RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:10 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:35 pm
Idiot shelf-stackers, block the beer aisle at both ends!!
In Scotland shops block all alcohol aisles with fences between 10pm and 10am every day and if you try to buy some between those times it crashes the till
They used to do that over here, you couldn't buy alcohol at certain times on a Sunday. Eventually one of the regulators sobered up and realised just because people buy alcohol it doesn't mean they intend to drink it immediately. :)
Derek27

Went to bed at 3pm, got up at 10-30pm. Not only did I miss the only tradable match, I've missed my beer delivery as well. :(
Naffman

So the BHA and all the racecourses have rainbow flags and armbands which is great but then they let bullying of a young woman to happen so blatantly, maybe get your own house in order first before you start saying how inclusive you are!
greenmark

Note to self.
Don't pick up oven safe pan, 1 minute after removiing from oven - without oven glove. Ouchy ouch!!!!
stueytrader

Anyone else waiting on a covid booster when should have had it already?
My missus is same age as me, been given her booster date - nothing for me, meanwhile people all around me planning to go out/come over, etc etc, just because it's bloomin christmas! :evil:

Just add, I'm fairly bad asthmatic, but appaprantly that makes me no higher up this list either.
Realrocknrolla

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:35 pm
Note to self.
Don't pick up oven safe pan, 1 minute after removiing from oven - without oven glove. Ouchy ouch!!!!
Ouch.

Double Ouch!
greenmark

stueytrader wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:40 pm
My missus is same age as me, been given her booster date - nothing for me, meanwhile people all around me planning to go out/come over, etc etc, just because it's bloomin christmas! :evil:
Keep looking, several times a day. It's really a rapidly changing environment.
I bagged a booster and miss-timed my walk, so arrived 40 mnutes early. They welcomed me and had me through in no time. But they did insist on me sitting around afterwards for 10 minutes. That was new.
stueytrader

greenmark wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:47 pm
stueytrader wrote:
I bagged a booster and miss-timed my walk, so arrived 40 mnutes early. They welcomed me and had me through in no time. But they did insist on me sitting around afterwards for 10 minutes. That was new.
The big question is where do you 'look'? I was told you have to wait for a letter?
Dallas

stueytrader wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:54 pm
greenmark wrote:
stueytrader wrote:
The big question is where do you 'look'? I was told you have to wait for a letter?
You can book it on the website
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... r-vaccine/

I booked mine a few weeks ago as soon as I got to 5months and got an appointment for Jan, I then checked back Wednesday evening after they updated the site to allow bookings after 3mths and got an appointment for the following afternoon.
stueytrader

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:11 pm
stueytrader wrote:
greenmark wrote:

I booked mine a few weeks ago as soon as I got to 5months and got an appointment for Jan, I then checked back Wednesday evening after they updated the site to allow bookings after 3mths and got an appointment for the following afternoon.
Unfortunately, I'm in Wales and I don't think they have that bookings system here. We are told to wait for a letter, apparently. The irony is I'm actually English though, wish I lived there now!
Dallas

stueytrader wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:22 pm
Dallas wrote:
stueytrader wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm in Wales and I don't think they have that bookings system here. We are told to wait for a letter, apparently. The irony is I'm actually English though, wish I lived there now!
Ah OK, hopefully you'll get your letter soon then
Realrocknrolla

stueytrader wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:22 pm
Dallas wrote:
stueytrader wrote:

Where in Wales? i love Mid Wales
stueytrader

Cheers Dallas, yep hoping for sure - what I don't understand is why my wife got hers, and we both got same day for last two times, that's what got me this time - she's had hers a week ago and me diddly squat showing.

I'm in south wales RocknRolla - the big smoke of wales, Cardiff. It's a nice enough place usually, just not good at organising these jabs it seems!
Derek27

The queen's devastated that he has to miss church!! I've missed it for the last 35 years. :lol:
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:48 pm
The queen's devastated that he has to miss church!! I've missed it for the last 35 years. :lol:
Scale of 1 to 10 for a drunk loner, I’m giving you a 10.

Return to “General discussion”