rik

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:13 pm
I don't pay PC
You don't??? 🧐 I say, old bean! I must express my astonishment of your claim!

I propose a motion to ban this impostor at once!!!!!
:lol: If you dig a big enough hole....
I'd paid a shed load of commission before I made net profitable and I'm still at about 45% comm/gross lifetime.
Screenshot_17.png
You had long breaks there so cant really count that as 18 years, well done on turning it around anyway.
greenmark

Honestly, this thread sounds like the formation of BA premier league. That's a shame for me because I won't qualify. But also I'm surprised it hasn't happened already via PM's.
If it happens, good luck to you guys. The forum has fallen from it's brilliant focus and intelligent debate in recent months. And I admit I've probably contributed to that fall in quality. So, kick me out if you wish, it'll be "so long and thanks for all the fish". :-)
Kai

Well, that's exactly the sort of classism that should be avoided imho
Trader Pat

There'd be no harm giving it a go. If after 6 months or so its creating more division the team can just get rid of it and we can go back to ignoring each other!
Derek27

A newbie seeking advice from experienced traders is much the same as seeking advice from solicitors. You don't understand the law but are still equipped to decide if you have confidence in the solicitor's advice. One guy told me on this forum that just because I have a high post count doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about! Newbies could take the same view with high kudos posters.
Crazyskier

Likes or preferably the ability to upvote / downvote posts would be ace. Hopefully this would lead to some keyboard warriors hereabouts actually engaging their brains before their fingers.

CS
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:15 pm
Likes or preferably the ability to upvote / downvote posts would be ace. Hopefully this would lead to some keyboard warriors hereabouts actually engaging their brains before their fingers.

CS
Definitely a thumbs down for buggery. ;)

Unless forumites are wired up to an electric chair that activates when enough thumbs down buttons are pressed, a doubt people tanked up with beer would be overly concerned. :)
Kai

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:15 pm
Likes or preferably the ability to upvote / downvote posts would be ace.
Nicked this off a review website as an example, maybe helps with the spitballing

They can sort stuff by most helpful or recent or funny etc
Emmson

You don't have to be a long term winner to impart good advice (maybe in any sphere), Jeff, Ferru, Sweet Lyrics or whatever he is called now made me think that. Someone can have the mechanics down but fail on the mental front so they can still offer valuable insights.

When he goes off topic into politics and society less so! :D
ShaunWhite

I'm not so sure about all this really, being regarded as not worthy of listening to might put new people off posting. And there's nothing like a fresh set of eyes or a daft question to give you a lightbulb moment, afterall the pros just churn out the same old advice and sometimes it pays to revisit baked-in assumptions.
ShaunWhite

i think i echoed you there Emmson, didn't see your post.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:57 pm
I'm not so sure about all this really, being regarded as not worthy of listening to might put new people off posting. And there's nothing like a fresh set of eyes or a daft question to give you a lightbulb moment, afterall the pros just churn out the same old advice and sometimes it pays to revisit baked-in assumptions.
No arguments there Shawn, can't really argue against common sense and logic. Traders have little incentive to dispense advice as it is, nearly everything has already been said a hundred times over. If there's any way to provide a bit of incentive then I'm all up for that.

Don't particularly want to get into this rabbit hole, but in short I feel a platform like this should cater to newbies the most, to sustain the forum long term and to sustain the markets as well etc. Although I'm sure any compromise can be reached, with a bit of effort.

Speaking of rabbit holes, as good as credibility sounds on paper it also opens the door for abuse and foul play, new users would want to use this platform to openly flaunt their stuff.

I don't think credibility and transparency is fully compatible with this grey industry at all, the stigma that surrounds it is too strong.
Tuco

Danny Asda wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 pm
@shaun I made a oner on Friday. Can I have a certificate?
...that depends - how much did you lose on Saturday and Sunday? lol
Tuco

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:21 pm
Bulgarian ping pong
...is that similar to Thai ping pong? If so, I've been missing out lol :lol:
alexmr2

Who wants to buy my course?

P&L screenshots don't lie
pandl.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”