EXCEL LAY TO A FIXED STAKE

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
wellbrock13

Hi, with the BA excel spreadsheet is it possible to place a lay bet at a fixed stake only instead of a liability? I want to lay multiple horses in a race all at a fixed stake of $5.
Cheers.
Dallas

It will lay to a fixed stake by default
wellbrock13

Hi Dallas,
Currently I'm testing in practice mode and I have a $5 stake in the N column of the spreadsheet. I'm placing a lay bet at $1.01 and taking SP. When the race goes in play my bet stake profit if the horse loses is only ~$0.05. I thought if it was a fixed stake then my profit would be $5. Am I doing something wrong?
jamesg46

Try laying to a liability of $5 - you seem to be doing it backwards. What you need to know is how to lay to a liability using the spreadsheet. If you're laying at 1.01 try a stake of $500 that is a liability of $5.
wellbrock13

Hi jamesg46, my system is to lay a selection that has a price >$31 5 seconds before jump time, placing the lay bet at low odds so I don't get matched and take SP 2 seconds before jump time. This means I will be laying long shot horses at varying BSP prices. All my back testing is based on laying at a fixed stake. Is it possible to lay at a fixed stake or will it always be at a liability?
Anbell

wellbrock13 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:16 am
Hi jamesg46, my system is to lay a selection that has a price >$31 5 seconds before jump time, placing the lay bet at low odds so I don't get matched and take SP 2 seconds before jump time. This means I will be laying long shot horses at varying BSP prices. All my back testing is based on laying at a fixed stake. Is it possible to lay at a fixed stake or will it always be at a liability?
BSP is always by liability.
wellbrock13

Are okay, cheers.
Would you know how to write a formula to workout the stake required on the basis that the projected BPS is >$31, 5 seconds before jump time to achieve a $5 profit if the horse loses? I have the projected BSP in column AG.
Thanks a lot for your help so far!
Anbell

wellbrock13 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:26 am
Are okay, cheers.
Would you know how to write a formula to workout the stake required on the basis that the projected BPS is >$31, 5 seconds before jump time to achieve a $5 profit if the horse loses? I have the projected BSP in column AG.
Thanks a lot for your help so far!
=5*(AG-1)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”