Duplicating sheets

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Luke.B

Hi.
If a sheet is not called bet angel will it still trigger bets.
Say i want to duplicate bet angel sheet and call it copy sheet 1 ( so it doesnt auto bind) can i run bets out of copy sheet 1?
ODPaul82

Only sheets beginning with 'Bet Angel' will send the actual bets to BA
I have my main one setup with about 5 'Bet Angel' sheets all with a numerical suffix, these are the ones which are autobound
All my calculations are done on a seperate worksheet called 'BA Data' again with a numerical suffix
My BA sheets just reference the data from these to trigger a bet.
Luke.B

Thanks.
What if i have a large amount of bets for each event.
Can I create two bet angel sheets for the one event but just auto bind one? Any way to do that?
ODPaul82

No, auto-bind does what it says on the tin. It auto-binds
If you want to trigger off multiple bets then you can clear the current bet data from whichever selection you require and trigger a new one or you can get the worksheet to just send a stored value to guardian and let guardian handle the triggering of bets.
Luke.B

Yeah clearing and placing bets not ideal as i have potentially 6 bets plus the clearing of status cells in between. I need it to be close to off.
Can you explain this 'stored value off to guardian to trigger bets' or where i can read up on it?
Can i have
Selection 4
  • Back bet 1
    Back bet 2
    Back bet 3
    Back bet 4
All sent to guardian?
ODPaul82

Basically have a guardian rule set on the market as well as the excel spreadsheet, in the spreadsheet bet rule cell (i.e. column L) have something like this
"SET_SV FOR:SELECTION NAME:BetOneOdds VALUE:3 NAME:BetTwoOdds: VALUE: 3.25 NAME:BetThreeOdds: VALUE: 3.5"

Within the guardian rule have criteria to see if the stored selection has a value and set the odds for the bet based on the stored value
You would need a couple of different rules set within the same rule file to handle each bet.
Luke.B

Ok this is blowing my mind a bit. So all my bets i run in excel. I could basically set up in guardian as automation rules and it will do things like
Selection 4
back bet at these odds
Lay bet at these odds
Take sp if proposed SP is within this range.
ODPaul82

In theory yes, you could do something like the following

"SET_SV FOR:SELECTION NAME:BackBetOneOdds VALUE:3 NAME:BackBetTwoOdds: VALUE: 3.25 NAME:BackBetThreeOdds: VALUE: 3.5 NAME: LayBetOneOdds VALUE:2 NAME:LayBetTwoOdds VALUE:1.5 NAME:TakeSPMin VALUE:1.2 NAME:TaleSPMax: VALUE:5"

In a guardian rule file you could have
Rule1: place back bet based on the odds of a stored value with the name BackBetOneOdds
Rule2: same as above but based on stored value of BackBetTwoOdds
repeat for each bet that you want placed

For the SP within a range do a take SP bet and have condition set that the price is within the range of TakeSPMin and TakeSPMax
Luke.B

Ok great. So in a 24 horse race. Having conditions for every runner and to fire 5 sec before off will be no problem.
Do you still have min back and liability through automation?
Is there a single spot to find out all tge commands?
ODPaul82

24 runners should be ok but you'd want to have a fairly fast refresh rate for the market and also restrict refresh for other markets.
Minimum stake amounts are the same as BA permit

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/syn ... mands.html

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/syn ... mands.html
Rowers

Hi,
I was trying to find how the stored value in excel can be fed back into betangel, but it can be done only with the file used before the races right?

there is no option of LIVE data send, back and forth between betangel and excel. we can only send data from betangel to excel, correcct?

-Jacob
ODPaul82

Rowers wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:49 pm
Hi,
I was trying to find how the stored value in excel can be fed back into betangel, but it can be done only with the file used before the races right?

there is no option of LIVE data send, back and forth between betangel and excel. we can only send data from betangel to excel, correcct?

-Jacob
Wrong, I've already put in this thread how to do it with SET_SV FOR SELECTION to send data to BA from Excel.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”