Most profitable strategy

A place to discuss anything.
Brandon98

jimibt wrote:cyber - funnily enough, i employ a similar strategy to this using lays on two of the correct score market entries and one on the under/over 3.5 market.

as you say, game selection is critical to the success of any strategy and with the one i use, literally only 5-10% of the games in any day qualify for this approach. however, with diligent research and a strong discipline this type of strategy can be semi automated, thus freeing you from any emotional tie to trade. I'd also add that in my opinion, any strategy is only as good as the critical selection of the markets. I'd estimate market selection as being 80% of the process, the other 20% being entry and exit strategy.

as for horse racing, there are many common strategies that are in use out there, but to make anything a success, you need to get under the skin of the strategy so that you fully understand every nuance. if you don't understand the strategy, then you will be at sea when the market efficiency dynamics change and your strategy no longer works.

i'm sure the OP will get plenty of hints but am doubtful that the spice that adds flavour to the strategy will be revealed.
Hey mate thanks for the reply just wondering what other two markets you lay aswell as the 3.5 and how u pick the games to bet on thanks Brandon
jimibt

Brandon98 wrote: Hey mate thanks for the reply just wondering what other two markets you lay aswell as the 3.5 and how u pick the games to bet on thanks Brandon
brandon, without sounding brittle, it must surely be obvious what those two markets are. i purposefully left out the detail as i feel you will never learn anything useful if it's delivered without having gone thro the thought processes. I've spent 6-7 months figuring out a simple two liner strategy, but it is backed up with 1000's of hours of study and extensive backing data. you honestly need to go thro this process too as it will make you really think hard about the relationships between markets etc...

anyway, as you get ideas, feel free to drop them on this thread as i'm sure people will be more than willing to share experience on your thinking.
cybernet69

Brandon98 wrote:
cybernet69 wrote:Brandon,

As it's nearly xmas I will give you some clues.

Football/Soccer matches

1. Place a BTL trade on 0-0 in the correct score market.
2. Place a BTL trade on Over 1.5 goals in the goals market.

Now, this is not a dead cert or ARB. But when the odds allow in both markets then the following occurs:

- You get to half-time and no goals have been scored. The odds on 1 above will have nearly halved allowing you to cover any loss on 2 above and still make a nice profit.

- A goal gets scored before half time which means 1 above is lost but the odds on 2 above have shrunk enough to cover that loss and still make a nice profit.

However, you will need to research which games to trade on. Ideally the odds on 2 above should be >= 1.4 or so. You will also need to work out what stakes to use on each.

I suggest you paper trade the above after you have researched/selected the best games.

Sit back, look at the markets, its not easy but then again you don't need to be a rocket scientist to spot certain ways of making money.

Best of luck,
Thanks mate sounds like a good strategy just one question does btl mean bet to lay? So I would place a lay bet on both markets for the same stake and the odds should be at least 1.4 correct?
1. BTL = Back To Lay. Meaning Back First.
2. LTB = Lay to Back. Meaning Lay First.
Pinnochio

;)
Last edited by Pinnochio on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybernet69

Pinnochio wrote:brandon, maybe cybernet and jimbt will post up screenshots of their profit and losses to show just how successful these wonderful strategies they're tempting you with actually are, especially as football markets are very liquid they must be coining in the readies. Or maybe like evryone else on here bragging they're full of it ;)
Are you for real ??????

Myself and Jim offered some different advice. Personally, I couldn't give a toss what people believe or don't believe.
Pinnochio

;)
jimibt

Pinnochio wrote:brandon, maybe cybernet and jimbt will post up screenshots of their profit and losses to show just how successful these wonderful strategies they're tempting you with actually are, especially as football markets are very liquid they must be coining in the readies. Or maybe like evryone else on here bragging they're full of it ;)
peace to ALL. i stand by what i say, if you want to learn, you need to pick up the crumbs that are on offer. as for my profitability, i never once asserted that i made anything out of these markets, only that i had spent time developing a couple of strategies - jeez this is how zealots start wars, by ascribing advice to vanity and bravado.

anyway, as i said in my previous message, everyone will pitch in and help with advice, but I'm doubtful that the secret sauce will be given.

[edit] - to be honest, i am full of it...
Last edited by jimibt on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinnochio

;)
cybernet69

Pinnochio wrote:Dunno why everyones getting so narky just because they've been asked to provide some proof to back up what they're telling Brandon.
I think your a flipping twat.
jimibt

cybernet69 wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:Dunno why everyones getting so narky just because they've been asked to provide some proof to back up what they're telling Brandon.
I think your a flipping twat.
tbh -i think that's what Geppetto's favourite son thinks of me, but that kinda empowers me.

merry xmas all, and here's to 2017
shakespeare

Merry Christmas, cybernet and jimi.
jimibt

shaky, you have a fab one too: https://youtu.be/ZeyHl1tQeaQ?t=53 :D
Pinnochio

;)
Last edited by Pinnochio on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimibt

pinnochio, no problem, i get what you're saying and can only say that i wasn't trying to be smart. in fact, in the spirit of reconciliation, i've posted three screenshots for the game that cyber mentioned earlier, that illustrates what brendon should do to employ this strategy:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stu410

Pinnochio wrote:I bear you no ill will, jimibt, sometimes it just gets irritating seeing people dropping 'worthwhile snippets' to the newbies giving them false hopes but never anything of real use. All done with a knowing wink to imply they're doing quite well they'll have you know but never quite giving anything worthwhile or proofed.
Then follow the master

https://twitter.com/psychofftrading

Return to “General discussion”