Bet Angel multiple spreadsheet horse price & winner capture

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Bostonpancake0

Hi All,

I'm a little confused as to the functionality of the 'restrict refresh' button in Bet Angel. I thought I understood what it does but after some trial and error I may be incorrect.

I am simply just trying to capture a horse back price at the time of the jump in the multiple excel spreadsheet provided by bet Angel (e.g at time of suspension. I do have multiple races on the go in betangel). I initially set the restrict refresh button to 0 seconds after market is closed to do this. The weird thing is however, it works for some markets but doesn't work for others. For some markets it actually continues refreshing when the race is in play which is not what I want. I tested on some races last night. None of the races official star times were delayed. Am I missing something here? Surely this is an easy fix and something that a lot of users who are not in-play punters require?

On a separate note, is there someway to record the winner of the race in the excel spreadsheet post race? Don't know how easy this is to do.

Any help greatly appreciated

thanks,

Tim
Dallas

The restrict refresh option just instructs Bet Angel (well guardian) when to refresh markets
It's used if you have a load of markets in guardian to focus the refreshing on just those where you have rules running
Ie if you had a pre off scalping rule you might want to restrict the refresh to something like
300 secs before the start
Till
0 secs after the start

When collecting market data like prices you can use either a data capture spreadsheet (there are several ready-made ones in the Betfair data section of this forum
Or create a rules file and use stored values to capture what you need, rule can be armed to trigger as many times as you want and at whatever time frames you want.
Bostonpancake0

Hi Dallas,

thanks for the reply. Understand what you are saying.

So why does the betangel excel spreadsheet stop refreshing the prices and traded volume at the market closure for some races but not for others? I think I found the reason but I'm not 100% sure. If I click on the market on bet angle software it pops out in the dialog box below, 'Bet Angel has recognised this market is suspended' but then for some races it will activate again saying 'Bet angel has recognised the market is in-play' and it will keep refreshing. So I am assuming that this stop market refresh at 0 seconds after market closure will continue if in-play betting is available on the race? If its not then it won't? Funny thing is, it stops refreshing correctly at jump for some races on the same card (track and day etc) but not for other races.

Thanks,

Tim
ODPaul82

Any market that you select and actually open it within BA then it will continue to fetch data, even if you have restrict refresh set
If that market is linked to an Excel worksheet then it will continue to refresh on there as well.
Bostonpancake0

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I actually found a work around today. It’s not ideal but it seemed to work.

I opened up individual Guardians for each race track (5 in total) and restricted the refresh to zero after market closure and it worked. Each sheet of each spreadsheet for every race stopped refreshing at the end of market closure. It seemed to only be an issue when I tried to combine 50+races into one workbook/guardian instance.

I think to record the winner of the races I may need to look into stored values as Dallas had mentioned above.

Thanks,

Tim
Dallas

If you have the restrict refresh set to stop at 0 secs before the start thats when it will stop unless as ODPaul82 has said you have it open on a main trading screen in which case it'll be getting refreshed from there.

If you are only refreshing from something like 1 secs before start till 0 secs after the start and some markets are being missed this will be down to your Refresh rate in Guardian, and the market/s not being updated during that 1 second window.

This post explains how Guardian cycles and refreshes markets (where it refers to automation rules it also applies to connected excel sheets)
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”