boris and rishi partygate fines

A place to discuss anything.
Post Reply
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Looks like it's game over.

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Labour trading at 1.01 but Louise Haigh only "hopeful" that they've won!
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Johnson admits that his frequent humiliation is "normal". :D
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Johnson says it's absolutely fine to attack him, that's his job. :D
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Johnson blames the by-election results on "people absolutely fed up of hearing about things that I stuffed up".

The ones that were sick of hearing about it voted Conservative, Mr Johnson!
greenmark
Posts: 2458
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:09 pm
Johnson blames the by-election results on "people absolutely fed up of hearing about things that I stuffed up".

The ones that were sick of hearing about it voted Conservative, Mr Johnson!
An astonishing admission from a PM. Imagine Thatcher, Major, Cameron, Blair et al confessing to mistakes?
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:09 pm
Johnson blames the by-election results on "people absolutely fed up of hearing about things that I stuffed up".

The ones that were sick of hearing about it voted Conservative, Mr Johnson!
An astonishing admission from a PM. Imagine Thatcher, Major, Cameron, Blair et al confessing to mistakes?
Technically, he didn't confess to anything. It was his best attempt to admit to making mistakes but he couldn't help dropping in the words "hearing about", so he only admitted to people hearing about his mistakes, rather than acknowledging he made them. Even if it is taken as an admission, given the sheer volume of evidence against him, it's hardly astonishing.
greenmark
Posts: 2458
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:54 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:09 pm
Johnson blames the by-election results on "people absolutely fed up of hearing about things that I stuffed up".

The ones that were sick of hearing about it voted Conservative, Mr Johnson!
An astonishing admission from a PM. Imagine Thatcher, Major, Cameron, Blair et al confessing to mistakes?
Technically, he didn't confess to anything. It was his best attempt to admit to making mistakes but he couldn't help dropping in the words "hearing about", so he only admitted to people hearing about his mistakes, rather than acknowledging he made them. Even if it is taken as an admission, given the sheer volume of evidence against him, it's hardly astonishing.
"I stuffed up" is a an admission to failing. Surely? And I wonder what's his angle. Prostrating himself before overwhelming criticism in the hope that "opinion" will be swayed, or genuine desire to admit to frailty in the hope of being able to complete his agenda? His agenda is now unclear to me.
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:33 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:54 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:24 pm


An astonishing admission from a PM. Imagine Thatcher, Major, Cameron, Blair et al confessing to mistakes?
Technically, he didn't confess to anything. It was his best attempt to admit to making mistakes but he couldn't help dropping in the words "hearing about", so he only admitted to people hearing about his mistakes, rather than acknowledging he made them. Even if it is taken as an admission, given the sheer volume of evidence against him, it's hardly astonishing.
"I stuffed up" is a an admission to failing. Surely? And I wonder what's his angle. Prostrating himself before overwhelming criticism in the hope that "opinion" will be swayed, or genuine desire to admit to frailty in the hope of being able to complete his agenda? His agenda is now unclear to me.
He said people are fed up with hearing about it, it's not a clear admission, and knowing his mindset I'm pretty sure he's convinced he hasn't done much wrong and it's people's perceptions.

I'd guess his angle is that he wants to move on and the resemblance of an admission will make people forget about it. He's deluded into thinking that the nation on the whole wants him to get on with the job instead of resigning even though nearly half of his own MPs made it clear they want him to go!
greenmark
Posts: 2458
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:46 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:33 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:54 pm


Technically, he didn't confess to anything. It was his best attempt to admit to making mistakes but he couldn't help dropping in the words "hearing about", so he only admitted to people hearing about his mistakes, rather than acknowledging he made them. Even if it is taken as an admission, given the sheer volume of evidence against him, it's hardly astonishing.
"I stuffed up" is a an admission to failing. Surely? And I wonder what's his angle. Prostrating himself before overwhelming criticism in the hope that "opinion" will be swayed, or genuine desire to admit to frailty in the hope of being able to complete his agenda? His agenda is now unclear to me.
He said people are fed up with hearing about it, it's not a clear admission, and knowing his mindset I'm pretty sure he's convinced he hasn't done much wrong and it's people's perceptions.

I'd guess his angle is that he wants to move on and the resemblance of an admission will make people forget about it. He's deluded into thinking that the nation on the whole wants him to get on with the job instead of resigning even though nearly half of his own MPs made it clear they want him to go!
BJ is the weirdest PM ever in my life. Game show buffoon. How ddi he ever become PM. But in his defence, he has been confronted by the the worst crises since WW2.
Anyhow he's still there. Quite what the pro's and con's of him staying are, I don't know. But I definitely get the feeling that the vultures in the Tory party have been circling for a while.
And it's not if, but when he'll be gone and who replaces him.
Archery1969
Posts: 1682
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 am

I thought it was interesting that BJ said he would resign if he thought he could no longer help Ukraine.

