RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:05 am
My new 44 year old gf (I'm 28) dumped me a while after the 3rd date. Women are similar to markets in that a few reliable indicators and confirmations can line up but they still do the opposite of what you thought when you least expect it! :?
Sounds to me like you've made a similar error to that of what most do in a market. You became too attached... "my new gf","3rd date". She's 48 and probably realistic about the long term prospect of a relationship with a 28 yo. She may have JUST wanted some fun with a younger man, or maybe it could have been that when the fun began you were like the bomber ;) .

My mother works in a bank full of middle aged woman, she told me that they're all disgusting. Everytime any new young male starts working there the older woman trip over one another to be first in line. She told me that I wouldn't believe some of things these woman talk about. Long story short anyway, guys tend to go limp in their 40s or 50s and from what I gather, a womans sex drive doesn't die with their partners penis.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:34 am
alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:05 am
My new 44 year old gf (I'm 28) dumped me a while after the 3rd date. Women are similar to markets in that a few reliable indicators and confirmations can line up but they still do the opposite of what you thought when you least expect it! :?
I was once dumped by a (two-timing bitch of a) girlfriend 15 years older than me but I recently ditched a girlfriend 28 years younger than me. :P

I've noticed you relate every discussion however remote from trading, to trading. Were you doing this on your third date? ;)

There is a contradiction in saying that "a few reliable indicators and confirmations can line up but they still do the opposite of what you thought". If they do the opposite of what you thought they can't be reliable. Most of the time with women (not that I'm very experienced with them), when you get the wrong signals it's your dick thinking instead of your brain. :lol:

I live by similiar rules for relationships and trading.

The most important ones are
  • Diversification. Making sure to trade more than one market and not keeping all my eggs in one basket.
  • Don't chase losses. I've never understood the idea of having to work hard to make a relationship work. Why bother? If you're married or have kids its a different story but if it's something casual why should it be hard work? Relationships are like greyhound races, if you want one there'll be another along in a few minutes. And that's what keeps life interesting, you don't know what you're going to get next.
  • Always use a stop loss This one I don't use in trading but its probably the most important one for relationships. Once the fizz is gone, just go get another bottle of pop!
ANGELS15

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:36 pm
Some flipping wanker chucked a leaking 4-pint bottle of milk in my rubbish bin. :x :x
The tossers that do this don't realise the trouble they cause as this may mean the bin-men refuse to collect your bin.
Derek27

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:47 am
Derek27 wrote:
Some flipping wanker chucked a leaking 4-pint bottle of milk in my rubbish bin. :x :x
The tossers that do this don't realise the trouble they cause as this may mean the bin-men refuse to collect your bin.
The bin had just been emptied and was left by the roadside. Nobody chucks food in their kitchen bin without a bin liner in place. I've had this problem before when I used to share bins with my neighbours - the twats would chuck food in the rubbish bin. The stench would become unbearable.
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:55 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
The bin had just been emptied and was left by the roadside. Nobody chucks food in their kitchen bin without a bin liner in place. I've had this problem before when I used to share bins with my neighbours - the twats would chuck food in the rubbish bin. The stench would become unbearable.
Im trying to teach the kids about the blue bin and black black bin… however

They can get A’s in a GCSE but can’t work out what goes in what bin…

Better still… when they leave something for the bin, next to the bin in the kitchen side.

No common sense what so ever
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:55 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
And I thought someone replacing my pristine blue bin bottle basket with their stinky, skanky, broken-handled version was something worth ranting about.
Lucky, lucky me!
Derek27

I've just installed Total Adblock to block ads and popups. I visit a site and it displays a popup telling me how many ads it blocked! :x
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:53 am
I've just installed Total Adblock to block ads and popups. I visit a site and it displays a popup telling me how many ads it blocked! :x
Stay off the filth sites. 😂
weemac

Spent a full 2 hours last night changing settings, deleting things, re-creating accounts, getting codes, emails, text messages, googling, youtubing, reading forums etc., simply to stop being forced to enter a PIN or password when I switch on my laptop. Why on earth isn't there a simple button in settings to override the stupid thing?
Derek27

This has made my life a little bit easier.

I don't care about cookies

There's probably an equivalent add-on for other browsers.
Derek27

It's still doing it! What is the flipping point of an ad blocker with a popup to tell you it's blocked an ad?? :roll:
Derek27

Brilliant idea that Go Henry VISA card for kids. Let your parents know every time you spend money on cigarettes or shop at your local off licence. :lol:
Derek27

Just missed an opportunity because I couldn't find my flipping mouse pointer on the screen. And while I'm here, how about a £100 fine for drivers and riders of vehicles that misfire after 11 pm?
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:42 pm
Just missed an opportunity because I couldn't find my flipping mouse pointer on the screen. And while I'm here, how about a £100 fine for drivers and riders of vehicles that misfire after 11 pm?
Servants programed to specific key's is the future Derek.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:42 pm
Servants programed to specific key's is the future Derek.
No servant can be programmed to place a bet where a manual trader wants it at a particular time, unless it can connect to your brain.

While I'm here again (it's now two rants per post :lol: ), apparently, there's an easy way of avoiding extradition. Just refuse to leave your cell!! :roll:

Prince Andrew, take note.

Return to “General discussion”