Spreadsheet to show tick profit

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
thepressure

Is there a sheet that you can just put a price in and then it has a ladder in like bet angel and shows you how much you'll make as the prices move up or down (like the ladders).

?
ShaunWhite

This might help..

For net back positions: GreenUp = Stake * ((Entry price - Exit price) / Exit price)
For net lay positions: GreenUp = Stake * ((Exit price - Entry price) / Exit price)

I don't want to appear sarcastic but the questions will get harder than this, so it would be a good exercise to get your pen and paper out and figure out how you'd calculate it, and then how you'd like your spreadsheet to work/look. Have a go and post your spreadsheet here if it's not working as you'd like and someone will no doubt fix it.

The other bigger thing to point out is that you'd rarely have a situation with a single bet you'd want to exit. It's much more usual to place many bets which add to or reduce your net position as you see fit as the market develops....and then hedge the net position. But the formula above works equally well giving it your net position and an exit price.

[edit: or just download @Realrocknrolla's sheet and figure it out later. :) But either way it wouldn't do any harm to understand rather than know, what you stand to gain/loss when you're having a bet. Afterall 'trading' is just having a bet, then having more bets, and the result is the sum of all of them. It's not as complicated as it might seem]
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Realrocknrolla

This might help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thepressure

thanks should that spreddy let me edit it? need to sort out office!
ShaunWhite

thepressure wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:20 pm
need to sort out office!
I don't have any affiliation with this place but I've used then a lot and they've always worked well first time and it's legit...
https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Mic ... ad%29.html
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:11 pm
thepressure wrote:
need to sort out office!
I don't have any affiliation with this place but I've used then a lot and they've always worked well first time and it's legit...
What's the benefit of downloading a key? Do you no longer have to subscribe to Microsoft Office to use the Office suite?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:25 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
thepressure wrote:
need to sort out office!
What's the benefit of downloading a key? Do you no longer have to subscribe to Microsoft Office to use the Office suite?
Depends on the version. I use a 'perpetual' version of Office2019 with no annual subs rather than Office365. Biggest benefit is the sub £20 price tag.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:25 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

Depends on the version. I use a 'perpetual' version of Office2019 with no annual subs rather than Office365. Biggest benefit is the sub £20 price tag.
Thanks, I think I'll switch when my 365 sub runs out. Don't know why they still call it a CD key. Nobody uses CDs anymore.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:54 pm
Thanks, I think I'll switch when my 365 sub runs out. Don't know why they still call it a CD key. Nobody uses CDs anymore.
I'm surprised Microsoft support this secondary market (bankrupt stock, company sell-offs etc) but I got a 'used' version of Visio a while ago, registration failed, I called MS, explained where I got it and they just switched over the ownership. And to be fair to the seller they said occasionally you need to do that if the product hasn't been de-registered properly. Also when you're paying 1/10 of the full price even the odd dud purchase wouldn't be the end of the world, but like I said it's all legit if you use your spidysenses about using companies with a landline number and an address that's actually on Google steetview.
Realrocknrolla

thepressure wrote:
thanks should that spreddy let me edit it? need to sort out office!
No probs. Should do. Its a handy tool. Good luck

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”