Jean Delesse - Professional Betfair trader (scam)

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm
PapaShango wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:42 am
Sounds like he’s wasting his time on Twitter.

He should try his luck on here. The murky world of the forum private messages is seemingly the place to go if you want to sell something. So long as you’re doing it for charity !
I'm pretty sure nobody has or would have fallen for it, not even goat. :)
Bit harsh there Derek to be fair, imho his big thread did more harm than good in the short term, can only realistically expect any benefits in the long term once dust settles, although I'm sure it's a good resource for others.

Think I've said that somewhere in there already, it's okay to get advice from one or two people and then you have a clear path forward but when you get overwhelmed by advice from dozens of different types of traders with seemingly conflicting views and opinions as well then nobody is doing you any real favors despite their good intentions :)
LeTiss

Capture.JPG
Strangely enough.......he's very quick on the block button when he gets a "hello Mr Delesse"
:lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:52 pm
Capture.JPG

Strangely enough.......he's very quick on the block button when he gets a "hello Mr Delesse"
:lol: :lol:
:lol:
Kai

Hard to believe it's been 5 years since OP.

He still has 87 followers on Twatter, one of them appropriately called The Sports Investor. Someone should msg all of them about his scams, maybe through a twitter bot or something?

Imagine the concept, a highly successful trader desperate for investor money 🤦‍♂️

Dr Ginhog

NEVER A BORROWER OR A LENDER BE
x1000 when gambling is involved.
Here is my salutary tale. I introduced a relation to betfair/betangel giving them
a baf that I considered rock solid. It went well for a few months but eventually went south and he lost about 1600. I was mortified. As I had promised him that I considered it a certainty I felt obliged to stump up and I did so even covering the interest on his credit card.
Even having repaid in full I still feel my reputation had been tainted. The rumour
mongers never correct their statements later!
There a lesson there for both sides. It never works out, both sides feel enormous pressure and acrimony (Not acca money) always follows.
Im sure others have similar tales and have come to the same conclusions.
There are plenty of conmen out there and plenty of people with good but misguided intentions.
Im not sure why i felt the need to share that but I think I had a moment of clarity
when everything finally made sense .
Trader Pat

grindhog wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:46 pm
NEVER A BORROWER OR A LENDER BE
x1000 when gambling is involved.
Here is my salutary tale. I introduced a relation to betfair/betangel giving them
a baf that I considered rock solid. It went well for a few months but eventually went south and he lost about 1600. I was mortified. As I had promised him that I considered it a certainty I felt obliged to stump up and I did so even covering the interest on his credit card.
Even having repaid in full I still feel my reputation had been tainted. The rumour
mongers never correct their statements later!
There a lesson there for both sides. It never works out, both sides feel enormous pressure and acrimony (Not acca money) always follows.
Im sure others have similar tales and have come to the same conclusions.
There are plenty of conmen out there and plenty of people with good but misguided intentions.
Im not sure why i felt the need to share that but I think I had a moment of clarity
when everything finally made sense .

That is exactly the reason why I'd never introduce anyone I know personally to trading.

I've had friends and people I know ask me about it and I'll give them a broad outline and tell them who and what to avoid but that's as far as I go. If they want to find out more I point them in the right direction but ultimately tell them to do their own research.
Dr Ginhog

Absolutely Pat. And i still get people asking me about what i do in gambling or they think Im dealing shares.(they see my betangel screen running my Practice mode stuff) but i try not to talk about it.
Euler

Kai

Euler wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:37 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U0ls3OLQQA
Wow Riyad Mahrez has really let himself go
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:43 pm
Euler wrote:
Ironic or maybe a hidden in your face is the web address with the letter 'a' removed is www.theft.uk
Kai

Dallas wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:08 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:43 pm
Euler wrote:
Ironic or maybe a hidden in your face is the web address with the letter 'a' removed is www.theft.uk
I think you're right Dallas, the link to the trading course does indeed have the word 'theft' in it, that is a fact
LeTiss

I have a Twitter follower who got duped by this guy

The thing that angered me at the time, was the attitude of Betfair security.
A couple of people done some superb digging on this man and gave them evidence of his scamming and even his home address to pass onto French authorities.

Betfair weren't interested........if you avoided paying PC however, they'd come after you like the Gestapo

This whole episode painted Betfair in a light almost as dim as Jean Delesse
Trader Pat

He lost me as soon as he said he'd just finished meditating.

Its like going on a first date and asking them what sort of stuff they're into. If they say going to the gym or cosplay I lose interest and ask for the bill.
LeTiss

Meditating?

You are talking about Paul Suissa, surely?

That's not the same bloke is it?
Trader Pat

Yeah its Suissa in the video but they're two different people.

Return to “General discussion”