Code to stop after one bet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
leerudd

Hi All,
As I have added before i have a spreadsheet that i have designed for laying. I asked previously about code to close betting once in play, IE No bets placed after in play.
Works sort of but i want to restrict things further and only let the spreadhseet fire one bet into the market.
Anybody know what the commands are please ?

Currently using "=IF(E70="1",IF(G1<>"Inplay","LAY",""),"")"

These cells are 1 for each horse and if it meets the right criteria it fires, But as I said I want it only for fire once across the whole market, all cells.

Thanks In advance, Lee
ShaunWhite

leerudd wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:46 pm
Hi All,
As I have added before i have a spreadsheet that i have designed for laying. I asked previously about code to close betting once in play, IE No bets placed after in play.
Works sort of but i want to restrict things further and only let the spreadhseet fire one bet into the market.

These cells are 1 for each horse and if it meets the right criteria it fires, But as I said I want it only for fire once across the whole market, all cells.

Thanks In advance, Lee
Is there a column that shows the #bets for each horse? If that was say column AA then you could use something like...

=IF(AND(E70=1, G1<>"Inplay", SUM(AA:AA) = 0), "LAY","")

Use AND() to make sure all the conditions are in place, have as many condition as you like seperated by commas.

(btw if you use $G$1 instead of G1 then that reference won't change if you copy that cell elsewhere. Or if you had $G1, then the "G" won't change but the line number will if you copy the formula to another cell, and G$1 allows the column to change but not the line number. The "$" fixes that part of the cell ref. Handy when you fill a range of cells with a formula and usually have to edit each one because they're now pointing to the wrong cell, it's safer too in case you forget to edit one.)
leerudd

Thanks for the reply.
I dont really understand ?

I know that in Betangel you can stop automation if 1 bet is already in the market. Im trying to do the same with excel. When a bet is fired into the market i do get a confirmation within excel is that waht u mean ?

So for example
If the criteria was met and a bet was fired into the market from the following
=IF(E70="1",IF(G1<>"Inplay","LAY",""),"")
Then in cell o9 there would be "Placed" in that cell

Hope thats clear
leerudd

Also I wouldnt need the Inplay element as only 1 bet could be placed ?

Im getting confused
Anbell

leerudd wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:46 pm
Hi All,

Thanks In advance, Lee
You could sum all of col Y and all of AE, and then sum those, and if the result is not zero then dont bet.

You'd want to keep the inplay bit, just in case
leerudd

Thanks Anbel, good idea.

I have tried this but it doesnt put a bet in the market. Can you or anyone else see where its wrong ?

I have auto summed all stakes so if a bet is already on it shouldnt fire another into the market.

=IF(E70="1",IF(Q27="0","LAY",""),"")

Q27 being the cell that autosums all stakes

As I read it with limited knowledge, If e70=1 and q27=0 then lay otherwise do nothing ??

Thanks
rostov

Try: =IF(COUNTIFS(O9:O68,"=PLACED")>0,"STOP","LAY")
leerudd

rostov wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm
Try: =IF(COUNTIFS(O9:O68,"=PLACED")>0,"STOP","LAY")
Hi Thanks for the reply. Can I ask you to explain what that does so i can learn please,

Regards
rostov

It will place one LAY only.

If 'PLACED' is present in cells O9:O68, the count will be greater than zero and no further bets
will be placed, ie it will do nothing.

Use this if you prefer: =IF(COUNTIFS($O$9:$O$68,"=PLACED")>0," ","LAY")

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”