He always talks about how much he admired Mrs T.

Maybe, just maybe he is thinking back to when she was in the shit from the country and her MP's but turned things around by having a war, falklands.

Is it madness to think he might rapidly push Russia into attacking a UK interest overseas or if those 2 UK citizens are executed justify that for attacking Russia itself, we all know what a rat does when its cornered.

What better way to get the country thinking/talking about something else, WW3 ?
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:05 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:46 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:33 pm

"I stuffed up" is a an admission to failing. Surely? And I wonder what's his angle. Prostrating himself before overwhelming criticism in the hope that "opinion" will be swayed, or genuine desire to admit to frailty in the hope of being able to complete his agenda? His agenda is now unclear to me.
He said people are fed up with hearing about it, it's not a clear admission, and knowing his mindset I'm pretty sure he's convinced he hasn't done much wrong and it's people's perceptions.

I'd guess his angle is that he wants to move on and the resemblance of an admission will make people forget about it. He's deluded into thinking that the nation on the whole wants him to get on with the job instead of resigning even though nearly half of his own MPs made it clear they want him to go!
BJ is the weirdest PM ever in my life. Game show buffoon. How ddi he ever become PM.
It's a complete mystery. Even more mystifying is how so many people are still supporting him!
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:05 pm
Quite what the pro's and con's of him staying are, I don't know.
That's easy. There are no pros, the con is he'll lead the country down the shithole.
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:05 pm
And it's not if, but when he'll be gone and who replaces him.
Who cares? As long as he's gone. :D
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:08 pm
Is it madness to think he might rapidly push Russia into attacking a UK interest overseas or if those 2 UK citizens are executed justify that for attacking Russia itself, we all know what a rat does when its cornered.

What better way to get the country thinking/talking about something else, WW3 ?
I never thought about it, but definitely not. That selfish git would do anything he can to keep his job, including starting a war with Russia. Then his supporters will say, "He can't resign now, we're at war!".
Archery1969
Posts: 1682
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 am

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:25 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:08 pm
Is it madness to think he might rapidly push Russia into attacking a UK interest overseas or if those 2 UK citizens are executed justify that for attacking Russia itself, we all know what a rat does when its cornered.

What better way to get the country thinking/talking about something else, WW3 ?
I never thought about it, but definitely not. That selfish git would do anything he can to keep his job, including starting a war with Russia. Then his supporters will say, "He can't resign now, we're at war!".
I been thinking about it allot since I saw that interview. He seemed very solume, unusually so, like he knows something worse is coming, even if it’s him that makes the situation worse.

Think I am right in saying if those 2 citizens are executed then he does not need parliaments permission to strike back as secrecy will be key in launching an attack plus I think you can delay a general election in times of crisis or war.

Those visits to Ukraine got me thinking, what has he signed upto that we don’t know about.

Derek, remember when you said you hoped someone would be brave enough to prevent Trump launching a nuclear attack ? Maybe you were right but talking about the wrong person.

I am not saying Russia shouldn’t be punished if those 2 are executed but without sounding harsh creating WW3 as a consequence would be a step to far and potentially fuck the entire planet up for decades.

Some would say BJ was never right in the head but I do believe something changed after he got Covid. Could have affected him mentally.

Might be worth the Tory party or Parliament having him sectioned for his and our own good.
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:01 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:25 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:08 pm
Is it madness to think he might rapidly push Russia into attacking a UK interest overseas or if those 2 UK citizens are executed justify that for attacking Russia itself, we all know what a rat does when its cornered.

What better way to get the country thinking/talking about something else, WW3 ?
I never thought about it, but definitely not. That selfish git would do anything he can to keep his job, including starting a war with Russia. Then his supporters will say, "He can't resign now, we're at war!".
I been thinking about it allot since I saw that interview. He seemed very solume, unusually so, like he knows something worse is coming, even if it’s him that makes the situation worse.

Think I am right in saying if those 2 citizens are executed then he does not need parliaments permission to strike back as secrecy will be key in launching an attack plus I think you can delay a general election in times of crisis or war.

Those visits to Ukraine got me thinking, what has he signed upto that we don’t know about.

Derek, remember when you said you hoped someone would be brave enough to prevent Trump launching a nuclear attack ? Maybe you were right but talking about the wrong person.

I am not saying Russia shouldn’t be punished if those 2 are executed but without sounding harsh creating WW3 as a consequence would be a step to far and potentially fuck the entire planet up for decades.

Some would say BJ was never right in the head but I do believe something changed after he got Covid. Could have affected him mentally.

Might be worth the Tory party or Parliament having him sectioned for his and our own good.
The Tory party can't do it. 211 of their own MPs need to be sectioned under the mental health Act. :lol:
Post Reply

Return to “General discussion”