Start Price in Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
C769330

I am trying to do some automated betting using the Excel spreadsheet. I need to be able to lay a runner taking using the "Start Price". My issue is when I lay a particular runner I need to be able to specify the odds and the stake

Therfore - My issue/Question is two fold:

1. Firstly - How do I specify a "Start Price" lay in the "Bet Rules/individual comments" cell - (as in what is the instruction? - if I want to lay a horse at current or specified odds I simply instruct this cell to "Lay" - but I'm not certain what to do for a "Start Price" lay)

2. What Odds do I specify as I won't know what the "Start Price" is at the time of placing the bet/instruction

Hope this makes sense and someone mopre knowledgable than myself can answer

Cheers

Michael
Derek27

C769330 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:44 am
I am trying to do some automated betting using the Excel spreadsheet. I need to be able to lay a runner taking using the "Start Price". My issue is when I lay a particular runner I need to be able to specify the odds and the stake

Therfore - My issue/Question is two fold:

1. Firstly - How do I specify a "Start Price" lay in the "Bet Rules/individual comments" cell - (as in what is the instruction? - if I want to lay a horse at current or specified odds I simply instruct this cell to "Lay" - but I'm not certain what to do for a "Start Price" lay)

2. What Odds do I specify as I won't know what the "Start Price" is at the time of placing the bet/instruction

Hope this makes sense and someone mopre knowledgable than myself can answer

Cheers

Michael
I take it you're referring to starting price (BSP).

1. I've never actually used it myself but the syntax is documented here.

2. You specify the maximum odds your willing to accept (or the minimum if you were backing).
C769330

Cheer Derek

Thats exactly what I was looking for

Michael

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”