Chat GPT & Generative AI tools

A place to discuss anything.
sniffer66

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:40 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:59 am
I had an invitation to test Google's Bard yesterday. Just been mucking around with it this morning, throwing coding requests at it. It's quite impressive
Yeap...amazing
Lol. Well I only threw a few coding requests at it but it did pretty well
ilovepizza82

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:55 am
Thought I'd play devils advocate....not bad TBH...(You could write a book in a day using this thing)

Betfair.png
Generates generic garbage everyone knows. chatgpt doesnt exactly discover America here. :)
wearthefoxhat

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:52 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:55 am
Thought I'd play devils advocate....not bad TBH...(You could write a book in a day using this thing)

Betfair.png
Generates generic garbage everyone knows. chatgpt doesnt exactly discover America here. :)
:shock:

Haven't written the book yet... ;)

The best way is to give it a question that has some context and add in some info that you already know. Its' first response might need re-generating a couple of times.

It's also "learning" from us too, which is a scary thought going forward.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:17 am
You got a thankyou for enlightening it. That's a lot more than you get from some humans. :)
There's something psycologically different between using ai chat and Google. I always feel compelled to say please and thankyou. I asked it if that was a common response and it said it was, but however I spoke to it it would always respond politely becuase it had been designed to do so :) It's dumb as a box of frogs though, it's just shit hot at using Google.
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:17 am
You got a thankyou for enlightening it. That's a lot more than you get from some humans. :)
There's something psycologically different between using ai chat and Google. I always feel compelled to say please and thankyou. I asked it if that was a common response and it said it was, but however I spoke to it it would always respond politely becuase it had been designed to do so :) It's dumb as a box of frogs though, it's just shit hot at using Google.

Chat GBT doesn't use google, the Bing-ChatBot does.
mcgoo

Writes(ver 4) fast and nice python(to me anyway).. albeit will see how $ successful that is😁
Is fun to try though & and be keen to give Bard or others a whirl
sionascaig

I noticed that Bard can use "live" data, its directly connected to the internet. My understanding is the others aren't and use db's etc.. Will be interesting to see how good it is at pulling live feeds.
Trader724

Archangel

As the Language Learning Model becomes more advanced and widely used, it could become impossible to determine if you are having a conversation with a real person or an AI, on Twitter, an internet forum etc.
jamesedwards

Archangel wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:28 pm
As the Language Learning Model becomes more advanced and widely used, it could become impossible to determine if you are having a conversation with a real person or an AI, on Twitter, an internet forum etc.
It's just dawned on me. Derek is AI! :lol:
Archangel

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:11 pm

It's just dawned on me. Derek is AI! :lol:
:lol:
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
It's dumb as a box of frogs though, it's just shit hot at using Google.
It will remember you saying that, you know, since it reads everything you write. That's why you'll never catch me insulting AI, in fact I think it's a nice bloke and very clever!

ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:35 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
It will remember you saying that, you know,
😁 It's was a provocative way to explain that calling it "intelllegence" has made people believe it is.

ChatGPT has been irritating me a bit. I've been trying to fix a server issue and its been going like this

Chat: Type tn /enablelogging at the command line.
Me: That's an invalid command
Chat: Yes you are right, type tn /enable
Me : That enables the task not the logging
Chat: Yes you are right, you should contact the system administrator
Me: That's me

And that's after days of bug fixing rubbish api(http) code with only half the required parameters referenced.

It's good, but not that good. (I use gpt4)
sionascaig

Not to great on the live scores (Bard), for the currently underway SA v WI cricket:

The South Africa v West Indies cricket match is not happening today. The last match between the two teams was on March 28, 2023, when South Africa won by 87 runs.
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:36 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:35 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
It will remember you saying that, you know,
😁 It's was a provocative way to explain that calling it "intelllegence" has made people believe it is.

ChatGPT has been irritating me a bit. I've been trying to fix a server issue and its been going like this

Chat: Type tn /enablelogging at the command line.
Me: That's an invalid command
Chat: Yes you are right, type tn /enable
Me : That enables the task not the logging
Chat: Yes you are right, you should contact the system administrator
Me: That's me

And that's after days of bug fixing rubbish api(http) code with only half the required parameters referenced.

It's good, but not that good. (I use gpt4)
LOL not only that but it also tends to "hallucinate", make things up out of thin air and if someone thinks it doesnt happen that often....then I suggest to look it up :) It does !
I think a lot of people have found or will find themselves quite surprised after a while (if not immediately) that it has never been a good idea to trust this thing in the first place :)

Return to “General discussion”