Odds Recording

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
christian0234

HI, I have been recording a few odds from horses and football, nothing too heavy. But if I wanted to record more than 1 race or match at the same time etc and connect multiple spreadsheets to multiple games in Guardian, do I run the risk of Betfair closing my account? or if I am running Betangel on 2 computers in separate instances and recording data, would this also be frowned on? I do places bets / trades, but not always on the markets being recorded. I use a refresh of around 1 sec. Thanks Chris.
ODPaul82

As long as you're placing bets it shouldn't be an issue imho
christian0234

How do i check this officially with Bet Angel, do I need to raise a support ticket. I need to know clearly if there is a risk to my account. Thanks
ODPaul82

You're asking on a public forum, if you want official stance then ask betfair. Even better maybe read the manual as this is taken straight from it

"Note that continued use of practice mode for prolonged periods may result in Betfair account suspension or restriction due to the similarities this raises with commercial use. To avoid this keep your betfair account funded and place a real bet every so often. A 'restricted' account will have no matched volume information and will be given delayed price information by betfair."
christian0234

Ok keep your whig on, you seem a bit defensive over it. I'm only asking a question, I thought that was what a forum is for? - Public or not, or have I missed the point of them. Its not Betfair's responsibility to ensure a 3rd part application connecting to their API is programmed to stay within tolerances. I am not using practice mode. I always use live mode. I pay my money to Bet Angel, not Betfair, so why would Betfair care?
to75ne

christian0234 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:37 pm
Ok keep your whig on, you seem a bit defensive over it. I'm only asking a question, I thought that was what a forum is for? - Public or not, or have I missed the point of them. Its not Betfair's responsibility to ensure a 3rd part application connecting to their API is programmed to stay within tolerances. I am not using practice mode. I always use live mode. I pay my money to Bet Angel, not Betfair, so why would Betfair care?
because your using their resources.
christian0234

yes I am using Betfair's resources, but via a 3rd party application, who have a 'duty of care', I would suggest to its users to ensure that their platform does not result in restrictions. I was asking specifically if I am more at risk of restriction if using Multiple instances of Bet angel or connecting multiple spreadsheets in Guardian. seems like its a sore point with some, for some reason.
to75ne

if you never place any bets, or only small ones (possibly loads of em) below the minimum allowed they will cop the ache with you; their machine/exhange is using resource to process your bets, but they are making sweet FA from you .
ShaunWhite

christian0234 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:37 pm
Betfair set the usage terms. And 3rd party vendors can't assure compliance because the algo Betfair use to determine fair usage isn't publicised and may vary depending on the customer (if it was known it could be avoided) As long as you're generating an income for Betfair, by way of commission, that reasonably covers the cost of servicing your account then you won't have a problem. Generally it's the number of connections to their server that's significant rather than the data you've requested on a connection. Collecting data on all markets for a given sport isn't a problem, but running that on 10 instances of BA, each with their own api connection might be.

If you did want to clarify this with Betfair then it would be best to just refer to time being connected to them rather than what you're doing with the data, ie harvesting it.
christian0234

Ok thanks, That makes more sense.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”