Betfair news

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

I couldn't think of an appropriate thread for misc Betfair News so started one.

Occasionally we hear things ahead of any public announcement and although their communications are less than ideal, ours needn't be if we come across anything . (I'd prefer it if this stuck to news rather than debate about who should have told who and office politics? )

20 Jan 23
Re: Football

We're pleased to announce that we'll be launching the BSP on Football (Match Odds) next week. There will be some final testing Wednesday morning however the intention is to launch it on Wednesday 25th Jan for the Nottingham Forest v Man Utd Carabao Cup game. I'll update you here if we do have to delay launch due to unforeseen circumstances. We'll also offer it on the following fixtures as part of the first phase;

Friday 27 Jan – Man City v Arsenal– FA Cup
Saturday 28 Jan – All five 14:30 (UK time) Bundesliga games
Sunday 29 Jan – All four La Liga games

A review will then take place to make sure prices are holding up but all being well, we plan to start offering BSP on all fixtures for the following competitions from Saturday 4th Feb;

English Premier League
Spanish La Liga
Italian Serie A
German Bundesliga
UEFA Champion’s League

At the end of February, we'll undergo another review and listen to any suggestions for other competitions such as French Ligue 1 or International Football. In theory we could offer on every competition but we're keen to avoid massively skewed SP's. If all of the above is a success, we could then look at other markets and sports
weemac

It's a re-launch. They tried this before and there was next to nothing matched at SP, even on high profile Premiership matches.
napshnap

Great idea, Shaun! I will follow this thread.
napshnap

weemac wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:36 pm
It's a re-launch. They tried this before and there was next to nothing matched at SP, even on high profile Premiership matches.
Interesting, what may be the reason people didn't bet a lot at SP?
Euler

I've been uncouraging them to adopt this again. If you look at this from a trading perspective, if gives you a guaranteed exit at kick off. That's the main reason I'm keen on it.
ShaunWhite

(Carl at Betfair)
Morning all, everything went smoothly with the Forest v Man Utd game on Wednesday. Over £20k matched at SP including "take BSP if unmatched bets" (which don't show as SP bets on the graphs). There was also money matched against "non-SP unmatched bets" that were in the market and pulled into the reconciliation, which is promising and helps towards reducing the amount of bets that lapse.
Michael5482

Just received a Betfair Survey, mainly covers how long you spend gambling, when do you gamble and do you spend more than you can afford etc

Could of maybe of added a few more around the black market, account restrictions and affordability check fairness but that would entail tackling the real issues of the betting public
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 10.49.58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weemac

It's anonymous.
Please click the link we sent to YOUR email address.
:lol:
Derek27

They shouldn't begin an email with "Hi Michael" if it's anonymous.

The question is, will they close your account if you don't respond, or will they close your account if you do? ;)

Return to “General discussion”