The Oasis

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:31 pm
I do agree with your final paragraph Kai, and Peter's intervention.
Not entirely Oasis, but just finished an Everest climb with some XR members, it was awesome.
To be fair, admins did say many times that they want the forum to self-moderate, so that's sort of what we're all trying to do I think, and nobody is really telling them how to run their own forum but sometimes actual moderator powers do have to be called upon.

The one time I make a thread (and an anti-conspiracy one at that!) it gets filled with this conspiracy crap :lol:

If only there was an offtopic dump thread to put this type of stuff in ffs! :D
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 pm
There is a time and place to discuss most things but I have to agree with the admins when it comes to inflammatory conspiracy theory posts, does more harm than good.
I've been connecting the dots like your diagram and have a theory that the whole oasis thing is subliminal advertising for your Oasis Hotel in Blackpool
Screenshot_20210505-153900_Chrome.jpg
Which would explain your recent graffiti on the seafront
Screenshot_20210505-153629_Gallery.jpg
But I do think this forum is the wrong demographic to advertise Blackpool to, because Derek is too middle class for here and would probably prefer a trip to see the pyramids in Egypt. The last time he visited, his Range Rover got stuck in the sand so he had to walk in the desert until he came across an oasis where he found his edge
Screenshot_20210505-155406_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 pm
There is a time and place to discuss most things but I have to agree with the admins when it comes to inflammatory conspiracy theory posts, does more harm than good.
I've been connecting the dots like your diagram and have a theory that the whole oasis thing is subliminal advertising for your Oasis Hotel in Blackpool
Thanks but I think we already have sufficient proof on how wild your imagination can get :ugeek: So much so that it apparently needs curbing and moderating!
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Not entirely Oasis, but just finished an Everest climb with some XR members, it was awesome.
To be fair, admins did say many times that they want the forum to self-moderate, so that's sort of what we're all trying to do I think, and nobody is really telling them how to run their own forum but sometimes actual moderator powers do have to be called upon.

The one time I make a thread (and an anti-conspiracy one at that!) it gets filled with this conspiracy crap :lol:

Conspiracy theory nonsense is one thing but continuing to pedal the 'belief' that the virus is a hoax in response to somebody who has lost his father to the virus is just trolling of the worst kind and shouldn't have a place anywhere.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:20 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm
The Silk Run wrote:

Conspiracy theory nonsense is one thing but continuing to pedal the 'belief' that the virus is a hoax in response to somebody who has lost his father to the virus is just trolling of the worst kind and shouldn't have a place anywhere.
+100

And I already pointed that in the corona thread when it got locked so this is miles worse, hence my EQ remarks.

Very lucky for Alex that some of us don't wield that banstick.
greenmark

I think the Alex thing should be done now. He's said his piece and retreated. The OP was about how this forum is an Oasis. And I think it is.
Even these lively (?) threads are dwarfed by those asking legitmate guestions and recieving good answers
I'm just impressed/jealous that a forumite has been on Everest (or have I misunderstood?).
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:42 pm
I'm just impressed/jealous that a forumite has been on Everest (or have I misunderstood?).
I was wondering the same thing! :D
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:45 pm
greenmark wrote:
I was wondering the same thing! :D
Absolutely, if true I also encourage Minnie to share some more about this journey with the rest of us, rather than just casually mentioning it like it's no big deal :D Plenty of room around the bonfire :)

Last edited by Kai on Wed May 05, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

:lol:
The Silk Run

greenmark wrote:
I think the Alex thing should be done now. He's said his piece and retreated. The OP was about how this forum is an Oasis. And I think it is.
Even these lively (?) threads are dwarfed by those asking legitmate guestions and recieving good answers
I apologise if I have misled you, and others. It was a VIRTUAL ascent.
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:21 pm
greenmark wrote:
I apologise if I have misled you, and others. It was a VIRTUAL ascent.
Ah well, still a better story than most superhero movies nowadays, thanks for sharing!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Extinct Rebellion members won't get any higher than the roof of a train or aircraft.
gazuty

Kai wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:07 pm

The forum is an oasis of advice in a desert of noise.

This entire original post by Kai is a true masterpiece, well thought out and quite profound. Threads of Plato combined with Kai’s original thinking. Brilliant.

I commend newbies and oldies to reflect and think.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 am
Kai wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:07 pm
The forum is an oasis of advice in a desert of noise.
This entire original post by Kai is a true masterpiece, well thought out and quite profound. Threads of Plato combined with Kai’s original thinking. Brilliant.

I commend newbies and oldies to reflect and think.
Bravo.
If nothing else they should think about how someone with English as a 2nd language knocks grammatical spots off most people who call it their first. Either Kai's smart AF or ..... actually there's no or, Kai's smart AF ;)
Kai

Omg what is this high praise guys ffs, my head won't be able to fit through the door anymore! If I'm so smart why do I keep posting so much dumb stuff :lol: 🤔 Now I kinda regret it started off as a bit of a rant, but am glad if someone else enjoyed it as well 👍 However, I think I shall endeavour to sound more Borat-like from now on, or perhaps more British 😜
gazuty wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 am
Thanks you Gatuzy. Is very nice words. I like. Image
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 am
Bravo.
oi cheers bruv innit mate 🍻

Return to “General discussion”