Logging PnL for multiple strategies

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Shaung89

Hi all,

Trying to properly log different automation strategies' PnL each day to track performance but this gets awfully difficult especially when either 2 strategies running in parallel on the same markets or if im manually trading on top of the strategy in place (on seperate runners).

I dont want to just assume that a profitable strategy remains that way and also would like to further optimise in future but this is obviously very difficult.

Any advice from those that have done/still do this?
Anbell

Shaung89 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:48 am
Hi all,

Trying to properly log different automation strategies' PnL each day to track performance but this gets awfully difficult especially when either 2 strategies running in parallel on the same markets or if im manually trading on top of the strategy in place (on seperate runners).

I dont want to just assume that a profitable strategy remains that way and also would like to further optimise in future but this is obviously very difficult.

Any advice from those that have done/still do this?
Betfair has a thing called customerStrategyRef which does exactly this but it is not available on BA yet.

One approach you can possibly try is to use stakes of say 10.01 for one strategy and 10.02 for another etc
sniffer66

Not sure how complex your strats are but for a lot of my bet n forget strats I differ the stake by a penny i.e £10.01, £10.02 etc. Then when looking at results in the BF spreadsheets you can filter by entry stake

EDIT Lol Anbell in first, even to the point of using the same stake example :)
Shaung89

Thanks both.

The CustomerStrategyRef sounds like the ideal solution definitely (cough Euler please take note).

The alternate stake option will definitely work when running 2 * strats on a single market too so will look at giving that a shot!
paspuggie48

Shaung89 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:23 am
Thanks both.

The CustomerStrategyRef sounds like the ideal solution definitely (cough Euler please take note).

The alternate stake option will definitely work when running 2 * strats on a single market too so will look at giving that a shot!
If you are assigning rules to a race then I'd tend to use the export function in Guardian and then Vlookup/Power Query either the rule or horse or time against my BF PnL.

Typical export is

Screenshot 2021-10-11 152219.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Ginhog

Why not run each new strategy on a different "Bet Angel run" which can be done by copying/renaming the "Bet Angel limited" folders in Program files (X86) and editing(with vim or any other editor but "run as administrator") the configname line from "Bet angel Professional" to whatever name you choose.
config file.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Ginhog

Hi Anbel
Be sure to copy the paste before renaming to ensure original version is retained.
plasteredric

I'm also trying to find a solution to this problem. Running multiple instances of BA just to track individual strategies isn't going to be an option.
At the moment I have different strategies which put opening bets into the market with different stakes which are easy to identify later. It's the closing and hedge bets that i'm struggling to pick out, especially when a stop is hit or if a market with multiple bets triggered is greened up by a safety rule before the off.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”