does anybody have a simple P&L data capture file for excel that updates everything with guardian?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Ryanolifelix

i found one Dallas made but i think Dallas said you have to enter some information manually, i would like a P&L excel file that updates everything auto in guardian. also it needs to be compatible with 64bit system.

thanks
Dr Ginhog

I have some old DATA CAPTURE file, one by Nigelk afaik called Bet_Angel_Record_Data and another called DataCapture_PREoff by an asian guy whose name escapes me that came with a video . If you cannot locate them here then PM me and I shall send you as you cannot post Excel files without permission here.
Have you ever thought of using SV history list which is ideal for Data
Capture and its not too hard on the CPU or have that other issue that Excel
Data capture when 2 races are run together creating a data capture conflict.
The Baf i use is here with a screenshot of its output which can be transferred
directly from the log file to a CSV/EXCEL. I would then sort the data by parsing out the prices at the end with DATA/TEXTtoCOLS/delimited using
"=" as the delimiter and also horsename using fixed width. DATA can then be sorted AtoZ by name column.
I am nearly done on a macro to do all that and more which I shall post over weekend. See screenshot to see where its at
SV_DATA_HISTLIST1_ALLRUNNERS_180421_156.0.baf
SV_DATA_HIST_LIST.jpg
HISTLISTPRICEDATA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Is Nigelk still around?

He was superb with Excel, and helped me with something many years back

Nice guy too

Not sure, if he was actually a trader himself, or whether he was just fascinated by what could be done with automation surrounding it
Dr Ginhog

Spot on as usual. Nigelk is the excel guru who is irreplaceable and have not seen him post for a while. Only wish I had 1% of his(and others) knowledge.
Just realised what Ryan is looking may not be what
I provided. He may be looking for a baf that outputs PL in guardian and a way
to export that file in excel (right click and export the file). I suppose I should
post the baf that creates the PL and other related gcc etc files if thats what is required.
Ryanolifelix

Thanks!! I'll have a look at this anyway!!
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:00 am
Is Nigelk still around?

He was superb with Excel, and helped me with something many years back

Nice guy too

Not sure, if he was actually a trader himself, or whether he was just fascinated by what could be done with automation surrounding it
I've not spoken to him in well over a year now and haven't had any responses to the last few messages sent (including outside of here).
I do hope everything is OK with him but suspect he's gone down a different path to trading now
Dr Ginhog

Clearly you were the man to answer that question Dallas. Also im leaving
memebers questions to you in the future. Its not my forte and I keep falling off that tightrope and my nerves are getting frayed. A lone furrow is the best option.
I admire your skill and patience for the job.
I may throw in the odd comment and the odd file into Shared files though.
Im not usurping the order of things by doing that am I ?
Barring Illness I expect Nigelk is doing fine. Too much talent not to be.
That post on RANGE % was excellent btw. If ever I try my hand at automating trading that would be my first port of call.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”