A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:48 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:30 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:48 pm
I for one would love to see topless women traders in the markets, just imagine the emotional overreactions :o :o :o :o :o
:o Mods, Kai should be banned for that remark. :)
Topless?? I see what you did there you post-editing horndog, trying to frame a mostly innocent poster. I would never stoop so low as to edit someone's posts!
:lol: I haven't forgotten you framing a post as Luke's, which had some people calling for his ban, until they realised it was you. :lol:
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:22 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:48 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:30 pm

:o Mods, Kai should be banned for that remark. :)
Topless?? I see what you did there you post-editing horndog, trying to frame a mostly innocent poster. I would never stoop so low as to edit someone's posts!
:lol: I haven't forgotten you framing a post as Luke's, which had some people calling for his ban, until they realised it was you. :lol:
Curse your superior memory!!! You may have bested me today but I will have my revenge, eventually :x
rik

Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:12 pm
LinusP wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:05 am
Post like/emoji type thing would work well, seems pretty basic? PC validation would be a nightmare...

I also think a few meetups will stop the bickering, Peter?
Yeah, was heading in that direction before the pandemic hit.
Few people live in/around London?
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 pm
shaun - you always crack me up with your sage observation served warmly!!
A product of another flaw of mine, being passive aggressive. That happens when you're an opinionated b-stard but only 10 stone wet through, you need to tie a big bow around things sometimes. :)
ShaunWhite

rik wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:36 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:12 pm
LinusP wrote:
Post like/emoji type thing would work well, seems pretty basic? PC validation would be a nightmare...

I also think a few meetups will stop the bickering, Peter?
Yeah, was heading in that direction before the pandemic hit.
Few people live in/around London?
I'm in if there is one, I did a 300 mile round trip last time for a few hours but love driving, loved the meet, so it was a win/win. And there was nobody there who wanted to punch me in the face which was a bonus :) Or maybe they did, but just didn't.
alexmr2

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:20 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:03 am
When I was 26 and dating a 55 year old woman she kept saying she would kick me out onto the street to get a proper job because no one makes money from betting/trading
You need to remember that when a mature person says ""no one makes money...." they don't mean nobody, it's just a kinder way of saying you won't. Anyone with kids has been there in some way at one time or another. And so far it looks like she was right?

Thing is you claim to have an understanding of probability but at such a young age you want to put all your eggs in a basket that has an extremely thin chance of success. If you fail you could end up virtually unemployable, condemmed to low paid jobs, and if you do suceeed but only make a good wage rather than a great wage you won't be able to get a mortgage, car loans etc. A 100/1 gamble at this stage in your life is bold, that's why so many of us wait until we're sorted and then take some life gambles.
I understand that people will disuade others from trading, partly because they don't understand it and partly because they care. If someone close to me started trading, I would 100% try and talk them out of it because I know 99% of people don't have the drive and the most likely scenario is as you described. That is not a scenario that overly bothers me because I'm done with the corporate life, I'm much happier living minimalist than working as a corporate slave just so I can afford a Range Rover, designer brands and holidays abroad which would probably add 5-10% happiness to my life. Even in the worst case I have found that some lower paid jobs are more enjoyable and that in the left-wing UK, higher paid jobs are often bad value with long working hours and higher taxes.

Only someone themselves can know if it's the right decision, without going into too much detail my personal circumstances are very aligned with becoming a trader and I'm fortunate to have a substantial safety net behind me. I know it takes a lot of work and managing risk, I'm determined to crack manual pre-off trading but if it doesn't work there are other markets, IP bots, affiliate marketing or some other kind of online business. The world has changed a lot since the internet and there are always ways to adapt.

I've struggled with trading for a while but definitely see improvements all the time so don't see why it won't eventually work out, or I learn something that can be applied elsewhere. Yesterday I made 10% of my bank, saw that the rest of the races were poor so went out a lovely walk in the sun on a whim. The alternative (my previous job as a design engineer) I would be stuck inside at a desk with no option except to stare out at the sun and wish.

Happiness is the only real currency :) I would much rather give it a good go, have some freedom and fail than spend my whole life working up the corporate ladder just so I can drive round in that Range Rover and that 'rarri, revving it up picking up ladies of the night and taking them to the club to throw £20 notes everywhere. When you think how much happiness it would actually add to your life, you will realise the happiness:effort ratio is poor value
ShaunWhite

LinusP wrote:
PC validation would be a nightmare...
I've never been able to get to my PC page presumably because I didn't qualify, this week I can! The 40%+ tot charges explains why I'm not in the PC gang. 187,00 markets isn't in the top league but shows something I suppose.

You'll note the heavily redacted numbers, and I made them as long as possible so the numbers look bigger :)
Screenshot_3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

alexmr2 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:59 pm
the happiness:effort ratio is poor value
I think the phrase is 'work as little as possible for the lifestyle you want'.

Insecurity is something young people (and I'm talking <50) have the luxury of and it allows them to dream. When you can see the end ahead and you realise the state pension is about £150 a week, you might wonder if toeing the line for 20 years, building a pension, buying a house etc might have been worth doing. Gotta get your low level Maslow needs banked.

Graft till 50 and fun after that was always my goal. 32 adult years working, hopefully 32 adult years playing seemed like a doable thing.
LinusP

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 pm
LinusP wrote:
I've never been able to get to my PC page presumably because I didn't qualify, this week I can! The 40%+ tot charges explains why I'm not in the PC gang. 187,00 markets isn't in the top league but shows something I suppose.

You'll note the heavily redacted numbers, and I made them as long as possible so the numbers look bigger :)
Screenshot_3.png
Well there is no negative sign so you get the PC tick :lol:
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
LinusP wrote:

Screenshot_3.png
You've made a good point. People keep banging on about PC, a badge and membership of a club but it's your lifetime gross that really counts.

So you might be paying 40% without ever paying 20%. That would be quite a bummer unless you generally pay a high rate of commission.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
LinusP wrote:

Screenshot_3.png
That would be a useful page to see for my account, but doesn't show for me either. I'm keeping track manually, I believe I have quite a bit of headroom too.
rik

ShaunWhite wrote:

Screenshot_3.png
that commission bar a bit short if thats 41% of the total that cant be more than 7 digits ;)
I guess enjoy no pc as long as it lasts, you seem to be on a good track seeing your profit graph the other day
dropss81

Can Anyone remember this race back in 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnEBeH55s-4

Unbelievable made real
ANGELS15

dropss81 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 pm

Unbelievable made real
Yes and some people were matched at 1000 on McCoy's mount.
wearthefoxhat

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:46 am
dropss81 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 pm

Unbelievable made real
Yes and some people were matched at 1000 on McCoy's mount.

FB1.png
FB.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”