Credibility

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:28 pm
it certainly has been a bit quieter in here today...
Give it some time Jim, now that Derek has awoken from his slumber :)

jimibt

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:04 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:28 pm
it certainly has been a bit quieter in here today...
Give it some time Jim, now that Derek has awoken from his slumber :)

Kai - must be your bedtime already :D

gazuty

One more thing (Columbo) ... Tuco aside, many humans are status driven (there are evolutionary reasons why it is a big part of our psychological make up to be groupish and seek status in the group). Giving individual posts a like/dislike button is maybe ok as long as we come at it from the perspective that we are judging the ideas in the post and not the user who posted the post. Giving each other some kind of like/dislike of the user or user score or even user credibility or badge etc is extremely dangerous and unlikely to build a cohesive community. Reference the episode Nosedive in the Black Mirror series on Netflix for an insight.
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:45 pm
One more thing (Columbo) ... Tuco aside, many humans are status driven (there are evolutionary reasons why it is a big part of our psychological make up to be groupish and seek status in the group). Giving individual posts a like/dislike button is maybe ok as long as we come at it from the perspective that we are judging the ideas in the post and not the user who posted the post. Giving each other some kind of like/dislike of the user or user score or even user credibility or badge etc is extremely dangerous and unlikely to build a cohesive community. Reference the episode Nosedive in the Black Mirror series on Netflix for an insight.
One possibility is to have a + button but no - button. It has the same effect but nobody would be left with negative kudos.
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:26 am
gazuty wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:45 pm
One possibility is to have a + button but no - button. It has the same effect but nobody would be left with negative kudos.
Maybe. “But your likes are more than my likes”, there will be so many additional ways to hurt each other’s feelings 😢

I think quora uses an upvote downvote system for usefulness of answers. And the most useful answer appears first followed by others. That’s for a service devoted to questions and answers.

Of course, in any case I’ve noticed things seem calmer now. 🤔 Reversion to the mean. Time to sell bickering and buy harmony?
LinusP

Post like/emoji type thing would work well, seems pretty basic? PC validation would be a nightmare...

I also think a few meetups will stop the bickering, Peter?
Trader Pat

gazuty wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:14 am
Of course, in any case I’ve noticed things seem calmer now. 🤔 Reversion to the mean. Time to sell bickering and buy harmony?

Give it time
The Silk Run

I propose love hearts so one can express ones feelings, and share the love. And, I'm being serious, no clickbait attached ....
gazuty

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 pm
gazuty wrote:

Give it time
Contrarian sell calm buy volatility. 😀
Trader Pat

gazuty wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:27 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 pm
gazuty wrote:

Give it time
Contrarian sell calm buy volatility. 😀
:D
Tuco

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:18 pm
I propose love hearts so one can express ones feelings, and share the love. And, I'm being serious, no clickbait attached ....
'Love Hearts' were made by Swizzels Matlow in New Mills, Derbyshire (close to where I lived growing up), and where I had an office and warehouse for a few years in the early-mid 90's.

https://swizzels.com/about/
Kai

gazuty wrote:
I’ve noticed things seem calmer now. 🤔 Reversion to the mean. Time to sell bickering and buy harmony?
Actually this is a bit boring now, can we go back to bickering please?
Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
We're mainly men on here and someone might get the wrong idea. ;)
Last edited by Derek27 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Tuco wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
'Love Hearts' were made by Swizzels Matlow in New Mills, Derbyshire (close to where I lived growing up), and where I had an office and warehouse for a few years in the early-mid 90's.

https://swizzels.com/about/
I used to like love hearts, refreshers, Shebat fountains, etc. But I think they'd make me pretty sick now. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm
mainly men
That's the forum theme song sorted then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLkZTJczirU&t=2s
Last edited by Kai on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion”