My Apologies

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:32 pm
And making passive aggressive comments dressed as humour is unlikely to lift the mood. :)

Or maybe I'm being too sensitive again! :D
Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:26 pm
SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:14 pm
In an ideal world...
Jeff that looks like a bit of a heavy subject here in Tuco's birthday thread :)
If you want to take that random lighthearted comment as something more sinister then idk what to tell you.

Don't really know who you're arguing with now either, we thought your old beef was settled when James vanquished your archnemesis in the other thread. Might be time to get over it now.
Atho55

+1
Euler

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:54 pm
Like I said you were here long before me but since you're 'comeback' I've noticed you seem pretty skilled at giving as good as you get, if you were a footballer you'd be Roy Keane, make a great tackle but leave that little bit extra on your opponent. The little bit extra isn't necessary so respect can't be a one way street.
And this is the problem IMHO.

Jeff, you need to learn to walk away. You tend to argue belligerently and, reading interchanges you have had, that means people eventually get very frustrated and give you some stick. Learn to let it drop.

This thread is a case in point. It's supposed to be a chance for people to reconcile.

This thread should be an opportunity to bury the hatchet, for once and for all.
SweetLyrics

If, like me, you're a Mau U fan, that's about the biggest compliment someone can give you (regardless of whether it was a meant as one! :lol: ).

I am not a vengeful person. And whether you believe me or not, I am totally against punishment purely for the sake of causing a suffering - there has to be some wider benefit, or you're just as bad as the person being punished in my book. However, sometimes, if someone is out of order with you, there is a case for retaliating, as it might make them mind their manners in future with other people (I live in hope! :lol: ).

Anyway, that's my final word in this thread, which (like the Covid thread) is generating more heat than light. :D

Jeff
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:54 pm
if you were a footballer you'd be Roy Keane, make a great tackle but leave that little bit extra on your opponent. The little bit extra isn't necessary so respect can't be a one way street.
Trader Pat

SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:07 pm
If, like me, you're a Man U fan.....

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until you revealed that! :)
superfrank

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:50 pm
I think some of you need to toughen up a little bit.
+1

Traders are supposed to be a hardy bunch who can take a few knocks.

In December of last year, judges at the Court of Appeal thankfully decided that, “Freedom only to speak inoffensively is not worth having”.
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-dail ... 5048815483
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:05 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:50 pm
I think some of you need to toughen up a little bit.
+1

Traders are supposed to be a hardy bunch who can take a few knocks.
Agree, for a change. :)

Being called stupid, brainless, can you read? etc. is very mildly offensive that you can get away with face to face as long as you're not yelling.

Nivi7 made an unacceptable sexual reference about my mother but even that didn't really offend me because he has a mental age of 8 and isn't able to take full responsibility for what he says. ;)
alexmr2

SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:14 pm
...if someone aggressively called you a 'serial loser'...
Disappointing that some people resort to this when trying to debate something which has nothing to do with trading ability. I don't know which members are profitable and which ones aren't but the reality is that these days becoming a consistent winner takes a lot of effort and a very small % make it. There's every chance that most people are technically "serial losers" unless they keep trying.

This all stems from discussing pandemic vs scamdemic, which we now know is one of those divisive subjects which is a conversation better avoided due to the emotive nature. I have had many unpleasant discussions with some people over it. This is also the same for trading, now I simply don't bring it up in conversation unless someone shows an interest in discussing it which rarely happens
TraderFred

Maybe best to let this thread die, as it is at risk of turning into another 300 page insult-fest. However, I should probably offer my view.

Firstly, as Pat said above, I think you have to make the difference between real life and what is said online. Obviously, if we were all working in the same office together I wouldn’t have behaved as I did. Though for me, this isn’t real life, TraderFred doesn’t actually exist, and i care about as much if he got insulted as I would if someone insulted Bart Simpson.

Though I have to recognise that for some people the difference between online and real life is a lot different and narrower than for others.

As others have said, fair play to James for saying what he did. Personally, I did not feel in need of an apology. If the truth be told, I have been almost in tears laughing at some points during that debate, I wasn’t really taking it seriously.

