Account balance not updating at cell C6

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
foxwood

I'm running Guardian linked to Excel and just noticed that the balance shown at 'Bet Angel'!C6 doesn't update and I'm probably being stupid here but can't find a way to make it refresh automatically.

Never noticed this before and I used to run some automation that used that number as part of it's processing so it worked once upon a time.

The balance that is shown at bottom right of one-click is also not updating. No market has been opened on the one-click screen.

If I click the "refresh balance" on the one-click screen it does refresh and then that value also appears in Excel so presumably the one-click screen balance is the one fed to Excel.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing to make the one-click balance auto refresh without any market selected in one-click ?
Headless Chuck

Just going through yesterday's Excel and noticed the same thing. Not a problem as the balance is irrelevant to my trading; just something I don't think I've seen before.
isobelo

Does anyone have an answer to this issue?
ODPaul82

Not an issue for me, takes a few seconds for it to update if I trigger a bet through the Betfair UI.

Off the top of the head the only thing that I can think of that would stop it happening would be if you've triggered Application.ScreenUpdating = False in your code and not turned it back on.
foxwood

UPDATE

I've since noticed that it does update in Excel if "auto switch" is ticked causing a market to appear on the one-click screen.

Previously I was just running the automation in background with no market on one-click.

Think this counts as a bug if the only way to update the balance is to ensure the one-click is active ?
ODPaul82

foxwood wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:57 pm
UPDATE

I've since noticed that it does update in Excel if "auto switch" is ticked causing a market to appear on the one-click screen.

Previously I was just running the automation in background with no market on one-click.

Think this counts as a bug if the only way to update the balance is to ensure the one-click is active ?
Autoswitch isn't ticked on my setup and my balance refreshes albeit after a few seconds
What is your refresh rate set at in guardian and in the main app and how many markets do you have loaded at any one time
foxwood

ODPaul82 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:49 pm
Autoswitch isn't ticked on my setup and my balance refreshes albeit after a few seconds
What is your refresh rate set at in guardian and in the main app and how many markets do you have loaded at any one time
Interesting thought - might be something in that.

This was on UK dogs, so say 120 markets to make the maths easy at 500ms in Guardian and 250ms on main app.

Main app takes precedence which explains why it should/does work with autoswitch set.

It would take 1 minute if going round all markets at start of day and in the original case I think that was with the market only open for refresh for about 40 secs - so it could have missed if all markets were being polled.

But with refresh limited to start 1 minute before and finish at time 0 should only ever be at most 2 markets active ie if two had same start times.

I thought Guardian only processed markets while alive ie within their refresh time. That would mean in my case really only 1 active market at a time. However, if is constantly polling markets even if outside of refresh time then that would account for it although I've no idea why it would poll "sleeping" markets - thought that was the purpose of limiting the refresh time to avoid wasting processing time.

EDIT even though balance was not updated, runners and prices were so Excel was being fed and doing its thing as expected - just the balance was missing it seemed.
ODPaul82

Mine is on dogs as well, BA refresh rate is set to 100ms, Guardian refresh rate is 100ms.
As no liquidity happens for the large majority of dog races until the last few minutes I limit refresh to 5 mins before each race through the advanced settings in guardian and stop refreshing at zero seconds.

It does take a couple of seconds but the balance does update

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”