RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Tuco wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:53 am
I've had enough of my Neteller account - I used to use it with the online bookies to deposit from/withdraw to, but there are loads of better accounts now and Neteller are charging a fee for the privilege of using their card so they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.
Can you tell me more about the fee?

All I know is that they've switched to Euros and no longer handle sterling but they're not charging currency conversion fees in shops. I didn't get charged a fee or have anything deducted from my card, which is fantastic news, but I didn't get that juicy burger either until I got out another card, which defeats the object of having a Neteller card. I just assume it's a minor problem with my card but these constant changes coming in concern me.
Tuco

I think it's only a small annual fee of £9 pa. but with the change to Euros only etc. it's surely better to have a PayPal, Revolut, FairFX and WeSwap card than Neteller.
Derek27

Tuco wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:25 am
I think it's only a small fee of £9 pa. but with the change to Euros only etc. it's surely better to have a PayPal, Revolut, FairFX and WeSwap card than Neteller.
I'm used to the annual fee. I'm not bothered about purchases in euros if it's automatically converted into pounds without charges and my balance and statements are in pounds, it hopefully won't make any difference. We'll find out in the next weeks or months. :?
Tuco

...every single transaction being converted from Euros to Sterling will see Neteller scam you on the exchange rate, unless they're offering the inter-bank exchange rate.

Keep a close eye on your account charges would be my best advice :)
Derek27

Tuco wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:54 am
...every single transaction being converted from Euros to Sterling will see Neteller scam you on the exchange rate, unless they're offering the inter-bank exchange rate.

Keep a close eye on your account charges would be my best advice :)
The information I've been given is that there are no charges for conversion for spending in shops, and if you withdraw from ATMs overseas, withdraw in local currency and ignore any offers to withdraw in your home currency, and you face no charges. But as you say, I'll keep a close eye on it. Nothing should get in between a man and his burger. :)
alexmr2

I've played the same song on Youtube about 8 times today and everytime I start the video it plays the same Novibet advert with annoying music :x what makes these gambling adverts worse is when you are banned from promotions (or would be if you take value from them) anyway. They are just wasting everyones time
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:03 pm
I've played the same song on Youtube about 8 times today and everytime I start the video it plays the same Novibet advert with annoying music :x what makes these gambling adverts worse is when you are banned from promotions (or would be if you take value from them) anyway. They are just wasting everyones time
Good thing about problems is they have solutions, maybe focus on those instead https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mdmb?hl=en
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:03 pm
Good thing about problems is they have solutions, maybe focus on those instead https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mdmb?hl=en
Very clever :) thanks

EDIT: this has made my day :lol:
Derek27

FFS, Guimaraes=Vitória SC! 10 minutes to work it out!!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:47 am
I'm used to the annual fee. I'm not bothered about purchases in euros if it's automatically converted into pounds without charges and my balance and statements are in pounds, it hopefully won't make any difference. We'll find out in the next weeks or months. :?
Don't be fooled by the "no fee, no commission" claims by these people ... nothing is for free! Have a look at the exchange rate they use. That's where you will find the 'fee' hidden.

I knew I was about to make some larger than normal Euro purchases a while ago and having more than one card I asked each to confirm their exchange rate calculation but all they would say is "the exchange rate varies day by day". I could not extract from them the BASIS for the rate they applied so I tried a different approach and asked if they could confirm their rate for yesterday to compare and all they would say is they could not tell me that because in all probability that would not be the rate applied to future purchases.

Either they did not understand simple English, did not know the basis or had been told at no time tell a customer how we work out the exchange rate we use.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:30 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:47 am
Don't be fooled by the "no fee, no commission" claims by these people ... nothing is for free! Have a look at the exchange rate they use. That's where you will find the 'fee' hidden.

I knew I was about to make some larger than normal Euro purchases a while ago and having more than one card I asked each to confirm their exchange rate calculation but all they would say is "the exchange rate varies day by day". I could not extract from them the BASIS for the rate they applied so I tried a different approach and asked if they could confirm their rate for yesterday to compare and all they would say is they could not tell me that because in all probability that would not be the rate applied to future purchases.

Either they did not understand simple English, did not know the basis or had been told at no time tell a customer how we work out the exchange rate we use.
I wasn't talking about Euro transactions but transactions at home. Neteller no longer handles Sterling. Apparently all their transactions are in Euros but my statement is in pounds and so far at least everything appears as normal with my till receipt amounts deducted.
sniffer66

Had a crap day on the footy trading yesterday but was about to make most back on the Antwerp vs Anderlech match - laying the unders. ****ing match ended up voided as it was "Unmanaged" according to BF. Never went properly in-play.

Turned a bad day into a really awful one :evil: :evil:
Derek27

If you watch Sky News this morning, don't worry about the crisis in India or any brutal killings that surface, because there may be some footage of a baby whale in distress. :roll:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:26 am
If you watch Sky News this morning, don't worry about the crisis in India or any brutal killings that surface, because there may be some footage of a baby whale in distress. :roll:
The news is more like a daily Sunday Supplement ... If you sing a song out of tune and claim you spent all lockdown writing it (especially if you haven't been able to see the family dog for a year) you stand as much chance of being a 'news story' as anything else! Bring back Brexit, at least that was interesting with opposing sides at each other's throats.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:26 am
Poor Minke never made it :(

Return to “General discussion”