Importing SV from Excel file

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Andrew2966

I have created a .csv file using the BA template to bring in a stored value based on using two parts of the market name, specifically the racecourse and the race grade for use on the greyhound markets. I have set the first column of the csv file with the search parameters *racecourse*grade*, so for example *Romford* A5 *. When I run a file check, everything is ok, but the stored values are not being pulled through from the excel file to Guardian. My question is whether I am using the correct search format or is guardian only capble of searching one part of the market name?
sniffer66

Unfortunately you can only use a wildcard * at the beginning and/or end of the string, BA pattern matching doesn't support multiples.
I did request it a long time ago but no update as yet

You probably have already but is the first line of your CSV a "1" only ?
MemphisFlash

why dont you use guardian something like this.
create a rule that seperates the market name, distance , grade etc.
load onto markets.
search by your criteria.
delete the rest
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:27 am
why dont you use guardian something like this.
create a rule that seperates the market name, distance , grade etc.
load onto markets.
search by your criteria.
delete the rest

Capture.PNG
That seconds (or minutes) to the start is a good idea. The last thing that you need when trading is extra mental arithmetic. :)
Derek27

:D

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew2966

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments, some useful points to take on board. I have managed to work round the issue by saving individual csv files for the separate tracks and creating an individual rule for each track with a text condition that the market is for that track. 20 times the number of rules and files I would have liked but it seems to be working fine for now. It's just a shame there aren't more filters available or that the search facility doesn't work in the same way excel does.
sniffer66

Andrew2966 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:48 pm
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments, some useful points to take on board. I have managed to work round the issue by saving individual csv files for the separate tracks and creating an individual rule for each track with a text condition that the market is for that track. 20 times the number of rules and files I would have liked but it seems to be working fine for now. It's just a shame there aren't more filters available or that the search facility doesn't work in the same way excel does.

I'm curious what the stat is you're passing to BA. Is it to a runner name, or a track/distance/class/fave win% type stat ?
Andrew2966

I am basically sending a 'signal' to guardian telling it whether i wish to back or lay the fav based on historic results for that track and race grade. Obviously high fav win % I back, low I lay. Excel does all my number crunching and tells guardian which way to proceed.
sniffer66

Andrew2966 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:06 am
I am basically sending a 'signal' to guardian telling it whether i wish to back or lay the fav based on historic results for that track and race grade. Obviously high fav win % I back, low I lay. Excel does all my number crunching and tells guardian which way to proceed.
Ok, so why not set 2 SV's per meeting\grade in your CSV file. One for the track and one for the grade, both wildcarded individually but with the same value set. If both are set in guardian, and both = SV Value then your entry rule is True

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”