RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

She said she'll tell the team and five minutes later the match was unsuspended, no way of knowing if it would have happened anyway.
Derek27

Who cares about the Premiership anyway? It's Saturday afternoon in the US. :D
ShaunWhite

I've just been booking some flights and can't believe what budget airlines charge for a suitcase, and lately that's the big problem at airports. It's actually cheaper to send your luggage by DHL.... With the bonus it's at the hotel when you get there, and no carrying it on either leg of the journey.

It's also a wind up that I've got to pay for a 20kg suitcase then sit next to someone who weighs 30kg more than me.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:38 pm
I've just been booking some flights and can't believe what budget airlines charge for a suitcase, and lately that's the big problem at airports. It's actually cheaper to send your luggage by DHL.... With the bonus it's at the hotel when you get there, and no carrying it on either leg of the journey.

It's also a wind up that I've got to pay for a 20kg suitcase then sit next to someone who weighs 30kg more than me.
They should charge passengers by the kilo. :)
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:08 pm
Fly-tippers should be castrated. I always thought my road looks like a rubbish tip but on my way back from the supermarket I realised it's flipping everywhere!
My council's just invited me to have my say on fly-tipping. :D
Derek27

I'm gonna have to find a good book to read while waiting for a US match to start. :x
Derek27

Yesterday some idiot dumped a fairy heavy parcel in my garden, for my neighbour. I promptly gave it to him. This afternoon, after a night of heavy rain, I eagerly opened my water butt expecting it to be full only to find it empty. The flipping dickhead knocked the tap off the water butt when he dropped the parcel!

Probably explains why he never left my neighbour a card saying where the parcel is. He heard the water pissing out and scarpered!
Emmson

Bought a 16 pack of budget crisps from Aldi less than 24 hours ago and have consumed all of them :x
jimibt

Emmson wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm
Bought a 16 pack of budget crisps from Aldi less than 24 hours ago and have consumed all of them :x
on the plus side - you smashed the use by date!! :D
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm
🤮🤮 :lol:

Saving grace, 16 packs of budget crisps = 3 50g packs. :)
Derek27

Lewis Hamilton, who campaigns himself against discrimination, is questioning why we give a platform to "older voices", referring to Nelson Piquet!!!

Let's ban David Attenborough from TV. He's much too old to be allowed a platform or have any understanding of us younger folk. :roll:
Derek27

Laid under 3.5. Two quick goals in the 5th and 6th minute left me in a position with little more to gain so I greened up. Then I realised there was nothing else to trade until 23:00. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:00 pm
Lewis Hamilton, who campaigns himself against discrimination, is questioning why we give a platform to "older voices", referring to Nelson Piquet!!!

Let's ban David Attenborough from TV. He's much too old to be allowed a platform or have any understanding of us younger folk. :roll:
I think Piquet is using th Suarez defence. The word is used commonly in Brazil and is not offensive.
Perhaps. But he has form calling Senna gay and Mansell's wife ugly. He clearly shoots from the hip.
Well now he has a lifetime ban from F1.
To question whether older voices should be given a platform isn't the same as calling someone a N, gay or ugly? Or is it?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:00 pm

I think Piquet is using th Suarez defence. The word is used commonly in Brazil and is not offensive.
Perhaps. But he has form calling Senna gay and Mansell's wife ugly. He clearly shoots from the hip.
Well now he has a lifetime ban from F1.
To question whether older voices should be given a platform isn't the same as calling someone a N, gay or ugly? Or is it?
The question should be, should Piquet have a voice rather than "older people", which would include some living legends of F1. If Hamilton threw a brick through my window, I wouldn't tell the police that a black guy chucked a brick through my window. I'd say it was Lewis Hamilton. :)
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:21 pm
Laid under 3.5. Two quick goals in the 5th and 6th minute left me in a position with little more to gain so I greened up. Then I realised there was nothing else to trade until 23:00. :lol:
FFS, everything's going right for me tonight. Laid the under 1.5 market, goal after 6 minutes!

It takes all the fun out of trading. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”