CSV file in excel sort by date ? Help needed

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
beermonsterman

Hi can any one help me here
I download a CSV file every day with all the days racing on but what I've been trying to do is separate each race so when I scroll to the end of the sheet columns I know what group of data is in each race
I would like to either separate with a blank row or highlight each race by highlighting the hole race data with a colour
I will then look to set up an Macro to do it all in one press
some thing like this but i cannot get excel to recognise the dates as rows of data just the column I hope I make sense
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

I can't see the 1st image you posted but in the other two have dates in the form & weight categories?

I'd be tempted to use power query to load in the CSV and use its features manage the data into a shape you want (although it looks like the CSV itself has issues?).

There's lots of vids on youtube showing ways to manipulate data to get it into the shape you want using power query..
beermonsterman

deestar wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 am
This might help

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/154 ... up-of-data
Great stuff copy and pasted some VBA their worked a treat thank you
beermonsterman

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:44 am
I can't see the 1st image you posted but in the other two have dates in the form & weight categories?

I'd be tempted to use power query to load in the CSV and use its features manage the data into a shape you want (although it looks like the CSV itself has issues?).

There's lots of vids on youtube showing ways to manipulate data to get it into the shape you want using power query..
Thank you
beermonsterman

beermonsterman wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:42 am
sionascaig wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:44 am

Thank you
you was spot their i had deleted some columns messing about so was all out of shape

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”