Jean Delesse - Professional Betfair trader (scam)

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

PapaShango wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:42 am
Sounds like he’s wasting his time on Twitter.

He should try his luck on here. The murky world of the forum private messages is seemingly the place to go if you want to sell something. So long as you’re doing it for charity !
Really?
Oh that's nasty......I haven't received one
Perhaps they don't send them to people who have been around here for a long time

That's gross, if BA users are being approached like that by other users
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:11 am
I'm hearing he's active on Twitter again. He has an account opened in May 2021 as @STrading21

I cannot understand how this man has not been arrested!
If he was a PC payer and was avoiding it, Betfair would pursue him with every fibre in their power

Fraudsters however.......seems less of a concern!!
They just shift the blame onto the poor souls duped by him, saying it's their fault for being stupid and being conned
It always fills me with dread when this topic re-appears
Well done on finding and posting his latest ID though
foxwood

LeTiss wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:49 am
Really?
Oh that's nasty......I haven't received one
Perhaps they don't send them to people who have been around here for a long time

That's gross, if BA users are being approached like that by other users
I think he was making a joke relating to a locked thread that turned into a bun fight viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23709&hilit=strategy+for+sale
LeTiss

foxwood wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:06 am
I think he was making a joke relating to a locked thread that turned into a bun fight viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23709&hilit=strategy+for+sale
My apologies, I've not been here for a couple of weeks
Clearly missed the point
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:10 am
Clearly missed the point
You haven't missed much. Just another pointless thread getting 40 pages of comments in a week, while other fairly interesting topics get tumbleweed. Business as usual.
Derek27

PapaShango wrote:

He should try his luck on here. The murky world of the forum private messages is seemingly the place to go if you want to sell something. So long as you’re doing it for charity !
I'm pretty sure nobody has or would have fallen for it, not even goat. :)
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm
PapaShango wrote:

Unfortunately quite a few have, one even stumbled across this thread before and asked for advice before still parting with 5k despite all our warnings.

To his credit he did post up the full dialogue he had with the scammer (its somewhere in the middle of this topic) and you can see how it all unfolds, how he basically takes all the money in one go and then begs for more.

Its quite a disturbing read

Edit; it starts from Page 5
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm
PapaShango wrote:

Unfortunately quite a few have, one even stumbled across this thread before and asked for advice before still parting with 5k despite all our warnings.

To his credit he did post up the full dialogue he had with the scammer (its somewhere in the middle of this topic) and you can see how it all unfolds, how he basically takes all the money in one go and then begs for more.

Its quite a disturbing read

Edit; it starts from Page 5
I was referring to this week's thread, but yes, that was quite disturbing. Even more so when you consider that would be just one of many victims. Makes you wonder how he manages to sleep at night!
Emmson

I am intrigued at the prospect of a French sports trader, never come across one before, too bad he's marked down here as a scam artist.

Lots of Scandinavian sports traders & Eastern Europeans & Australians why not some French? lets broaden ther base. :D
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:40 pm
I am intrigued at the prospect of a French sports trader, never come across one before, too bad he's marked down here as a scam artist.

Lots of Scandinavian sports traders & Eastern Europeans & Australians why not some French? lets broaden ther base. :D
I'm sure there are sports traders in every corner of the globe, but I think France has no bookies and the Parimutual has massive overrounds, so it's not likely to have taken off like it has here.
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:06 pm
Emmson wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:40 pm

I'm sure there are sports traders in every corner of the globe, but I think France has no bookies and the Parimutual has massive overrounds, so it's not likely to have taken off like it has here.
I know about Paris Mutuel but people have the urge & passion to gamble everywhere (I think) so where do serious minded Frenchman go? not the recreational. They must exist.
Morbius

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:13 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:10 am
Clearly missed the point
You haven't missed much. Just another pointless thread getting 40 pages of comments in a week, while other fairly interesting topics get tumbleweed. Business as usual.

+1

I would block this crap straight away and lock/delete threads like these. I only noticed the 40 page similar thread earlier and was stunned that it got to page 40 ffs.

If people cannot be bothered to do the leg work to learn ANY business and do due diligence then the "life they deserve" promised by the vendor will deliver exactly THAT because idiots and idle people tend to always get what they deserve. This forum should be about intelligent discussion from like minded people and nothing more.

Edges are everywhere but the biggest edge is the person themselves because they are the system. Any edge is so scalable in sports trading that nobody should need to pay for anything system wise anyway
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 1:11 pm
I would block this crap straight away and lock/delete threads like these. I only noticed the 40 page similar thread earlier and was stunned that it got to page 40 ffs.
Thought it would get deleted right after OP since I assumed that selling ads wasn't allowed on the forum.

Either way, as long as people are lazy and ignorant there will always be a market for this.
greenmark

But the exposure of the dialogue between Delesse and Bigfatwinner was useful. There are unprincipled, amoral individuals out there. Be wary. Caveat Emptor.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 1:59 pm
Either way, as long as people are lazy and ignorant there will always be a market for this.

Yep... Good old cause and effect at work

Return to “General discussion”