Instant Bet Placement

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
BFDon

I want to migrate over to BetAngel fully from another provider but it would involve re-writing a lot of my excel code. One aspect I like of the other software is the availability of the COM server which allows me to submit a commands to BF instantly as opposed to populating a cell and waiting for the next refresh which induces some latency. As far as I can tell BetAngel operates via populating cell, is there any availability to send bets instantly? What's the lowest latency possible after populating a cell, i assume this is determined by the refresh rate?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bet Angel can refresh markets every 20 milliseconds if using Exchange Streaming. Depending on the type of markets you trade you can optimise the refresh by automatically loading the next one into the main trading screen or restricting the refresh of Guardian to just the markets in a given time window.
Bet Angel will scan Excel for a new betting command on each price refresh, the default would be to only check the worksheet that has just been updated, but there is a setting to scan ALL bound worksheets on each refresh.
If speed is your main concern then you should also look at the Automation features of Bet Angel, over the years they have become very sophisticated and you can solve a lot of problems without needing to use Excel at all (which saves the delay of communicating between processes). You can even use Excel to push values into Automation so could create a hybrid solution of using Automation for speed and Excel for complex maths.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”