Most profitable strategy

A place to discuss anything.
shakespeare

Merry Christmas, cybernet and jimi.
jimibt

shaky, you have a fab one too: https://youtu.be/ZeyHl1tQeaQ?t=53 :D
Pinnochio

;)
Last edited by Pinnochio on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimibt

pinnochio, no problem, i get what you're saying and can only say that i wasn't trying to be smart. in fact, in the spirit of reconciliation, i've posted three screenshots for the game that cyber mentioned earlier, that illustrates what brendon should do to employ this strategy:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stu410

Pinnochio wrote:I bear you no ill will, jimibt, sometimes it just gets irritating seeing people dropping 'worthwhile snippets' to the newbies giving them false hopes but never anything of real use. All done with a knowing wink to imply they're doing quite well they'll have you know but never quite giving anything worthwhile or proofed.
Then follow the master

https://twitter.com/psychofftrading
stu410

He is my close friend, but still expensive information..
stu410

jimibt wrote:
Brandon98 wrote: Hey mate thanks for the reply just wondering what other two markets you lay aswell as the 3.5 and how u pick the games to bet on thanks Brandon
brandon, without sounding brittle, it must surely be obvious what those two markets are. i purposefully left out the detail as i feel you will never learn anything useful if it's delivered without having gone thro the thought processes. I've spent 6-7 months figuring out a simple two liner strategy, but it is backed up with 1000's of hours of study and extensive backing data. you honestly need to go thro this process too as it will make you really think hard about the relationships between markets etc...

anyway, as you get ideas, feel free to drop them on this thread as i'm sure people will be more than willing to share experience on your thinking.
--------

In the same situation I have done 1000 trials for 10 months and I follow and respect Cybernet69 for the Greyhound strategy.

viewtopic.php?t=11654
LinusP

cybernet69 wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:Dunno why everyones getting so narky just because they've been asked to provide some proof to back up what they're telling Brandon.
I think your a flipping twat.
+1
Pinnochio

;)
Pinnochio

;)
jimibt

Pinnochio wrote:
jimibt wrote:pinnochio, no problem, i get what you're saying and can only say that i wasn't trying to be smart. in fact, in the spirit of reconciliation, i've posted three screenshots for the game that cyber mentioned earlier, that illustrates what brendon should do to employ this strategy:

The problem I have with these correct score strategies are that they're all generally based mathematically off the total goals market in the first place. So the only way you can win is if the original pricing was incorrect and the market then corrects itself due to what's happening on the pitch. By spreading that original value over so many markets you start losing value either by commission or crossing so many spreads. Or people try to cover some long shot probabilities with 'insurance' bets rarely covering all outcomes as that would make the strategy a loser from the start. With so many football markets available there's usually already a market in place to cover what they're trying to do in a single market anyway, whether that's time of first goal, total goals etc.

LinusP wrote: I think your a flipping twat.
+1
going back to your original pincer move -why don't you then give some cogent advice to the OP regards how you profit from such single simplistic scenarios. we really all could benefit from a wide viewpoint on this.

we can agree to disagree on your assertion. the stats that i use to select games are all based on the odds compiler looking at historical data and assigning significance to certain outcomes. i walk a line between the ultra-conservative 0-0 scoreline and the very low scoring games. if that riles you, then i'm sorry, it works for me.

i may be talking complete bollocks of course, but my subset of data is not based on any maths per-se - it's based on anomalies and these anomalies are usually (not always) spot on. what's more, the strike rate is high enough for me to risk a comparatively high liability on. the flip side tho is that i can only operate on 8-10 games a day due to my very conservative criteria. however, i'm happy enough with this. less is more and more is good from where i'm standing.

[edit] - regards insurance bets. i would prefer to call them intelligent coverage. if i'm using a conservative approach that ALMOST guarantees one goal and certainly, less than 3 goals, why the h3ll would i not use that data to capitalise on the under 3.5 goals market too. sure an additional commission is raised but at what cost - an additional gain!!

oh, and just to show the benefit of using multiple markets, consider the two screens below (a market that's running tonite)
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
so in this scenario, i greened out ahead of half time as there was no score. however, this almost certainly means that my under 3.5 goals trade will close successfully leaving a win on the match overall, despite the conservative greening at half time (it's all about trading, not gambling). anyway, i invite your critique (as ever) in due course...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

final note on the topic (sorry folks if i sound like a broken record). here's the only other market i traded tonite. this one produced the desired scenario of all trades coming out positive and shows the power of using cross market data to guide your trades:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
apologies that i didn't save this at the time of the match (i know you need empirical evidence mr pinnochio). but for your info, the final result was Kilmarnock 0 - 1 St Johnstone.

anyway, endure... ;)
cybernet69

jimibt wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:
jimibt wrote:pinnochio, no problem, i get what you're saying and can only say that i wasn't trying to be smart. in fact, in the spirit of reconciliation, i've posted three screenshots for the game that cyber mentioned earlier, that illustrates what brendon should do to employ this strategy:

The problem I have with these correct score strategies are that they're all generally based mathematically off the total goals market in the first place. So the only way you can win is if the original pricing was incorrect and the market then corrects itself due to what's happening on the pitch. By spreading that original value over so many markets you start losing value either by commission or crossing so many spreads. Or people try to cover some long shot probabilities with 'insurance' bets rarely covering all outcomes as that would make the strategy a loser from the start. With so many football markets available there's usually already a market in place to cover what they're trying to do in a single market anyway, whether that's time of first goal, total goals etc.

LinusP wrote: I think your a flipping twat.
+1
going back to your original pincer move -why don't you then give some cogent advice to the OP regards how you profit from such single simplistic scenarios. we really all could benefit from a wide viewpoint on this.

we can agree to disagree on your assertion. the stats that i use to select games are all based on the odds compiler looking at historical data and assigning significance to certain outcomes. i walk a line between the ultra-conservative 0-0 scoreline and the very low scoring games. if that riles you, then i'm sorry, it works for me.

i may be talking complete bollocks of course, but my subset of data is not based on any maths per-se - it's based on anomalies and these anomalies are usually (not always) spot on. what's more, the strike rate is high enough for me to risk a comparatively high liability on. the flip side tho is that i can only operate on 8-10 games a day due to my very conservative criteria. however, i'm happy enough with this. less is more and more is good from where i'm standing.

[edit] - regards insurance bets. i would prefer to call them intelligent coverage. if i'm using a conservative approach that ALMOST guarantees one goal and certainly, less than 3 goals, why the h3ll would i not use that data to capitalise on the under 3.5 goals market too. sure an additional commission is raised but at what cost - an additional gain!!
Jim,

I wouldnt bother mate. All you generally find on this forum is criticism. There are very few people willing to help others.

You have to post your BF P/L before you open ones mouth. Rather pathetic really as they can easily be faked. There is even a piece of software on the internet which will generate fake ones for you.

Anyway, hope you had a profitable day. I wont say I did otherwise I will have to get KPMG to ratify it.
jimibt

cybernet69 wrote: Anyway, hope you had a profitable day. I wont say I did otherwise I will have to get KPMG to ratify it.
now, that made me laugh... thanks for a brilliant closing comment on this thread..

have a great one
jim
cybernet69

jimibt wrote:
cybernet69 wrote: Anyway, hope you had a profitable day. I wont say I did otherwise I will have to get KPMG to ratify it.
now, that made me laugh... thanks for a brilliant closing comment on this thread..

have a great one
jim
And you. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”