What I did feel bad about was including BetAngel in it. That was a snide dirty trick on my part, and I did feel bad about it shortly afterwards. I did contact BetAngel through flagging up one of my own posts, though the thread was locked, and I’m unsure if my apology was heard. In case it wasn’t , I would like to reiterate it again and apologise for playing my part in bringing the forum into disrepute.

And you were also correct in calling my bluff, James. I was never going to cut my nose to spite my face. Peter could call me the biggest c*nt in the world to my face, and then headbutt me, and I would still subscribe to BetAngel. I hate the other software, and I’m in no position to start writing my own.

I apologise to Alex, as I said some nasty things to him in the heat of the debate. To be fair to him, he didn’t seem too bothered, and never really reacted. I’m sorry Alex, and for what it’s worth, you seem like a bright lad, and I’m sure you will do well this year with your trading.

Jeff I must apologise to too. I suppose because you always sign your posts off with your real name, I always use it mine. Maybe that makes the insults seem more personal. I don’t see you as a real person Jeff, I see you as this kind of trading caricature. My insults were aimed at Jeff the trader ( the make believe figure) not Jeff the person, someone who I have never met and have no opinion on. I know nothing about you, Jeff, other than you have just gone out and got yourself a degree in computer science or something. That alone is clearly not the act of a serial loser. My comments were not aimed at you personally, just at the caricature of a person that I have in my head.

And whilst there is no doubt a lot of truth in the Roy Keane comparison, personally I’ve always seen you as more of a Ronaldo. Deliberately drawing a foul, and then rolling around on the floor, pretending to hurt, trying to get the other man sent off!

Though if you weren’t feigning injury, and you were genuinely upset by any of my comments, then I apologise for that sincerely, and I hope you can now see that there was no malicious intent.

The truth is Jeff, that you are just far too easy to wind up, and I was having far too much fun in doing so !
Kai

TraderFred wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:11 am
I apologise
TraderFred

Also, whilst we are apologising and confessing, I should probably come clean about myself. Especially after what I said to Jeff and Alex.

As you have probably already worked out, I am not a professional trader. Far from it.

When people lash out at others online, it is usually because they are hiding a dark secret of their own, and I am no different. I know you are not the kind of guys to take any pleasure in this, though I feel I owe it you, in the spirit of fairness and coming clean.

I am not a professional trader, I am in fact a junkie, petty thief and gambling addict.

I am literally a “serial loser”.
Derek27

For what it's worth, I don't think "serial loser" was purely a reference to trading and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously - like when you accuse someone of having half a brain, it implies that they've grossly overlooked something rather than a literal attack on their intelligence.
SweetLyrics

I know I said that I was finished with this thread, but I cannot let this pass without comment.

Firstly, apology accepted. Mistakes were made by all parties - there is no point in dwelling on it. All we can do is learn the lessons and move on.

However, the reason I am back in this thread is because I take exception to your description of yourself as a serial loser. I don't like labels like that. Everyone has wins and losses in life, and to describe yourself as a loser disregards the wins and also treats you as if your current life circumstances are set in stone; as if 'loser' is who you are, when people can and do turn things around all the time.

Anyway, this really is my last comment in this thread. :)

Take care,

Jeff
TraderFred wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:20 pm
Also, whilst we are apologising and confessing, I should probably come clean about myself. Especially after what I said to Jeff and Alex.

As you have probably already worked out, I am not a professional trader. Far from it.

When people lash out at others online, it is usually because they are hiding a dark secret of their own, and I am no different. I know you are not the kind of guys to take any pleasure in this, though I feel I owe it you, in the spirit of fairness and coming clean.

I am not a professional trader, I am in fact a junkie, petty thief and gambling addict.

I am literally a “serial loser”.
jamesg46

TraderFred wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:20 pm
https://youtu.be/Z9nwcpGZE6A
Be it you're trying to decive or not, I cant work out. In poker terms, I'll raise,

https://youtu.be/OZLUa8JUR18

Return to “General discussion”