RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Christopher Chope MP: Most right-minded people will say we should accept that [BJ's] apology. :lol:
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:56 pm
I think he's a wanker but otherwise, an intelligent man who realises his military can't take on the world. The two things that concern me are firstly, if he is or ever becomes impotent he may see nuclear ballistic missiles as a substitute for a hard-on. Secondly, he might keep changing the law to extend his time in office until he's 90 and senile, in which case he may well start WW3.
There's a lot of anti-Russian and anti-China bias/underreporting in the media. While our 'news' was full of trivia the rest of the world were reasonably pleased with ....(below). It's not exactly total disarmament but I think it's the most positive news for years ...it was all over the radio news but not a mention on TV.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/rus ... 022-01-03/
MOSCOW/WASHINGTON, Jan 3 (Reuters) - China, Russia, Britain, the United States and France have agreed that a further spread of nuclear arms and a nuclear war should be avoided, according to a joint statement by the five nuclear powers published by the Kremlin on Monday.

It said that the five countries - which are the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council - consider it their primary responsibility to avoid war between the nuclear states and to reduce strategic risks, while aiming to work with all countries to create an atmosphere of security.

"We affirm that a nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought," the English-language version of the statement read.

"As nuclear use would have far-reaching consequences, we also affirm that nuclear weapons — for as long as they continue to exist — should serve defensive purposes, deter aggression, and prevent war."
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:08 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:56 pm
I think he's a wanker but otherwise, an intelligent man who realises his military can't take on the world. The two things that concern me are firstly, if he is or ever becomes impotent he may see nuclear ballistic missiles as a substitute for a hard-on. Secondly, he might keep changing the law to extend his time in office until he's 90 and senile, in which case he may well start WW3.
There's a lot of anti-Russian and anti-China bias/underreporting in the media. While our 'news' was full of trivia the rest of the world were reasonably pleased with ....(below). It's not exactly total disarmament but I think it's the most positive news for years ...it was all over the radio news but not a mention on TV.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/rus ... 022-01-03/
MOSCOW/WASHINGTON, Jan 3 (Reuters) - China, Russia, Britain, the United States and France have agreed that a further spread of nuclear arms and a nuclear war should be avoided, according to a joint statement by the five nuclear powers published by the Kremlin on Monday.

It said that the five countries - which are the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council - consider it their primary responsibility to avoid war between the nuclear states and to reduce strategic risks, while aiming to work with all countries to create an atmosphere of security.

"We affirm that a nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought," the English-language version of the statement read.

"As nuclear use would have far-reaching consequences, we also affirm that nuclear weapons — for as long as they continue to exist — should serve defensive purposes, deter aggression, and prevent war."
I have slight reservations about trusting a nation that claims two of their soldiers thought Salisbury cathedral was so exciting they travelled all the way to the UK in their holiday time and attempted two visits (abandoning the first mission because it was raining!), and on the second mission coincidentally walked past Skripal's house, where Novichok was left on the door handle, a substance that's only manufactured in the nation from which they were from.

Same reservations about nations where high-profile sportswomen disappear when they make sexual abuse allegations against high-ranking former government staff, not to mention threats to "nuke" a neighbouring island off the face of the earth. :)
Derek27

When you ask for your cigarettes and they start fumbling about as though they don't have them in stock, it's almost as nerve-racking as a penalty when you've placed your account balance on unders!
Derek27

Andrew Windsor's said to be devastated that the Queen's stripped him of all the titles he didn't earn but was given due to his status. I'm equally devastated that she didn't give them to me. :)
ShaunWhite

...and today Nadine Dorries is backpedelling about her big BBC announcment and just saying there should be a "discussion". I don't understand it, the govt are usually so trustworthy and professional. :roll:

Todays twist is to starve the Beeb of funds by freezing the licence fee to "help us all "keep the cost of living down which is kind of her. An ignoramus like her would probably set fire to the British library to keep us all warm.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:52 pm
...and today Nadine Dorries is backpedelling about her big BBC announcment and just saying there should be a "discussion". I don't understand it, the govt are usually so trustworthy and professional. :roll:

Todays twist is to starve the Beeb of funds by freezing the licence fee to "help us all "keep the cost of living down which is kind of her. An ignoramus like her would probably set fire to the British library to keep us all warm.
She also believes BJ did nothing wrong by partying through the lockdown. So much anger around, I reckon all who support him will pay a price at the ballot box.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:46 pm
She also believes BJ did nothing wrong by partying through the lockdown. So much anger around, I reckon all who support him will pay a price at the ballot box.
People will be choosing the best of the worst. I don't recall a time with two equally piss poor alternatives.
Derek27

It's annoying when you change channel and the volume changes!
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:55 pm
It's annoying when you change channel and the volume changes!
Derek27

Rishi Sunak says he believes the PM really doesn't know the difference between a work event and a piss-up. :lol:
ShaunWhite

Is my household alone in having to ffwd through the first 2mins of every program because we DON'T want to see what's coming up in the next hour?
greenmark

I'm sorry this guy has died but does it warrant front and centre on the BBC?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60054237

I don't even know who he is?
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:44 pm

It's clearly a slow news day in the arts and entertainment dept. But I'm sure as many people are interested in him as there are people interested in some of the other obscure stuff like minor sports results. It's the combination of breadth and depth of BBC news output that makes it exceptional and unique.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:44 pm

It does to someone who watches Moon Knight, whatever that is. :)

Return to “General discussion”