A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:33 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:11 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 pm
5 days after 'freedom day' and I'm confronted with people (albet a minority at present) in Tescos maskless. Worst of all. My Tesco has an escalator, the trolleys are magnetised so you're stuck wherever you get on.
Two maskless idiots, one with no trolley and within 1 metre of the masked lady in front, conducting a loud conversation with someone she knew 3 metres ahead (also not wearing a mask) all the way up the escalator (perhaps 45 seconds).
So they conducted this loud chat with this poor woman inbetween.
She looked at me and slightly shook her head, I got it straight away and just shrugged. The world contains selfish idiots.
You do know it's a choice? People can be normal, we don't all want to live life treating each other like walking bio weapons. I couldn't care less if someone wants to wear a mask but people that do, seem to think it's their God given right to look down on those that don't. My advice would to be keep your opinions to yourself and don't confront anyone... not unless you're wearing a gum shield behind that mask. People have just about had it with others forcing their desires and opinions upon them and I feel it's going to get nasty before long.
According to ONS 70% intend to maintain mask wearing, social distancing.
So these 'rebels' are out of step with their fellow citizens.
The next few weeks will prove the reality, one way or the other.
And I do care whether someone wears a mask or not.
I wear one to protect those around me. It's a minor inconvenience.
I wish you well :-)
Yeah, time will tell. Maybe it'll be different though depending on the class of area. Personally where I am it's the minority that are wearing a mask. I don't shake my head or tut though... I simply let them live their fear in peace.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:36 pm
greenmark wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:11 pm

You do know it's a choice? People can be normal, we don't all want to live life treating each other like walking bio weapons. I couldn't care less if someone wants to wear a mask but people that do, seem to think it's their God given right to look down on those that don't. My advice would to be keep your opinions to yourself and don't confront anyone... not unless you're wearing a gum shield behind that mask. People have just about had it with others forcing their desires and opinions upon them and I feel it's going to get nasty before long.
Yeah, time will tell. Maybe it'll be different though depending on the class of area. Personally where I am it's the minority that are wearing a mask. I don't shake my head or tut though... I simply let them live their fear in peace.
Would you feel ok saying whereabouts you are?
I'm in Chesterfield and the cases graph at the moment is vertically up.
This puzzles me. I monitor Edinburgh, Midlothian, Fife etc, and their curve is plummeting as fast as it rose.
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

This puzzles me. I monitor Edinburgh, Midlothian, Fife etc, and their curve is plummeting as fast as it rose.
I'm in Stoke. Probably the curve is vertical here but I'm far from convinced anybody gives two flying...

Personally I hope to never see them again for as long as I live but I don’t hold much faith in my hopes. Winter lockdowns and mandatory masks will soon be here again, regardless of nearly 70% of UK adults being fully vaccinated and regardless of how we act now. I have to ask myself, what's the point in all the effort that has been put in if we don't have one eye on our norms? Taking the masks off is like dipping our toes in the water.... I've always been one of those people that dive head first though. Luckily I managed to avoid the shallow end this far.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:00 pm
greenmark wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I'm in Stoke. Probably the curve is vertical here but I'm far from convinced anybody gives two flying...

Personally I hope to never see them again for as long as I live but I don’t hold much faith in my hopes. Winter lockdowns and mandatory masks will soon be here again, regardless of nearly 70% of UK adults being fully vaccinated and regardless of how we act now. I have to ask myself, what's the point in all the effort that has been put in if we don't have one eye on our norms? Taking the masks off is like dipping our toes in the water.... I've always been one of those people that dive head first though. Luckily I managed to avoid the shallow end this far.
Ok. Been round Stoke so I kind of understand compliance would be way down on the priority list. Not saying Stoke is 100% bad, but i recognise there might be some resistance to edicts from Boris et al.
Anyhow. Stay as safe as you feel necessary. Peace. And lets hope all this crap becomes a seaonal flu virus!
alexmr2

greenmark wrote:
I've never worn a mask or taken the jabs and I'm still alive
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:00 pm
greenmark wrote:

Ok. Been round Stoke so I kind of understand compliance would be way down on the priority list. Not saying Stoke is 100% bad, but i recognise there might be some resistance to edicts from Boris et al.
Anyhow. Stay as safe as you feel necessary. Peace. And lets hope all this crap becomes a seaonal flu virus!
You too! Live & let live ;)
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:21 pm
greenmark wrote:
I've never insured my home contents and have never been burgled. Burglers don't really exist. It's just an agenda pushed by insurance companies, Bill Gates obviously the major shareholder. :)
jamesg46

alexmr2 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:21 pm
greenmark wrote:
I've not been jabbed & don't intend on being jabbed either. I've survived 45,000 variants in the past 12 months without even a runny nose so I'm sure my immune system is more than capable. As for people who choose to get jabbed, whatever it's their choice... I just wish they would stop with their focus on those who have chosen not to.

One other thing to rant about, I wish they would stop sending me letters and text messages. It's getting to the point where it's basically harassment. Like a woman that says no to a bloke but the bloke keeps on at her anyway in an attempt to heckle her into submitting to his wishes. I've never in my life been in a situation where someone or thing has wanted to penetrate me so desperately :lol:
greenmark

Is a building being hit by lightening REALLY worthy of the BBC 6pm news?
24.2 million dwellings in England. What is in the minds of the BBC news editors?
alexmr2

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:53 pm
24.2 million dwellings in England. What is in the minds of the BBC news editors?
Anything to cover up the hundreds of thousands protesting in London again
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:09 pm
greenmark wrote:
There are happy stories on the news Alex, like the missing 11 year old thats been found. Or is that fake news to cover up the protest as well?
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:42 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
There are happy stories on the news Alex, like the missing 11 year old thats been found. Or is that fake news to cover up the protest as well?
Alex got you hook, line and sinker. :-) The foe list setting is jolly useful. :-)
I only see Alex's output if another forumite quotes him/her/it.
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:42 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Is that really newsworthy? There are millions of kids in the UK so statistically many go missing and are found all the time
Trader Pat

alexmr2 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Hundreds of thousands?

A Trumpian exaggeration
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:42 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Hundreds of thousands?

A Trumpian exaggeration
Now there's a phrase purely of our times. Thank the lord he was and remains over the pond. Hopefully, he'll fizzle out like a rubbish firework.

Return to “General discussion”