be a problem for me as i bet 10 minutes from the off and the betfair order didnt seem to change. I am now betting 30 minutes from the off and it does change. So two questions please 1) is there a set time when betfair stops moving the order around and 2) is there a way to block making the same bet twice ?

Any thoughts most appreciated
Cheers
Rhys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sa7med

mandymoozle wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:02 am
I have a related question. I use vlookups in guardian to feed the pricing data for each horse back to some rules in another sheet and that works fine in terms of making sure the pricing for the right horse is updated regardless of whether betfair moves the order.

the problem is if a bet goes on for a horse and then they move the order guardian doesnt realise i have already bet on that horse and if it passed the bet rule requirement the first time, unless price has changed a lot very quickly, it will pass the second time as well. eg the attached screenshot shows two bets on black medick two minutes apart. ie in that two minutes black medwick moved from row 19 to row 21 and i bet on it in both rows.

This didnt use to be a problem for me as i bet 10 minutes from the off and the betfair order didnt seem to change. I am now betting 30 minutes from the off and it does change. So two questions please 1) is there a set time when betfair stops moving the order around and 2) is there a way to block making the same bet twice ?

Any thoughts most appreciated
Cheers
Rhys
Hi,

You can set a condition to check the matched/unmatched bets area of the sheet before making a bet IE

If(AND(T10="",AA10 = ""), "BACK", "")

or for a lay bet : If(AND(W10="",AD10=""),"LAY","")
CallumPerry

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on HOW exactly does BetFair order each selection (specifically in Excel please). Is there an option inside of BA itself to freeze the order so my VBA doesn't have to do so much or, even more beneficial but I really doubt this will be a thing, the selections are ranked in excel in order of favouritism and this setting is highly reliable, even when odds cross each other (1st becomes 2nd favourite) and will always work without several lines of my own code having to be implemented :D :D

...I think I already know what kind of answers I'm going to get with that last part as I know the info comes directly from BetFair but here's hoping. As detailed of an answer as you can supply please or links to the specific part(s) of the user guide I'm being too dumb to find would really be appreciated!

Thank you in advance :)
Jonathan

All,

Quick question please, I have picked up the bet angel multiple and single spreadsheet from templates and I cnnot get either of them to place any beuts. The API is working but the commands are not working. i.e. the spreasheet is populated, the triggers work but the bets are not placing. Is anyone else having this issue
asahenettleton

Does anyone know what is going on with the order of horses in markets at Fairy at 18:10 this evening? The orders differ between markets AND are not connected to the odds within each market, at least in the markets that I have checked. That does a number on Excel spreadsheet usage if one hasn't managed to implement the tips mentioned earlier.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”