Bet BSP with Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
chairman_chow

Hi team,

been using BetAngel for few weeks, and I am handy with VBA but still unable to RELIABLY bet on BSP.

Note that the below assumes i am a "BACK" punter

I have the:

1. Global Command set to take SP, and this line is added AFTER i add the stake. This is reliable.
2. I set the Odd to be the 3rd bid odd, that is slightly higher than what is trading "hot", this is problematic.

In theory, i wanted to set the stake to be higher and hence nothing will get matched, and i will get BSP. But in reality, the betting will fail and it says my ODD is invalid SOMETIMES.

Before i log a ticket, what is a way to RELIABLY get BSP using the spreadsheet?

THanks
CC
Anbell

chairman_chow wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:06 am
Hi team,

been using BetAngel for few weeks, and I am handy with VBA but still unable to RELIABLY bet on BSP.

Note that the below assumes i am a "BACK" punter

I have the:

1. Global Command set to take SP, and this line is added AFTER i add the stake. This is reliable.
2. I set the Odd to be the 3rd bid odd, that is slightly higher than what is trading "hot", this is problematic.

In theory, i wanted to set the stake to be higher and hence nothing will get matched, and i will get BSP. But in reality, the betting will fail and it says my ODD is invalid SOMETIMES.

Before i log a ticket, what is a way to RELIABLY get BSP using the spreadsheet?

THanks
CC
I'm not sure of your exact problem with excel, but are you aware that there are minimum bet sizes for SP?

And also be aware that BF gives priority to different types of SP bets. BF prioritizes 'pure SP' over 'take SP.' Pure SP is guaranteed, but TakeSP is not guaranteed. BA doesnt do PureSP, which isnt normally a problem but it happens on occasion.
chairman_chow

Hello,

To clarify my question, i have included a screenshot from the app. i.e. with Excel, how do I take BSP (Proj), i am not looking at exactly 4.49, i just need an Excel equivalent of that function. My bet is around $150 AUD, and using the app, betfair accepted them no problem

Cheers,
CC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

4.49 isn't a valid betfair odds to back at on the exchange.
It would have to be 4.4 or 4.5
ODPaul82

Function wise you can use FLOOR or ROUND

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”