RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:47 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:18 pm
What is the US scared off? A Chinese spy balloon observing their missile defence systems and they're too scared to shoot it down!!
They're probably worried the Chinese will shoot down the satellites they're watching them with. Everyone is watching everyone else 247365 so these "outrages" seems a bit manufactured to me. When governments are unpopular making themselves look like our savours and indispensable is a good trick.
There's a big difference between a satellite in orbit (which is in international airspace, or spacespace) and a balloon at 60,000 feet. They should shoot it down.
ShaunWhite

According to the song there's another 98 somewhere :D
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:45 pm
According to the song there's another 98 somewhere :D
They were red balloons, this is a white one. :P

The US are unwilling to shoot it down due to the risk of debris landing on homes. Absolute bollocks! There are no homes underneath it. It's wasteland and it's just a balloon FFS, how can anyone get injured by the remnants of a burst balloon? :lol:
Derek27

Apparently they don't have the military technology to bring down balloons. Bullets just cause slow punctures that will take days. At 60,000 feet, I'd suggest a low-yield nuclear missile detonated near it should melt it down. Otherwise North Korea will know they can float their nuclear arsenal into Europe and USA on balloons. :)
ShaunWhite

My lad bought an old car for 900 quid to fix up and try to make some money. Last night some c*nt broke into the yard and nicked the catalytic converter. Rare as hens teeth for this particular model and if they turn up they're a grand. Gutted for him. I offered to make the problem go away with the money for one and he refused. What two totally different responses to being broke.
Korattt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:23 pm
My lad bought an old car for 900 quid to fix up and try to make some money. Last night some c*nt broke into the yard and nicked the catalytic converter. Rare as hens teeth for this particular model and if they turn up they're a grand. Gutted for him. I offered to make the problem go away with the money for one and he refused. What two totally different responses to being broke.
that’s why we’ve got CCTV outside our house, front, back & porch, for less than £200 it covers all angles
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:56 pm
I used to like Kit Kat when I was a kid, so after seeing a TV commercial last night that reminded me of it, today I headed for the confectionary aisle in the supermarket. Six flipping varieties with nine bars in each! If they sold a variety pack for novice consumers I would have bought one.
try biting the ends off of one & using it as a straw to drink your brew through.. dreamy
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
If I was justice minister, I would attempt to put forward legislation to have those bastards castrated. Absolute scumbags.
Derek27

Korattt wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:11 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
that’s why we’ve got CCTV outside our house, front, back & porch, for less than £200 it covers all angles
Depends on where you live. My sister lives in an expensive part of London with about 20 CCTV cameras around the house. She caught a burglar trying to break in. Despite showing the footage to the police with the burglar's clearly identifiable car and number plates the police weren't interested, they said not enough proof!

I live in Norwich, the police often knock on my neighbour's door to ask to see his footage whenever an incident occurs on the street. It helped put away a drunken driver.
ShaunWhite

Korattt wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:11 am
It was in the yard at the garage where he works, 8ft fence and bristling with cameras. It's no deterent and good luck getting any help from the police. My suggestion is to park it in a puddle, blue wire in the puddle, brown wire to the car. Then watch the fireworks on the cctv.

It's just dispiriting, single parent on not much more than min wage, just trying to make a buck and your effort is rewarded like that. :roll: He's such a proud sob though (quite litterally ;)) I have to prise his hand upon to put money in it. Its not the answer but he's 150mls away so hard to help.
Derek27

There's so much outrage over utility companies breaking into the homes of vulnerable people, particularly the mistaken victim who wasn't even in debt, but what about the magistrates that sign the warrants? What accountability do they get held to?
Derek27

Braising steak in packs of three, once opened consume within 24 hours, FFS!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:21 pm
There's so much outrage over utility companies breaking into the homes of vulnerable people, particularly the mistaken victim who wasn't even in debt, but what about the magistrates that sign the warrants? What accountability do they get held to?
I think the problem is that there isn't a warrent. There won't be much outrage because it's the poor. If it was the middle classes then they'd be kicking off.
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:18 pm
What is the US scared off? A Chinese spy balloon observing their missile defence systems and they're too scared to shoot it down!!
President Biden takes advice from the BA forum and shot it down. :D
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:21 pm
I think the problem is that there isn't a warrent. There won't be much outrage because it's the poor. If it was the middle classes then they'd be kicking off.
From what I've gathered from the news, the arseholes that carry out these break-ins have warrants. I think it's unlikely they'd do it without one. The magistrates have been handing out warrants willy-nilly. What I was getting at is that judges make mistakes, errors of law that can be corrected in a higher court, but what accountability is there for judges that make gross, deliberate errors or completely neglect to look at the evidence?

You're old enough to remember judges that said getting drunk and having sex with a 7-year-old girl is the sort of thing that can happen to anyone, the rape victim in a short skirt was asking for it, obviously unharmed, etc.

Return to “General discussion”