Betfair VIP / Hospitality

A place to discuss anything.
tomallen123

Just wondering, is anyone a betfair VIP or been offered any betfair hospitality?
I sent an email asking if I could have a pair of racing tickets and thought they would accommodate me, seeing as I pay them 5 figures every year but they didn't want to know :(
Euler

Betfair only offer hospitality to losers, so it's not something any of us are ever likely to be invited to.

I've never been invited to anything by the accounts team in my entire 15 years at Betfair and my commission bill in that time is astonishing.
LeTiss

Not only that Peter, but how much money enters the BF markets through Bet Angel?

I'd think they'd be offering you BJ's, not just racing tickets
PeterLe

Peter
you get a calendar at Christmas don't you!
regards
Peter
Euler

I had one calendar one year, but that's the only gift I have ever had from them. Actually I lie I got a pack of cards in 2006.
tomallen123

Have you tried asking them for something?
tricola

Wow, Ive been offered PSG - Barcelona 3 tickets. No accommodation though so I didnt get that.
Getting pack of cards for promoting their website in way you are doing@ euler shows that we will not get anything for free from them at least in next 10 years(They are seting targets points so high to get any money from their chrtismass promotion(chase reward promotion) that I dont remember when i last got 10 pound from them) .
Bit off topic
Polish betfair community is dying. One forum is shut down, other starting to struggle (there is a regulation issue too- they(goverment) are starting to chase casuals punters for placing bets on foreign websites, giving them penalties up to 1000 pounds). Punters are worry to play there. Prohibition in Europe.
kerrygold

would have thought Peter at least you would be given more - betangel volume alone must be huge
gazuty

Betfair in Australia have decided to run a few competitions. I'm not sure why. It's in part laughable because by reaching various profit levels one can receive a commission discount (so I'll just pay more pc) or get some Bluetooth speakers (they must really be having trouble getting rid of them because they offered them to me as a gift recently from my vip customer service manager). They've just asked me again why I'm not joining these competitions. Answer. I couldn't be arsed.
Euler wrote:Betfair only offer hospitality to losers, so it's not something any of us are ever likely to be invited to.

I've never been invited to anything by the accounts team in my entire 15 years at Betfair and my commission bill in that time is astonishing.
Scarily they sent me an email saying I MIGHT be invited to something in the spring carnival. Although so far nothing. I'm guessing based on the comment I won't be getting an invite.
Archangel

I always felt that if a bookie was offering you hospitality it meant you were a monumental loser
The dog of ry

Woohooo! :D
I won a Betfair Bluetooth speaker at Caulfield today... Party at mine!
gazuty

Won $100 credit to my account in the Australian competition over the weekend. (Thankfully the comp is based around making money not losing money).

Wonder if I get the full $100 or if I hand back some in pc.
firlandsfarm

New poster here and a bit late for this thread but I (and partner) was invited to a day out at Cheltenham Festival a few years ago, Entrance tickets, hospitality tent (unlimited booze and good food laid on) ... it was a great day, thoroughly enjoyed.

I was also invited to one of their Champions League nights in London with friend but could not attend but I think refreshments were laid on again.

After reading this thread I wonder if maybe they will be the only opportunities and Betfair life will pass me by in the future! :(
vankancisco

In the last six months I've been provided with a few pairs of racing tickets/badges and hospitality at an Arsenal game. I use Betfair as my main platform, but I'm not totally reliant on it. I'm guessing Betfair have realised this from my activity and are keen to keep me, possibly suspecting I have other options available.

With respect to major traders, Betfair take the stance that individual traders need Betfair much more than Betfair needs them. I guess this display of power is epitomised by the 60% comm charge. Because of the nature of sports trading - the very essence of it is generally acting as a single entity, it makes it extremely difficult for any power base to be built up. Betfair know they rule the roost, the only threat to them is if another platform challenges them and their hand is forced. With the way things are, it would probably take some key innovation from another platform or a major scandal to hit Betfair for things to change the current landscape.
firlandsfarm

vankancisco, what do you mean by the "60% comm charge"? That one floored me!

... and I must agree with you over your "keen to keep me" claim, my Cheltenham invite came after I reduced my Betfair activity.
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion”