BF Flat Racing Result information

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
dbeedie

Howdy,

Firstly, apologies for the rfi, am sure the information is out there for me to grab deep in the cellar archives of the BA forum, but could anyone be good enough to point me to someone wo can provide a downloadable s/sheet with the following criteria I can pick from

All Flat races, per year for as far back as possible, both Turf and Artificial Courses
Time / Date / Course Location Information
Winner / Favourite Information
Race Type / Class / Group Information
Going / Stall information
BF SP and (if possible) last traded price information

Any information gratefully received.
Realrocknrolla

Inform Racing Dot Com
sionascaig

Most of the data you are after can be got here : https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices

Pulling it all together, maintaining it and presenting it in a form suitable for others is a significant time consuming task. There are sites available that provide this service but come at a cost.
dbeedie

Hi there, thanks for that. Excuse the Noobness of my questions, but what are the acronyms in the column headers of the BF CSV file, specifically 'WAP'? Also, where is the time demarcation between Morning, Pre-Post and InPlay pricing?

These may seem like dumb requests, but I am sat here with a giant bubble over my head with a ? in it.
dbeedie

Aah OK, weighted average price. Assumed this is an average? What is the formula for this and when does a Morning WAP stop being a Morning WAP?
ShaunWhite

dbeedie wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:17 pm
Aah OK, weighted average price. Assumed this is an average? What is the formula for this and when does a Morning WAP stop being a Morning WAP?
Here you go.....

Model: GPT-4

How do you calculate wap on Betfair price data

ChatGPT
Weighted Average Price (WAP) is a common method used to analyze Betfair price data. It provides a single average price that takes into account both odds and the volumes of money traded at those odds. To calculate the WAP on Betfair price data, follow these steps:

Obtain the Betfair price data: To calculate the WAP, you need the Betfair price data, which includes the odds (prices) and the volumes of money traded at each of those odds.

Multiply each odd by its corresponding volume: For each odd in the dataset, multiply the odd by the volume of money traded at that odd. This will give you a weighted value for each odd.

Sum up the weighted values: Add up all the weighted values from step 2.

Sum up the total volume: Add up the total volume of money traded across all odds.

Calculate the WAP: Divide the sum of the weighted values (from step 3) by the total volume (from step 4). The result is the Weighted Average Price.

WAP = (Sum of weighted values) / (Total volume)

Keep in mind that the WAP can change over time as more bets are placed and odds fluctuate. Make sure to update your calculations regularly if you are using WAP for real-time trading or analysis.
sionascaig

dbeedie wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:17 pm
.... and when does a Morning WAP stop being a Morning WAP?
I think its just a snap shot at 11am on day of race...
dbeedie

Thanks so much. Great help!
Anbell

dbeedie wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:04 pm
Hi there, thanks for that. Excuse the Noobness of my questions, but what are the acronyms in the column headers of the BF CSV file, specifically 'WAP'? Also, where is the time demarcation between Morning, Pre-Post and InPlay pricing?

These may seem like dumb requests, but I am sat here with a giant bubble over my head with a ? in it.
THey are defined at the top of the page

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”