"Pre-Off" trading In-Running (US-Horse Racing)

A place to discuss anything.
lotora

I sold "The Pharaos Girl" Pre-Off to odds 2.76, which was later sold/bought by others for as low as 1.01 Pre-Off. Of course, the race had already started by then, but without Betfair realising it. When a race "accidentally" goes in-running, take SP won't work, and that's very risky for 100%-automatically traders like me.

What's the rules when Betfair fucks up like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Sometimes BF go back and reverse all this out and void all bets (at least post the off) once they work out the exact time of the off.

That race was a "loser" for me, probably because of that issue. Oh well ...
lotora

Email reply from Betfair Support:

"Horseracing and greyhound racing markets - not suspending at the time of the 'off'
• In relation to markets which are scheduled to be turned in-play, Betfair aims to use its reasonable endeavours to turn such markets in-play at the time of the 'off'. The time of the 'off' for such markets should be set out in the Market Information. However, regardless of what it says in the Market Information, Betfair does not guarantee that such markets will be suspended and turned in-play at the time of the 'off'.
• If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not, at the official time of the “off”, either (i) turn such market in-play or (ii) suspend the market and cancel unmatched bets, all bets matched after the official time of the “off” will be void.
• If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at the time of the “off” (so unmatched bets are not cancelled at that time), but the market is intentionally turned in-play at a later time during the event, all bets matched after the official time of the “off” will stand, except for Australian Horse Racing, where all bets matched after the “off” but before the point in time that Betfair turns the market in-play, will be void."

Return to “General discussion”