How to use conditions in Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
WelshMage

Hi All
I have a linked spreadsheet which is working quite well. It has an Overview sheet which give commands to the lined BA sheets. Essentially there are a lot of Excel IF Statements at work.
Example, on the Match Odds market, if I enter an amount in one of the Overview cells it will fire a BACK bet into the market. Similarly, if I enter an amount in another cell in the Overview sheet, it will fire a LAY bet into the market.
What I want to do, is monitor the Lay odds once I have made a BACK bet. Easy to do I know but what I want to do is place a LAY bet if the LAY odds reach a certain value (e.g., I back for £20 at 2.5, if the LAY odds go out to 5.2, I want to enter a LAY bet to exit the trade). I have the formula in Excel that tells me the exact amount to LAY.
My concern is, if I try to automate this, how do I use the UMATCHED TIME CONDITION from the Excel spreadsheet. I don't think it can be done. Am I correct?
Derek27

WelshMage wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:01 pm
Hi All
I have a linked spreadsheet which is working quite well. It has an Overview sheet which give commands to the lined BA sheets. Essentially there are a lot of Excel IF Statements at work.
Example, on the Match Odds market, if I enter an amount in one of the Overview cells it will fire a BACK bet into the market. Similarly, if I enter an amount in another cell in the Overview sheet, it will fire a LAY bet into the market.
What I want to do, is monitor the Lay odds once I have made a BACK bet. Easy to do I know but what I want to do is place a LAY bet if the LAY odds reach a certain value (e.g., I back for £20 at 2.5, if the LAY odds go out to 5.2, I want to enter a LAY bet to exit the trade). I have the formula in Excel that tells me the exact amount to LAY.
My concern is, if I try to automate this, how do I use the UMATCHED TIME CONDITION from the Excel spreadsheet. I don't think it can be done. Am I correct?
What do you mean by unmatched time condition? Wouldn't placing a fill or kill bet solve the problem?
WelshMage

Not sure Derek if I'm honest.

What I want to avoid is when the markets go crazy for several seconds once a goal has been scored. So if I have a LAY bet automated in Excel that fires if the odds reach >5.2, I don't want it to fire a LAY bet in at 8.6 or higher, and then the market settles down after the goal and the real lay odds are say 4.8.

Dallas taught me how to avoid this using Automation Rule by including the condition UMATCHED TIME CONDITION >120 seconds. This ensures the market settles down before considering firing any LAY bet.

But if using Excel, not sure this is possible. If you imagine I have a formula that is linked to the LAY odds and will fire if those odds go above 5.2; they may well do that if a goal goes in or there's a red card, before settling down again.

I will try it out in PRACTISE mode and see what results I get.
Derek27

WelshMage wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:07 pm
Not sure Derek if I'm honest.

What I want to avoid is when the markets go crazy for several seconds once a goal has been scored. So if I have a LAY bet automated in Excel that fires if the odds reach >5.2, I don't want it to fire a LAY bet in at 8.6 or higher, and then the market settles down after the goal and the real lay odds are say 4.8.

Dallas taught me how to avoid this using Automation Rule by including the condition UMATCHED TIME CONDITION >120 seconds. This ensures the market settles down before considering firing any LAY bet.

But if using Excel, not sure this is possible. If you imagine I have a formula that is linked to the LAY odds and will fire if those odds go above 5.2; they may well do that if a goal goes in or there's a red card, before settling down again.

I will try it out in PRACTISE mode and see what results I get.
You mean 'Unmatched Bet Time condition'. I wasn't even aware of that condition. :)

It can easily be done using VBA code, if you're a coder. I can't think of a way of doing it using formulas, unfortunately.
WelshMage

I will try some VBA code

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”