RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
alexmr2

greenmark wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:50 pm
I should own up. I tried smoking once, didn't like it. I have only been troubled by smoking via friends/family I wished would stop and the non-smokers gripe of getting home after a night out and your clothes reeking of smoke. But I have too many family/friends to sling anti-smoking arrows.
But I do wish you would stop.
If a genie came out of a lamp would you really waste the only wish on making someone from a forum on the internet stop smoking?

I would use it on something more useful like to make myself rich
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:48 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:50 pm
I should own up. I tried smoking once, didn't like it. I have only been troubled by smoking via friends/family I wished would stop and the non-smokers gripe of getting home after a night out and your clothes reeking of smoke. But I have too many family/friends to sling anti-smoking arrows.
But I do wish you would stop.
If a genie came out of a lamp would you really waste the only wish on making someone from a forum on the internet stop smoking?

I would use it on something more useful like to make myself rich
He doesn't have one wish. He has as many wishes as he wants.
Derek27

First it was heating or eating, then eating or feeding your dog, eating or drinking, drinking or smoking, now it's shampoo or washing powder, FFS!
Derek27

Senior safety consultant resigns from Shell Oil because of the harm it's doing to the planet!

You'd think he'd realise that when he joined the company!!
Derek27

I get really pissed off when the energy cap is expressed in terms of an average consumer, which is completely meaningless. They should accompany it with the maximum unit and standing charge is.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:05 pm
I get really pissed off when the energy cap is expressed in terms of an average consumer, which is completely meaningless. They should accompany it with the maximum unit and standing charge is.
I'd pity the news readers/reporters who had to reel off every regional variation of the unit & SC rate for both Gas and Elec :)

Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:15 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:05 pm
I'd pity the news readers/reporters who had to reel off every regional variation of the unit & SC rate for both Gas and Elec :)

Untitled.jpg
Don't quite understand how they can have a price cap of £2800 or whatever it is, for the nation when the individual areas have different rates, but those rates look pretty similar to me. Just say gas is between 7.28 and 7.48 pence per kWh and electricity is 27.09 and 29.63 pence.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:15 pm
They've done more boring things than that before. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMcjbmniC8
Emmson

I'm seeing horrific reports about the latest shooting spree in US involving very young children that are not much older than toddlers. :evil:
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:58 pm
I'm seeing horrific reports about the latest shooting spree in US involving very young children that are not much older than toddlers. :evil:
I've just seen it, it followed the news about the boy who killed a 12-year-old girl in 'self-defence' and the evil couple that murdered their 3-year-old child!

Mass shootings in the US seem commonplace now. The theory about the right to be armed is that ten armed goodies can defeat one armed baddie. The problem is the goodies arm themselves with a mobile phone and laptop before they go to work as they're not intent on killing anyone, leaving only the baddies armed. :roll:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:43 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:58 pm
I've just seen it, it followed the news about the boy who killed a 12-year-old girl in 'self-defence' and the evil couple that murdered their 3-year-old child!

Mass shootings in the US seem commonplace now. The theory about the right to be armed is that ten armed goodies can defeat one armed baddie. The problem is the goodies arm themselves with a mobile phone and laptop before they go to work as they're not intent on killing anyone, leaving only the baddies armed. :roll:
Well they're the greatest nation in the world apparently :?

I've never understood by what metric they measure that but they keep saying it so it must be true.
Derek27

I'm getting tired of US presidents pretending to be upset about children getting shot dead. Biden says it's wrong that an 18-year-old can go into a shop and buy a gun. Obama said much the same when Biden was vice president. Why don't they just accept that there's nothing they can do about it?

Americans have a right to bear arms. :roll:
Archery1969

Blimey Ray Liotta died. :oops:
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:25 pm
Blimey Ray Liotta died. :oops:
Somebody's passing isn't really something to rant about. ;)

He went to bed and never woke up, that's the way I'd like to go, when you think of all the alternatives But 67 these days is quite early.
Derek27

Cook for 2 minutes a side if it's a thin fillet!!

FFS, how many millimetres is thin???

Return to “General discussion”